AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   CD Players, Digital Music & Servers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   EtherREGEN on the way! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46999)

Puma Cat 11-07-2019 06:57 PM

EtherREGEN on the way!

Just got an email that my EtherREGEN Ethernet switch has shipped from Uptone Audio!

:banana:

Should be getting it in a day or so, so I'll report back when I have it installed and have some first impressions.

For The Love of Music 11-07-2019 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 984992)
Just got an email that my EtherREGEN Ethernet switch has shipped from Uptone Audio!

:banana:

Should be getting it in a day or so, so I'll report back when I have it installed and have some first impressions.

November shipments went quick, hopefully December and January the same.

Ideally I get moved up til end of year, my guy tells me it will be worth it!!!

Puma Cat 11-07-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 984996)
November shipments went quick, hopefully December and January the same.

Ideally I get moved up til end of year, my guy tells me it will be worth it!!!

Knowing Alex and how hard-working he is, he's working hard to exceed expections, i.e., under-promise and over-deliver.

JoeN 11-07-2019 08:14 PM

Please keep us updated. I'm particularly interested in this unit - if it works :)

Puma Cat 11-07-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeN (Post 985013)
Please keep us updated. I'm particularly interested in this unit - if it works :)

Will do. And I'm very confident it will bring improvements; my Sonore OpticalModule certainly did.

Puma Cat 11-09-2019 10:41 PM

Ether REGEN has arrived! Going to fire it up presently as the system is now nicely warmed up...stay tuned.

Puma Cat 11-10-2019 12:10 AM

Okay…I now have the Optical Module in the bedroom feeding the run of fiber to the EtherREGEN in the main rack. Listening to Kenny Burrell's “Saturday Night Blues” on the Midnight Blue (24/192Khz) album, and I can I can hear the "reflection" of Kenny Burrell's guitar off the far wall in the recording venue...his guitar is on the left, and I can the secondary reflection of his guitar off the opposite, right, wall in the room they were playing in…whoa.

For The Love of Music 11-10-2019 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 985230)
Okay…I now have the Optical Module in the bedroom feeding the run of fiber to the EtherREGEN in the main rack. Listening to Kenny Burrell's “Saturday Night Blues” on the Midnight Blue (24/192Khz) album, and I can I can hear the "reflection" of Kenny Burrell's guitar off the far wall in the recording venue...his guitar is on the left, and I can the secondary reflection of his guitar off the opposite, right, wall in the room they were playing in…whoa.

So your saying a noticeable difference in SQL with etherGEN using a song you know well by Kenny?

Puma Cat 11-10-2019 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 985232)
So your saying a noticeable difference in SQL with etherGEN using a song you know well by Kenny?

SQL...Standard Query Language? :scratch2:

JoeN 11-10-2019 06:57 AM

Puma Cat,

Sounds like you hear a noticeable playback improvement. So, comparing it to the Sonore OpticalModule what differences are you hearing?