AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aerial Acoustics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Aerial Acoustics 6T Debut (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=23794)

bbarrett 11-04-2013 12:10 AM

Aerial Acoustics 6T Debut

For those living near Raleigh or Charlotte, North Carolina, just a heads up that retailer Audio Advice will be hosting Michael Kelly of Aerial Acoustics in those cities on November 6th and 7th, respectively. Michael will be debuting his new Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeaker. It is said to essentially be a slightly smaller version of the 7T, available in the same finishes.

As a very satisfied owner of the 7T's, I'd be interested in impressions of the 6T's of anyone attending the "Music Matters" event at Audio Advice.

Bob

trek737 11-05-2013 08:07 AM

Sounds interesting... Intro of a new model of Aerial speakers is great news. :banana:

Yamaki 11-05-2013 12:57 PM

My local dealer says they will have some in late December/early January. They are also trying to schedule out Michael Kelly to come out for the debut.

1dmbth 11-05-2013 08:54 PM

I will be there. I cant wait to hear them!

bbarrett 11-07-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1dmbth (Post 548168)
I will be there. I cant wait to hear them!

We look forward to your impressions.

Bob

Acolcer 11-08-2013 03:47 PM

Heard the 6T's

I attended the Audio Advice "Music Matters" event last night in Charlotte. I heard the 6T's mated with a lower end Audio Research stack and Transparent cabling and power conditioner. A Mac laptop served up some music natively (no JRiver or Amarra back end). I have to tell everybody - the sound blew me away. I never thought a pair of speakers with a $7K list price could sound as nice as they did. The dual bass drivers are dinky - visually. I was not prepared for the amount of bass they put out. How the heck did they pull that off? Mids and highs were excellent, too. I would say to anyone on a budget - run out and buy these beauties. Oh yes, they look great too. They were the gloss cherry finish and looked almost as nice as my Sonus Faber Amati's. I wasn't much of a Aerial fan in the past (bad experience with a SW12 sub), but this has changed my perception. :banana:

Masterlu 11-08-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acolcer (Post 549009)
I attended the Audio Advice "Music Matters" event last night in Charlotte. I heard the 6T's mated with a lower end Audio Research stack and Transparent cabling and power conditioner. A Mac laptop served up some music natively (no JRiver or Amarra back end). I have to tell everybody - the sound blew me away. I never thought a pair of speakers with a $7K list price could sound as nice as they did. The dual bass drivers are dinky - visually. I was not prepared for the amount of bass they put out. How the heck did they pull that off? Mids and highs were excellent, too. I would say to anyone on a budget - run out and buy these beauties. Oh yes, they look great to. They were the gloss cherry finish and looked almost as nice as my Sonus Faber Amati's. I wasn't much of a Aerial fan in the past (bad experience with a SW12 sub), but this has changed my perception. :banana:

Very cool, thanks for sharing your experience with us. :ok:

worldcat 11-12-2013 06:07 PM

Want to hear a pair of them.

jdandy 11-13-2013 12:07 AM

worldcat.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

BuffaloBill 11-13-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acolcer (Post 549009)
The dual bass drivers are dinky - visually. I was not prepared for the amount of bass they put out. How the heck did they pull that off?

High excursion 5 1/4" drivers. But better check for distortion..lot of diaphragm movement.