AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Tell me about stillpoints, please. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47515)

Mouse 01-31-2020 01:09 AM

Tell me about stillpoints, please.

I had an isolation demo at a dealer, I'm impressed. Sort Kones are far too tall and ridiculous looking. I feel like my kid would touch it and the amp would tip over and fall to the floor. They did work though. The other version for under a tube amp was more like a set of pucks.

Do Stillpoints replace the feet of my Mc integrated or amps? Or is it a set of pucks that the Mc sits on top of?

jdandy 01-31-2020 01:31 AM

Mouse.......The Stillpoints isolation footers can be used to place gear directly on, or they can be installed with special threaded adapters (sold separately) that allows Stillpoints to replace factory feet.

I have two McIntosh MC75 mono tube power amps that each sit on four Stillpoints Ultra Mini's. I also have two McIntosh MC2301 tube power amps that each have four Stillpoints Ultra SS footers with thread adapters installed that replaced the factory feet. In both installations the Stillpoints function well.

miner 01-31-2020 10:35 AM

I can also recommend the Ultra Minis under tube amps. I also use them under my CDP and SACD players.

ATC2 12-09-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 994030)
Mouse.......The Stillpoints isolation footers can be used to place gear directly on, or they can be installed with special threaded adapters (sold separately) that allows Stillpoints to replace factory feet.

I have two McIntosh MC75 mono tube power amps that each sit on four Stillpoints Ultra Mini's. I also have two McIntosh MC2301 tube power amps that each have four Stillpoints Ultra SS footers with thread adapters installed that replaced the factory feet. In both installations the Stillpoints function well.

Jdandy why Ultra minis for one and Ultra SS for the other ?
I came across this post while researching and learning about isolation in order start making mods that I think are necessary and long overdue in my system. Stillpoints are on my list of good options and I was curious of your choices. I’m assuming it was because of the components weight but I know there can other reasons also. Any recommendations are welcomed.
Thanks

RC.

Masterlu 12-09-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATC2 (Post 1024634)
Jdandy why Ultra minis for one and Ultra SS for the other ?
I came across this post while researching and learning about isolation in order start making mods that I think are necessary and long overdue in my system. Stillpoints are on my list of good options and I was curious of your choices. I’m assuming it was because of the components weight but I know there can other reasons also. Any recommendations are welcomed.
Thanks

RC.

RC... jdandy aka Dan passed away earlier this year. :sigh:

I will answer your question; it does depend on the weight of the unit.

JDCheek 12-09-2020 05:55 PM

So what stillpoints would be used under a single MC-275? And will threads work?

ATC2 12-09-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1024635)
RC... jdandy aka Dan passed away earlier this year. :sigh:

I will answer your question; it does depend on the weight of the unit.

My condolences...
Thank you Ivan.

Masterlu 12-09-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDCheek (Post 1024637)
So what stillpoints would be used under a single MC-275? And will threads work?

Ultra SS and I have the proper threaded adapters in stock. Tubes respond incredibly well to isolation via Stillpoints. :yes:

McMan 12-12-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 1024655)
Ultra SS and I have the proper threaded adapters in stock. Tubes respond incredibly well to isolation via Stillpoints. :yes:

Hi Ivan, could you pm me a quote for the ultra ss with the threaded adapters? I have been considering this for some time and wondering the cost of the upgrade.

Masterlu 12-12-2020 12:53 PM

PM coming