AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Balanced Audio Technology (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Balanced Audio Technology (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=12463)

johndoe21ro 12-25-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 749115)
I was already using a very substantial white maple stand on spikes. I put Stillpoints Ultras between the amp and the stand. I am not hearing a difference that I can be sure of, but I am not willing to take them out. That result is not surprising to me because of the following: when I moved the amp from the floor to the dedicated amp stand I heard a substantial improvement in the sound. Thus, there was not much left to fix.

What platforms did you use? Were they DIY? And what did you use between the platforms and the floor, Randy?
Merry Christmas! :)
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

chessman 12-26-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndoe21ro (Post 749127)
What platforms did you use? Were they DIY? And what did you use between the platforms and the floor, Randy? Merry Christmas! :) __________________ Amp: BAT VK-600SE Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e20MkIII DSD DAC w Paul Hynes SR3-12 Power Supply; MacBook Pro i5 13' w Samsung 850EVO 512GB SSD; Audirvana + 1.5.12 Speakers: Raidho Eben X-Centric Cables: Audioquest Sky XLR 72v DBS, Audioquest Everest DBS 72V, Audioquest NRG-10 72V DBS, Audioquest Diamond USB 216V DBS Rack: Mapleshade Platforms Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w IsoTek Elite EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; HiFi Tuning Supreme 3

They were DIY by a member here, but I am embarrassed to say I have forgotten his handle. I use spikes between the amp stand and a Berber carpet/pad over concrete.

chessman 01-06-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgneck (Post 696930)
Hi, Randy.

Sorry for the late reply - been out of town working over the past two years and I'm just catching a breather....

No, we're still renovating the entire house and the sound room is being used as storage. We hope to complete the renovations by September, then on with taming the acoustics in the new sound room.

I'm looking for a used 600se right now. I see a normal 600 but I don't want to mix the amps.

How are things going with you and your system?

Hey, Ray, it's time for your 2016 report!

Q3Di 02-04-2016 01:56 PM

Hello BAT Fan

Hello BAT fan, I am also a BAT fan. I really like their products and customer service. Victor, Vladimir and Geoff are very kind to talk to. I live nearby and visit them whenever I need their help.

chessman 02-04-2016 04:33 PM

Q3Di, welcome aboard! :wave:

bcarey13 02-15-2016 06:19 PM

Glad to find a BAT dedicated sub-forum. I recently bought a pair of VK-55 Mono Blocks to go with my VK-3iX Pre. I have the Bats pushing 110Watts of pure power into my Thiel CS3.6's. They have never sounded better.

Also, Geoff has been more than helpful with any question I have thrown his way....I can't wait to buy the next piece of BAT gear for my system.

chessman 02-16-2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcarey13 (Post 760445)
Glad to find a BAT dedicated sub-forum. I recently bought a pair of VK-55 Mono Blocks to go with my VK-3iX Pre. I have the Bats pushing 110Watts of pure power into my Thiel CS3.6's. They have never sounded better. Also, Geoff has been more than helpful with any question I have thrown his way....I can't wait to buy the next piece of BAT gear for my system.

I am delighted to meet another BAT lover!

shadowmoses 04-12-2016 03:46 AM

New BAT lover here. My search for a balanced pre-amp, preferably with dual XLR outputs led me to the VK-42SE. Very few pre-amps fit this description at a reasonable price range.

I'm putting its dual outputs to good use, one to a moon neo 330a power amp and the other to a Linnenberg Maestro headphone amp. Really love the flexibility to use my headphones with my front-end whenever the situation prevents me from listening to the speakers.

Am further considering an upgrade to the VK-53SE (with even more XLR outputs, hurray!), and/or a BAT solid state power amp. Would anyone have experience using the BAT amps with Verity speakers? Mine are the Parsival Anniversaries.

Would love the hear from other BAT fans. Thanks!

chessman 04-12-2016 01:17 PM

shadowmoses, welcome aboard! :wave:

jdandy 04-12-2016 01:32 PM

shadowmoses.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave: