AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Clearaudio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Clearaudio/Musical Surroundings Delivery Time? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42143)

ChrisAZ 02-09-2018 01:36 PM

Clearaudio/Musical Surroundings Delivery Time?

I ordered a Clearaudio Ovation with a Universal arm three weeks ago. It’s not been received by the retailer yet, much less shipped to me. I understand that most retailers would not keep such a setup in stock, but is it your experience that ordering this level of component takes this long? My retailer has been very apologetic and has been following up - they even gave me a $50 gift certificate for the inconvenience (which of course went to vinyl), so no blame there. I realize I may be impatient here - just want to get listening to the new toy.

audio bill 02-09-2018 04:11 PM

It usually depends upon whether the exact model/configuration you ordered is on hand at the distributor. If it is then the dealer can generally get it in a week or so, but if the distributor is out of stock and has to wait on additional inventory it can take some time. Sounds like your dealer is on top of it and keeping you in the loop, nice of them to give you the gift certificate as a good faith gesture. I know that most audiophiles are not very patient having to wait for their latest acquisition, but in the long run getting exactly what you want is the most important thing and I'm sure the enjoyment you'll get from the new table and arm will be well worth it!

ChrisAZ 02-09-2018 06:52 PM

Impatience is my middle name. ; )

docmd2010 02-10-2018 04:21 PM

My clearaudio table took 7 weeks...

ChrisAZ 02-15-2018 12:00 AM

After five long weeks, the TT arrives Monday! Yay!

mulveling 02-15-2018 12:57 AM

Awesome! Enjoy your gorgeous new deck. I also seem to remember 5-7 weeks for my first Innovation 5 years ago, but I think the last 2-3 weeks of that were waiting for the Graham arm.

EfeTe 02-15-2018 07:08 AM

Congratulations! Surely worth the wait.

First impressions? Impatient is my middle name also ;)

ChrisAZ 02-19-2018 08:59 PM

It has arrived! I'm letting the Clearaudio Ovation TT and Universal tonearm warm up before I assemble them (it's 5 degrees F out) but I've got to say that the Universal is a thing of beauty - hand made, well engineered, infinitely adjustable (VTA, VTF, dial - in antiskate (no golf ball, no fishing line), azimuth, 4 different counterweights), jewelry like finish. No offense, and of course IMHO, but it makes my VPI 3D carbon look amateurish. I will post photos and impressions once it's all put together.

docmd2010 02-19-2018 09:48 PM

Clearaudio/Musical Surroundings Delivery Time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisAZ (Post 900779)
It has arrived! I'm letting the Clearaudio Ovation TT and Universal tonearm warm up before I assemble them (it's 5 degrees F out) but I've got to say that the Universal is a thing of beauty - hand made, well engineered, infinitely adjustable (VTA, VTF, dial - in antiskate (no golf ball, no fishing line), azimuth, 4 different counterweights), jewelry like finish. No offense, and of course IMHO, but it makes my VPI 3D carbon look amateurish. I will post photos and impressions once it's all put together.

Completely agree. I think that the European style and quality of construction of turntables sets a high bar!

Congrats on your new table!