AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Vivid Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Vivid Audio - GIYA G3 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=10634)

m.tonetti 10-30-2011 03:06 PM

Vivid Audio - GIYA G3

The G3 GIYA will be available in May 2012.

"Enclosing a volume of just over one quarter of that of the G1, the new Vivid Audio G3 is the answer to those seeking the purity of reproduction of the GIYA series in a package which is easily accommodated into the more typical home environment."

GIYA G3

http://www.vividaudio.ch/images/stor...ya/giya-g3.jpg

m.tonetti 11-10-2011 05:23 PM

From Tokyo Audio Show 2011

http://i41.tinypic.com/294mdj8.jpg

cmalak 11-10-2011 05:27 PM

Massimo...do you have any idea on pricing? Just curious...

m.tonetti 11-10-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmalak (Post 225506)

No! :no:

m.tonetti 11-10-2011 05:31 PM

Preliminary specification - October 2011

The complete specifications of the GIYA G3 will be available upon its final release.

Configuration: 4-way 5-driver system
Cabinet: Glass reinforced balsa cored sandwich composite
Finish: Multi component high gloss automotive
HF: D26 (patented) with Tapered Tube loading, catenary dome profile,
radially polarized super flux magnet structure & isolating compliant mount
MID: D50 (patented) with Tapered Tube loading, catenary dome profile,
radially polarized magnet structure & isolating compliant mount
MID-BASS: C125S with Tapered Tube loading, short-coil long-gap motor design,
50mm copper ribbon coil on highly vented former, highly aligned chassis, radially polarized
magnet structure & isolating compliant mount
LF: Tow C135 with short-coil long-gap motor design, 75mm copper ribbon coil (preliminary)
on highly vented former, highly aligned chassis, radial magnet structure & reaction cancelling
compliant mount
Bass loading: Exponentially tapered tube enhanced bass reflex
Sensitivity: 87dB @ 2.83Vrms and 1.0 meter on axis
Impedance (Ohm): 6 nominal, 4 minimum, low reactance
Frequency range - 6 dB points: 33 - 36,000 Hz
First D26 Break Up mode: 44,000 Hz
Frequency response (Hz): 36 – 33,000 +/- 2 dB on reference axis
Harmonic distortion: (2nd and 3rd) < 0.5% over frequency range
Crossover frequencies (Hz): 220, 880, 3500
Power handling (music program) watts rms: 800
Dimensions (H, W, D) mm: 1161, 341, 578
Net weight (kg): 41
Shipping dimensions (H, W, D) mm: (kg): 1514, 674, 1300
Shipping mass (kg): 65

m.tonetti 11-10-2011 05:35 PM

Vivid factory visit by 6 moons (May 2011)

Portugal 02-20-2012 05:46 PM

Very interesting factory tour. Thanks for sharing.

Has anyone auditioned VividAudio in general and particularly the V1.5 model? What's their reputation?

Pedro

cmalak 02-20-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugal (Post 271577)
Very interesting factory tour. Thanks for sharing.

Has anyone auditioned VividAudio in general and particularly the V1.5 model? What's their reputation?

Pedro

Pedro...they are generally very well reviewed. I know Bart here on AA has Vivids (I believe the G2s). The editor of Soundstage.com (Doug Schneider) thinks they are some of the best speakers out there. The V1.5s I believe were reviewed by either John Marks or John Atkinson at Stereophile as well very positively.

Here are some links:

Vivid Audio Giya G2 Loudspeakers

Vivid Audio B1 Loudspeakers

One Wrong, Two Rights, and the Best Sound at CES 2012

Vivid Audio B1 loudspeaker | Stereophile.com

Vivid Audio G1Giya loudspeaker | Stereophile.com

The Fifth Element #64 | Stereophile.com

Enjoy :D :thumbsup:

Portugal 02-20-2012 06:42 PM

Cyril, thank you very much for you prompt reply with plenty of information.

I have joined AA just recently and you have already helped me many times. It's precious collaboration for a starter audiophile like me.

Pedro

bart 02-20-2012 07:24 PM

Pedro, I'm the very happy owner of Vivid G2Giya's.
(And the center and rears V1w's are ordered!).
I discovered Vivid Audio for the first time in What Hifi magazine.
Vivid Audio V1.5 review from the experts at whathifi.com
In 2010, I visited the Brussels Hifi Show, and although there were ultra high end systems playing, the room that made the best impression on me was the one with Chapter Audio amp-CD and Vivid B1's. I knew then I had to investigate this brand a little further, because it sounded way better than the Burmester speakers I was going to buy. I also met Laurence Dickie there, and I sensed from his explanation that he really understands how a loudspeaker must be designed to sound as natural as possible.
And when I heard the Giya's (G1 and G2) a month later, I realised I had to have a good conversation with my bank... :D
I was lost!
The G2 is a quite sensitive speaker. It plays a lot louder pro Watt than my B&W XT4's I also have in the house.
The detail you hear is amazing, the soundstage is like in no other speaker I know of, and the Vivids make a perfect disappearing act (music totally loose form the cabinets). The sweet spot is half of my living room...
My wife and I are thrilled! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cmalak 02-20-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugal (Post 271605)
Cyril, thank you very much for you prompt reply with plenty of information.

I have joined AA just recently and you have already helped me many times. It's precious collaboration for a starter audiophile like me.

Pedro

Pedro...it's my pleasure. I found when I was putting together my system some 6-7 years ago that doing the research/auditioning equipment, etc...was great fun, so I am always happy to help out others starting out or continuing on this crazy journey :thumbsup: My best advice is work with good local dealers. Let them know that you are serious about putting together a system but that you are going to take your time to listen to as many different brands to learn about your listening tastes/preferences and what will work in your home. If they put in the time to work with you without high pressure tactics and give you good avice then they will be valuable resources in your audiophile journey.

Bart...I knew you would chime in with your thoughts :D :thumbsup:

Ritmo 02-20-2012 10:58 PM

Very nice Cyril! :thumbsup:

Mike

bart 02-21-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmalak (Post 271714)
Pedro...it's my pleasure. I found when I was putting together my system some 6-7 years ago that doing the research/auditioning equipment, etc...was great fun, so I am always happy to help out others starting out or continuing on this crazy journey :thumbsup: My best advice is work with good local dealers. Let them know that you are serious about putting together a system but that you are going to take your time to listen to as many different brands to learn about your listening tastes/preferences and what will work in your home. If they put in the time to work with you without high pressure tactics and give you good avice then they will be valuable resources in your audiophile journey.

Bart...I knew you would chime in with your thoughts :D :thumbsup:

Cyril, you put that perfectly! :thumbsup:

Portugal 02-21-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 271622)
Pedro, I'm the very happy owner of Vivid G2Giya's.
(And the center and rears V1w's are ordered!).
I discovered Vivid Audio for the first time in What Hifi magazine.
Vivid Audio V1.5 review from the experts at whathifi.com
In 2010, I visited the Brussels Hifi Show, and although there were ultra high end systems playing, the room that made the best impression on me was the one with Chapter Audio amp-CD and Vivid B1's. I knew then I had to investigate this brand a little further, because it sounded way better than the Burmester speakers I was going to buy. I also met Laurence Dickie there, and I sensed from his explanation that he really understands how a loudspeaker must be designed to sound as natural as possible.
And when I heard the Giya's (G1 and G2) a month later, I realised I had to have a good conversation with my bank... :D
I was lost!
The G2 is a quite sensitive speaker. It plays a lot louder pro Watt than my B&W XT4's I also have in the house.
The detail you hear is amazing, the soundstage is like in no other speaker I know of, and the Vivids make a perfect disappearing act (music totally loose form the cabinets). The sweet spot is half of my living room...
My wife and I are thrilled! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bart, thank you for sharing your experience with Vivid.

Today I went to audition the V1.5 and liked a lot. Clear and detailed but engaging and exciting (i.e. not dry analytical). Also noticed that they are not picky about placement (I walked around the room and the sound was great even at the corners).

They also seem robust, with high build and finish quality.

Pedro

howiebrou 02-21-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmalak (Post 225506)

Overe here the G1 is selling for 48k, the G2 for 35K. I am guessing 25k for the G3?

howie

bart 02-22-2012 04:00 AM

Merken - Terrason Audio

Prices in € in the Netherlands and Belgium.

mgalusha 02-23-2012 07:19 PM

Hi all, I'm new here but a friend of mine is a Vivid dealer and I was fortunate enough to attend the first non show presentation of the new G3 a couple of weeks ago at his place with Philip O'Hanlon running the show.

This is, IMO, a superb speaker and to me, the most attractive of the line. One could easily run out of words to describe the sound but in brief I found it cohesive, open, dynamic and with truly amazing bass. They were being driven by the Luxman M-600A, 30W of lovely class A power. I believe the price is $40K U.S.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Mike

mgalusha 02-26-2012 04:26 PM

A few more words on the G3, I spent another 4 hours with these yesterday and I am still in love (lust?). A really superb speaker, even with a low powered amplifier. We were using the Luxman SQ-38u tube integrated with these and while bass was not quite as well controlled as with an SS amp it was still very good and the overall result was excellent.

mike

watchdog 04-28-2013 11:37 AM

I heard this at the local dealer's showroom paired with the Technical Brain amplification. This is an incredibly high resolution speaker which avoids the over analytical presentation of some of its competitors. Together with a recent demo of the Raidho D1, this is probably one of the best combinations I've heard in a long time.

Gramophone 04-28-2013 10:59 PM

Vivid Audio Giya G3 in Canada

Hello to all AA members - just a short note to alert members to an upcoming event at The Gramophone in Edmonton AB. We are having the Canadian premier of the Vivid Audio G3 along with the fantastic presenter, Philip O'Hanlon visiting from Los Angeles. We will be showing the G3 with the new Luxman Turntable, the new Luxman DSD DAC along with a couple of different Luxman amplifiers. We have many other brands which will play very nicely with the Vivid - the McIntosh stable of amplifiers, the Devialet from Paris, lots of Analog product from Rega, Avid and of course the incredible Audiodesk Systeme vinyl cleaner from Germany. The show runs all day Saturday May 4 and we invite anyone within driving or flying distance to stop in for wine and cheese and great music and conversation.
Hope to see some of you there!
Bryan
The Gramophone Inc
Edmonton

Portugal 05-12-2013 01:24 PM

Listening to my G3 right now. They sound... amazing!!

I doubt I would get better sound in a live concert. :drums:

bart 06-14-2013 05:21 PM

Pedro, how are your G3's doing?
Further breaking in nicely?

raidho 06-15-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.tonetti (Post 221938)

"Enclosing a volume of just over one quarter of that of the G1, the new Vivid Audio G3 is the answer to those seeking the purity of reproduction of the GIYA series in a package which is easily accommodated into the more typical home environment."

GIYA G3

Hallo Massimo,
I'm in Switzerland very near Italy.
I use B&W802di but I go listen a system with the G2 & BMC gears.
vivid is a good investiment for you? You hava Focal Utopia Diabo? if yes the G3 is well a improvement fro the focal in the system? (at today I have Passlab pre&ampli)
never listen GrandiNote? is a great product....maybe not looks winner but sound very amazing.
can you please give me a reply? thx Style

raidho 06-15-2013 05:58 AM

info

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.tonetti (Post 221938)

GIYA G3

Hallo Massimo,
I'm in Switzerland very near Italy.
I use B&W802di but I go listen a system with the G2 & BMC gears.
vivid is a good investiment for you? You hava Focal Utopia Diabo? if yes the G3 is well a improvement fro the focal in the system? (at today I have Passlab pre&ampli)
never listen GrandiNote? is a great product....maybe not looks winner but sound very amazing.
can you please give me a reply? thx Style

Portugal 06-15-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 502318)
Pedro, how are your G3's doing?
Further breaking in nicely?

All I can say is that I am VERY happy with them. Don't even care if other speakers would deliver better sound. This is what I want and like.

bart 06-16-2013 05:42 AM

:thumbsup:
Happy for you Pedro!

Briz Vegaas 06-22-2013 08:03 PM

I chose the B1 over the 802Di. Of course I could not A B them in the same system so I can't tell you the subtle differences for certain. I just preferred the clean seemingly less coloured sound from the B1 based on listening to different systems in different stores.

bart 06-23-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briz Vegaas (Post 505086)
I chose the B1 over the 802Di. Of course I could not A B them in the same system so I can't tell you the subtle differences for certain. I just preferred the clean seemingly less coloured sound from the B1 based on listening to different systems in different stores.

I did compare them in the same system with the same tracks, just changing cables was needed.
I was astonished, and the dealer was too.
He's more a B&W guy (he also sells a lot of Wilson and Focal), but he admitted the B1 was in a totally different league here: the music was in the room instead of coming out of the speakers, and the sound was much more life like. Even on mono tracks the B1 was an obvious winner and what was remarkable: the bass of the B1's was cleaner, and more defined.

Tompy 06-23-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 505221)

I did compare them in the same system with the same tracks, just changing cables was needed.
I was astonished, and the dealer was too.
He's more a B&W guy (he also sells a lot of Wilson and Focal), but he admitted the B1 was in a totally different league here: the music was in the room instead of coming out of the speakers, and the sound was much more life like. Even on mono tracks the B1 was an obvious winner and what was remarkable: the bass of the B1's was cleaner, and more defined.

I chose the G2 over the BW 802 Di which I thought was an obvious choice (sound wise). I have never heard the B1 but I never imagined it would outperform the 802Di as well, even in bass. I don't doubt Bart's experience so my respect for Vivid has increased even further!

Briz Vegaas 06-24-2013 08:07 AM

The B1 and 802di are at about the same price point. The G2 would have to be double the price of the 802.

Why would the B1 struggle, it's the more purist technology and design. I'm sure Mr Dickie could tell you at length why the 802di might not compete side by side. In regard to bass, physics is an important factor, but not the only one. Besides which, my 300 watt into 4 ohm amp was not really enough for my 804s, it was not going to get the best from 802di which are more demanding.

Of course everyone is after different things from a speaker. I have enjoyed the 802 in some setups (on Electrcompaniet Nemo mono blocks with over 700watts into a 4ohm load), but on occasions it has not impressed, and on one occasion it struggled to impress over 804s. Lots of factors at play there I suspect.