AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Events & Demos (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Help! Non Audiophile Wife coming to the Axpona Show. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39111)

bodiezaffa 04-15-2017 10:16 AM

Help! Non Audiophile Wife coming to the Axpona Show.

This is my 1st visit to the show - very exited!!
We are staying at the Westin O'hare, arriving Friday morning and there for all 3 days.

I suspect I will enjoy the company of my wife for about 60-90min each day before she starts to get bored and want to wander off.

What is the SAFEST and simplest way to get downtown and where to go shopping.
Are there any Premium Outlet Malls?
And while I have your attention, can you recommend a few restaurants that are a must - lunch and dinner.
I know one night is going to be at a steakhouse - no doubt!

Thanks to all who reply.

audio bill 04-15-2017 11:08 AM

Mark - Fashion Outlet Chicago in Rosemont is just a few minutes drive from the Westin and that should be able to keep her busy. There are a ton of great restaurants both within walking distance from the Westin as well as a short drive away. The hotel concierge would be happy to help you select ones to your liking. If I recall there are a couple of premium steakhouses within walking distance. Enjoy your visit and AXPONA! :smoking:

audioguy3107 04-15-2017 11:13 AM

Mark - Ha! I was in your position when AXPONA was in Atlanta a few years ago.....I bribed my wife to come with me for one of the days. She lasted about an hour and then became really really really bored. I sent her to the hotel swimming pool and bar.

- Buck

jdandy 04-15-2017 11:21 AM

Mark.......Yep, a non-audiophile wife at Axpona will ruin your enjoyment in less than a hour. It would be like you being obligated to tag along with her for a three day fashion show that features purses, shoes, jewelry, and perfume. I wouldn't last 15 minutes at a fashion show with a bunch of cackling women raving about the latest high heels or the newest scent from Chanel. That's about the way your wife will feel at an audio show with a bunch of men walking around in a daze idolizing rooms full of speakers and metal boxes with lights and knobs.

It's a smart idea to find a diversion for your wife other than leaving her in the hotel room for three days. She'll probably do more credit card damage at the Malls than you will at Axpona.

nicoff 04-15-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 841994)
Mark - Fashion Outlet Chicago in Rosemont is just a few minutes drive from the Westin and that should be able to keep her busy.

^ this

GaryProtein 04-15-2017 12:02 PM

You should both take SEPARATE TRIPS to the destinations of your choice.

You will both be happier.

bodiezaffa 04-15-2017 12:23 PM

Bill - Thanks for the good advice.
Gary, Dan and Buck - Been together with my wife for 30+ years.
Let her go crazy shopping....its way cheaper than 1/2 my assets.:D

Masterlu 04-15-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodiezaffa (Post 842009)
Let her go crazy shopping....its way cheaper than 1/2 my assets.:D

My wife of 25 years can easily prove you wrong! :naughty:

mtroo 04-15-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 841997)
Mark.......Yep, a non-audiophile wife at Axpona will ruin your enjoyment in less than a hour. It would be like you being obligated to tag along with her for a three day fashion show that features purses, shoes, jewelry, and perfume. I wouldn't last 15 minutes at a fashion show with a bunch of cackling women raving about the latest high heels or the newest scent from Chanel. That's about the way your wife will feel at an audio show with a bunch of men walking around in a daze idolizing rooms full of speakers and metal boxes with lights and knobs.

It's a smart idea to find a diversion for your wife other than leaving her in the hotel room for three days. She'll probably do more credit card damage at the Malls than you will at Axpona.

I don't know how it is that Dan can come across so warm and fuzzy. :lmao:

bodiezaffa 04-15-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtroo (Post 842011)
I don't know how it is that Dan can come across so warm and fuzzy. :lmao:

No worries - this is a secure site!