AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Esoteric Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   K1X first impression (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47560)

TOGA 02-07-2020 10:58 AM

K1X first impression

2 Attachment(s)
My last upper end digital player was Accuphase DP900+DC901. It was very detailed. But later I somehow felt AYON CD35 Signature was much more musical while clearly leas detailed sound. Then I wanted to try Luxman, then I got D08u which I was very happy. The Luxman sounded very good, not as lush as Ayon, but with the best user experience. Smooth drawer, full function remote control.
Now Esoteric K1X .. wow... it is many steps ahead.
Midrange to die for. Everything sounds real. More real.
I am sure Ayon is still lusher due to tubes. But Esoteric sounds more real. A bit disappointed that MQA decoding
Is not ready yet.

Pity that The power cord that served my digital source very well, Nordost Valhalla 2, has just been sent for repair, then the K1X came. I am using spare power cord with it now, Transparent PowerLink MM, but still sounded
As good as I described. I am sure once the Valhalla come back K1X will be even more detailed.Attachment 61382Attachment 61383

Toga

SCAudiophile 02-07-2020 12:34 PM

Thank you TOGA..glad to hear you received your K1X and love it! Will you evetually add the power supply?

TOGA 02-07-2020 12:41 PM

Thanks, I like it even though it is not running with my favorite power cord, and it has only
3 hours of play.

Of course I will add PS1 one day, but I would like to use internal power supply that costs me
Money for a year before it is wasted by PS1. Clock ? Hmmm this is costly extra. I can live with Accuphase, Ayon, Luxman without way to add ext. clock. So I should with K1 without
Clock too.

Toga

Masterlu 02-07-2020 02:55 PM

Congrats Toga... you will gain more than you think by swapping the stock feet on your K1X to Ultra SS feet. Even using your Critical Mass Stand.

Bigdenis 02-07-2020 03:22 PM

Great toga, very happy for you.:thumbsup:

On my side I don't know yet if I'm going to replace my K1 by a K1X, the extra cost being really important, to win what, I don't know yet.:headscrt:

Bigdenis 02-07-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 994692)
Congrats Toga... you will gain more than you think by swapping the stock feet on your K1X to Ultra SS feet. Even using your Critical Mass Stand.

I'll have to think about it for my K1.:scratch2:

Do you think it's a real plus even on a dedicated rack? ( Finite Elemente master reference for me )
Still to be found at a low price...

Masterlu 02-07-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdenis (Post 994695)
I'll have to think about it for my K1.:scratch2:

Do you think it's a real plus even on a dedicated rack? ( Finite Elemente master reference for me )
Still to be found at a low price...

Huge difference using the Ultra SS feet. I replaced every single stock foot on all my Esoteric Grandioso gear, even though most are on HRS Racks/shelves.

TOGA 02-07-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 994692)

Thanks Ivan, I remembered this, you have recommended
This to me once.

However, I might try Critical Mass Center Stage 2 0.8
As. I can source it more easily here.

2fastdriving 02-07-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOGA (Post 994689)
Thanks, I like it even though it is not running with my favorite power cord, and it has only
3 hours of play.

Of course I will add PS1 one day, but I would like to use internal power supply that costs me
Money for a year before it is wasted by PS1. Clock ? Hmmm this is costly extra. I can live with Accuphase, Ayon, Luxman without way to add ext. clock. So I should with K1 without
Clock too.

Toga

Don't underestimate the difference a clock can make. All of the esoteric external clocks outperform their internal clocks, as far as I know. I can tell you that it makes a nice difference on my system, which I couldn't hear very much at first but when I added some room treatments, I was able to reduce "smearing" to the point where turning the clock on and off is definitely noticeable.

TOGA 02-07-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdenis (Post 994694)
Great toga, very happy for you.:thumbsup:

On my side I don't know yet if I'm going to replace my K1 by a K1X, the extra cost being really important, to win what, I don't know yet.:headscrt:

You can be very happy with K1, trust me, I had K1 in
My system for a week before. It is still a very good
Player.
K1X ? I think it as a more elegant sound and may be
More liquid, juicy midrange.
By the way do you know there is upgrade kit for K1
to accept PS1 ext. power supply.

Toga