AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magico (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Magicos with IsoAcoustics GAIA speaker isolators (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41362)

GSOphile 12-01-2017 10:05 AM

Magicos with IsoAcoustics GAIA speaker isolators

Anyone have experience using these with Magico speakers? Favorably reviewed in October Stereophile, and pricing is attractive.

The Trace 12-01-2017 12:03 PM

Gaia

I use them with Vandersteen speakers. Talked to Dave
Morrison, the owner before purchase. I am very happy with the results. No the are not Magicos but the results would be the same. Wider and more solid bass and soundstage.

j3brow 12-01-2017 12:58 PM

No experience with Magico, but I like mine with Dynaudio Contour 30. The price is right and well worth the effort. Buy from Crutchfield or Music Direct with 60 day return and find out for yourself. The only possible issue is maximum speaker weight of 220lbs for the Gaia I footers. How much do your Magico speakers weigh?

GSOphile 12-01-2017 03:14 PM

170 lbs - well within spec. Thanks, guys.

ylee 12-29-2017 09:10 PM

I ordered two boxes of Gaia 1 isolation feet and installed them Wednesday and have been listening to my system for about two - three hours a day while I'm on vacation for the holidays. Although my speakers weigh 110lbs. each, they have three spikes instead of four. So doing the arithmetic I figured that Gaia 1s would be better suited to my speakers than the Gaia IIs.

They are easily worth the money. Highly recommended. They are making as much of an impact on my system's sound as my preamp. My Vandersteen Quatro Wood CTs sound sublime with them. Biggest difference for me involve front to back depth - so much so as to make the overall soundstage very nearly holographic. There's also noticeable improvement in tonal purity and better delineation of notes in the extreme bass region. In my experience, when bass is improved the entire soundstage and delineation of instruments and notes become greater. I think the combination of my preamp's tubes giving greater dimensionality and the Gaia 1s enhancing the soundstage makes it ever more easy for me to pick out the instruments and vocalists in recordings. My system has gotten to the point it makes me very happy. In a couple months, I'm going to take steps to improve my power conditioning and further isolating my components.

FrankD 10-20-2018 08:36 AM

"So doing the arithmetic I figured that Gaia 1s would be better suited to my speakers than the Gaia IIs.

They are easily worth the money. Highly recommended. They are making as much of an impact on my system's sound as my preamp. My Vandersteen Quatro Wood CTs sound sublime with them"

Hello - I am considering the Gaia's for my Quattro Woods. Are you still happy with these? How easy is it to make the adjustments with these compared to the stock Vandy feet/footers? My speakers are on hardwood floors.

Also what is the thread size for these speakers?

Thank you

Masterlu 10-20-2018 12:41 PM

FrankD... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Robc33 10-20-2018 01:10 PM

I just purchased a pair of the Gaia 1s for my Strads.(170 lbs each) Even though i did not have the extended threads for the front yet, as the stock spikes are 1 1/4 longer than the back, so the rake angle is off by quite a bit. I also did not have the carpet spiked footers for them, I was pleased with the sound so far. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get back up there to set them up properly, but I hope to have more to add when I have a proper comparison.

2fastdriving 10-20-2018 01:42 PM

Seems ridiculous to have such a low weight limit. They definitely can't be used on Alexias then...

Robc33 10-20-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 936453)
Seems ridiculous to have such a low weight limit. They definitely can't be used on Alexias then...

It appeared to me that they use a series of springs, rather than then ball bearing approach, that Stillpoints use. They do make bigger models for heavier equipment. They had them at RMAF.