AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Schiit (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Need a gentle nudge.. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43654)

vegaracer1 08-29-2018 05:48 PM

Save in the long run, you will never be completely satisfied with the lesser model now.[emoji573]

jdandy 08-30-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 929059)
If you thought you were gonna save money with this thread...well...:roflmao:

Marc.......No kidding. We absolutely love to spend other people's money. We're pretty good at it, too.

rushca01 08-30-2018 07:35 PM

After doing some more thinking I originally came here to decide between the gmby and the gmby multibit but now I’m really thinking about the yggy.. Honestly, most of my music is streamed via a Node 2..is the yggy really going to make that much of a difference? The 21 bit vs the 19 bit and all the MRI/Millitary chip talk has me hook line and sinker.

jdandy 08-30-2018 09:30 PM

rushca21.......All I can tell you is I would not trade my new Yggdrasil analog 2 version with the new Gen 5 USB for a Gumby, even if I got the difference in cost refunded to me. No way. The Yggdrasil DAC is remarkable. It is worth far more than its price.

kubla36 08-30-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushca01 (Post 929209)
After doing some more thinking I originally came here to decide between the gmby and the gmby multibit but now I’m really thinking about the yggy.. Honestly, most of my music is streamed via a Node 2..is the yggy really going to make that much of a difference? The 21 bit vs the 19 bit and all the MRI/Millitary chip talk has me hook line and sinker.

Holy Schiit, the Yggy A2 I ordered just arrived and is burning in. Just in time for a long weekend! It will be a couple hundred hours before I can compare it to the Gumby fairly. Just turned on the stereo long enough to be sure music was going through; it sounds different. (I’m like all: Vapors, Waiting for the Weekend)

As per my earlier posts, I’m a fan of R2R— get the multibit whichever version.

jdandy 08-31-2018 01:23 AM

rushca21.......I don't know if you read my Schiit Audio Yggdrasil Review , but if not you may find it interesting.

rushca01 08-31-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kubla36 (Post 929239)
Holy Schiit, the Yggy A2 I ordered just arrived and is burning in. Just in time for a long weekend! It will be a couple hundred hours before I can compare it to the Gumby fairly. Just turned on the stereo long enough to be sure music was going through; it sounds different. (I’m like all: Vapors, Waiting for the Weekend)

As per my earlier posts, I’m a fan of R2R— get the multibit whichever version.

I can’t wait to read this, this will be the first side by side that I know of with these two units.

PeterMusic 08-31-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushca01 (Post 929209)

The thing to keep in mind about the Yggy--as described by numerous reliable reviewers, including jdandy--it does not follow the normal economic rules of audiophiledom. It's performance/price ratio is so over the top that it makes sense "even" for a Node 2 (not to dis your source). At the risk of blasphemy on AA, the Yggy investment is a much better value than your McIntosh investment. Just go

mcpaf76 08-31-2018 09:29 AM

I wouldn't short change your Node. I don't currently use one, (using BlueOs card in my M12) but when I had one I used it with it's analog out, and I literally A/B'd it against Aurender streamers and other Dacs costing 5 times the price and it was distinguishable to me.

Formerly YB-2 08-31-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kubla36 (Post 929239)
Holy Schiit, the Yggy A2 I ordered just arrived and is burning in. Just in time for a long weekend! It will be a couple hundred hours before I can compare it to the Gumby fairly. Just turned on the stereo long enough to be sure music was going through; it sounds different. (I’m like all: Vapors, Waiting for the Weekend).

Looking forward to your thoughts. Please keep us posted.