AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Clearaudio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Double matrix cleaner unbox (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=21428)

ct005 06-01-2013 03:43 PM

Double matrix cleaner unbox

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 27267

Attachment 27268

New toy for the weekend.

Masterlu 06-01-2013 06:28 PM

Sweet! I love mine. :thumbsup:

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attac...ge-4015955.jpg

ct005 06-02-2013 09:35 PM

How often do you need to collect the used fluid? What exactly the long tube with the plug do?

DonBattles 06-02-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct005 (Post 498249)
How often do you need to collect the used fluid? What exactly the long tube with the plug do?

You remove dirty fluid when the tanks full, average every 30 LP's cleaned. And that's what the tube is for, its a drain tube.

Masterlu 06-02-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct005 (Post 498249)

Mine doesn't see a lot of use, but I change the fluid twice a year. The long tube is for draining the old fluid.

dylanmaegan 06-03-2013 08:36 PM

Simply one of the best in the market today!

AM123 07-07-2013 11:31 PM

I am auditioning a smart matrix pro right now. Anyone compared the two? I was under the impression that the underside cleaning on the double version dripped and did not clean properly and then you had to flip, which in the end ended up one side not being cleaned properly.

My other question, has anyone able to actually clean a record and COMPLETELY remove snaps and pops. I have cleaned 3 records and am unsure if there is a difference.

Previously I had tried the spin clean and that had amplified each and ever single pop and crackle on the record that I had to return it.

Can anyone post any tips as I am thinking I may return this thing although I really want it to work.

jdandy 07-07-2013 11:57 PM

AM123.......Cleaning a vinyl record cannot remove or repair any damage or pressing imperfections. It could be that what you are hearing is damaged vinyl not dirty vinyl. Even brand new albums need to be cleaned before playing to remove mold release residue. A good cleaning will also reduce the background noise levels of new and used albums. I wouldn't be so quick to give up on the Clearaudio Matrix Pro. It is a fine record cleaner.

Masterlu 07-08-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AM123 (Post 510229)
I am auditioning a smart matrix pro right now. Anyone compared the two? I was under the impression that the underside cleaning on the double version dripped and did not clean properly and then you had to flip, which in the end ended up one side not being cleaned properly.

My other question, has anyone able to actually clean a record and COMPLETELY remove snaps and pops. I have cleaned 3 records and am unsure if there is a difference.

Previously I had tried the spin clean and that had amplified each and ever single pop and crackle on the record that I had to return it.

Can anyone post any tips as I am thinking I may return this thing although I really want it to work.

The Double Matrix will clean both sides equally well, also there is no dripping.

A proper cleaning on this machine will remove about 90-100% of snaps and pops that are not pressing in the vinyl.

MyPal 07-08-2013 03:16 AM

For me, it was a matter of calling CA Double Matrix Vs Audio Desk Systeme Glasse.

As conventionally well built the CA Double Matrix is, 3 factors swayed me to buy the Audio Desk instead:

1. Simplicity of use. 100% hands free automatic wash & dry. I don't think I could maintain my patience for vinyl if it wasn't for the hands free system due to my meticulous nature. I can insert a record, hit the start button, leave the room & be confident when I return after listening to another album, the job is done! I can repeat this regiment all day long.
2. Cleaning concentrate is bio agent not alcohol based. This is an issue if consumables need to be ordered from overseas. Also, alcohol or ethanol based cleaning solutions may not be as sympathetic to vinyl after repetitive long term cleaning.
3. Ultrasonic agitation is a component of the wash cycle. No other machine out there does this. New records will sound better! You can drop your jewellery in the AudioDesk & it will clean them too!

The sympathetic cleaning process allows me to thoroughly wash release mould off new records & then wash after each play.

I have approx 600 cycles on the Audio Desk in the past 12 months. Prior to that, it did fault at around 200 cycles (roller retraction spring breakage). It was returned to Germany & retrofitted with "stronger parts", zero problems since.

The Clearaudio Double Matrix is reputed to be a reliable product. The Audio Desk Systeme was dogged with early production reliability issues. Will the Audio Desk outlast a Clear Audio Double Matrix? :dunno: