AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PS Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Power Plant Premier (Noise floor and dynamics) (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=471)

Radio Shack 04-23-2009 05:25 PM

Power Plant Premier (Noise floor and dynamics)

I had read some really great stuff on the PPP, but I was very afraid. I had always stayed away from this type of stuff. I have to admit I thought it would add noise and limit the dynamics. I have now had a PPP for over a year and I find it funny that all the stuff I was afraid of , is exactly what it makes much better. It does an amazing job of lowering the noise floor. All you need to do is take a couple hours and hear your system with and without it. The noise floor is lower with it. I listen to music pretty loud and it makes a big differance. I have too much gear and a really large amp, so I don't plug my amp into it. The other day I was screwing around after reading some stuff and I unpluged all the low voltage stuff from the PPP and instead I plugged in my amp. "OH SH_T" It sounded better this way. I laughed for an hour because I have had it for a year and had not tried this. Now I am just like some others on this site and I need another one. It kind of sucks, but this is a must have product for a referance system.

jdandy 04-23-2009 05:36 PM

Radio Shack.......I couldn't agree with you more. Earlier today I placed my order for a second Power Plant Premier, and a Wireworld Silver Electra power cord for it. Right now I am powering my entire system from a single PPP, and it is as sweet as I have ever heard it, but I want my amps on their own PPP from a seperate dedicated outlet, so I bit the bullet today, and wrote another check. The second Power Plant Premier should be here sometime next week, I hope.

I suggest you go ahead and plug your preamp and sources into the PPP with the amp. I think you will be surprised. Unless you are totally insane with the volume control you will be fine.

By the way, welcome to Audio Aficionado.

two dot 04-23-2009 11:31 PM

Do I REALLY need one of these thingies???

It is starting to sound like I do...

Danmit...

jdandy 04-23-2009 11:37 PM

Stephen.......I thought you were in the downsizing mode? But since you asked, yes indeed. The Power Plant Premier is serious, not a tweak, but a wonderful addition for high-end systems. The ultra clean power, and stable voltage regulation provides an audible improvement.

jetblack 04-24-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio Shack (Post 7546)
The noise floor is lower with it. I listen to music pretty loud and it makes a big differance.

That's the key to the PPP. No reason to be afraid of the 'thingie'. :D

jdandy 04-24-2009 04:48 PM

Pretty soon I'll have two "thingies". When you get three or more "thingies" all bets are off. :D

Masterlu 04-24-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 7879)
Pretty soon I'll have two "thingies". When you get three or more "thingies" all bets are off. :D

I'm putting in a bunch of "thingies" this weekend. What goes around, comes around... :confused-37:

jdandy 04-24-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 7940)
I'm putting in a bunch of "thingies" this weekend. What goes around, comes around... :confused-37:

This should be an interesting experiment. Looking forward to hearing about the results.

Masterlu 04-25-2009 10:01 AM

Loading up on caffeine, to get motivated... :zoom:

jdandy 04-25-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 8121)
Loading up on caffeine, to get motivated... :zoom:

How many PPP's are going in. If I remember right, I think you said #2 through #10. That would be nine PPP's. I don't know where you are going to be able to squeeze them in.