AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Aurender A10 music server has internal MQA DAC (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39953)

Karl Maga 07-17-2017 01:29 AM

Aurender A10 music server has internal MQA DAC

If anyone has heard the A10, especially MQA via the A10, please, do tell!

jdandy 07-17-2017 01:50 AM

Aurender A10

https://www.gcaudio.com/images/uploa...ront_black.jpg

http://positive-feedback.com/audio-d...-aurender-a10/

jdandy 08-10-2017 09:11 PM

Karl.......Hopefully some members will chime in. The Aurender A10 is a super music server. Its dual AK4490 DAC (x 2) along with 4TB of internal hard drive storage and a 120GB solid-state drive cache for playback, plus the option of using the A10 as a digital preamplifier makes this server a formidable and feature packed source component. It is a beauty to look at, too. When the volume control is turned the front panel AMOLED display turns into a very cool meter that shows the volume level. You'll see it in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jIOZR-nktA

http://www.aurender.com/website/imag..._598dd9f/datas

The Aurender also pack four individual toroidal power transformers for Server / Digital / Dual DAC's. There is a fully isolated asynchronous USB audio block to protect from noise. And of course there is the seasoned and mature Aurender Conductor app for seamless control of all content, server functions, and Tidal streaming including Tidal Masters in fully unpacked MQA. The Aurender A10 is a certified Full Decoder MQA DAC. $5600.00 retail delivers a tremendous purpose built Music Stream/DAC/Preamplifier. In my opinion, the Aurender A10 deserves serious consideration by anyone looking at purchasing a new music server for their sound system. In fact, all of the Aurender line of music servers deserve your close inspection. These are fabulous audio components.

http://www.aurender.com/website/imag..._d2124ed/datas

jdandy 08-11-2017 01:42 PM

With the Aurender A10 MQA certified, it will be interesting to see if Aurender brings to market any other Full Decoder MQA DAC's. I am not an MQA advocate or detractor and find myself satisfied with the first level unfold that is presently available via streaming Tidal Masters in my N10. Still, I imagine Aurender is busy developing future audio components that will support MQA. We shall see which way the wind blows.

jdandy 08-11-2017 07:11 PM

Here is a screen grab from the YouTube video linked above that shows the Aurender A10 front panel display when the volume knob is turned. The AMOLED screen switches to a meter and the meter's needle rises or falls as you adjust the volume along with the numeric decibel level shown. Nice multi-use of the attractive front panel display.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4436/...34840d4e_c.jpg

Karl Maga 08-11-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 861151)
With the Aurender A10 MQA certified, it will be interesting to see if Aurender brings to market any other Full Decoder MQA DAC's. I am not an MQA advocate or detractor and find myself satisfied with the first level unfold that is presently available via streaming Tidal Masters in my N10. Still, I imagine Aurender is busy developing future audio components that will support MQA. We shall see which way the wind blows.

Dan, I've heard first hand opinions from a couple of trusted advisors that set my expectation bias to positive for MQA. However, I have yet to hear even a first level unfolding, so I can only imagine. However, with the differences I hear between the DAC in my Marantz 8802a vs my Bel Canto 2.7, I believe that not all digital sounds the same. MQA is my only interest in the A10 because my current DAC and Streamer are otherwise delightful. I should find a dealer where I can hear MQA. Seems like a good excuse for a field trip!

And I do like the OLED display.

audio bill 08-11-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 861151)

Dan - Very interesting to hear from you that the Aurender N10 provides the first level unfold for MQA (also called MQA Core) since it's not even mentioned on its product page. Thanks for sharing that info! :music:

jdandy 08-11-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 861217)
Dan - Very interesting to hear from you that the Aurender N10 provides the first level unfold for MQA (also called MQA Core) since it's not even mentioned on its product page. Thanks for sharing that info! :music:

Bill.......As I understand it, the first level unfold of MQA files happen in software that is part of what Tidal provides when you play Tidal Master files. My Esoteric K-01X display, depending on the file, displays 16Bit/48kHz when playing Tidal Masters. Listening to Meg Mac -Low Blows and the Esoteric DAC displays 48KHz. Some Tidal Master files play at 44.1 KHz, but many play at 48 KHz. That tells me there is the first unfolding taking place. The music sounds good. No issues with this level of MQA and no more.

audio bill 08-11-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 861224)
Bill.......As I understand it, the first level unfold of MQA files happen in software that is part of what Tidal provides when you play Tidal Master files. My Aurender N10 display, depending on the file, displays 16Bit/48kHz when playing Tidal Masters.

Interesting, according to the detailed MQA article from CA software/Core MQA decoding should unfold/unpack the music to a maximum of twice the base sample rate, 88.2 or 96kHz at 24 bits via either analog or digital output. So I'm not sure why you'd be only seeing 16bit/48kHz. :scratch2: Maybe that's a question you could pose to your support contact at Aurender if you're curious, as they're may be a setting to provide you with full MQA Core decoding at a higher resolution than you're currently getting.

jdandy 08-11-2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Maga (Post 861211)
Dan, I've heard first hand opinions from a couple of trusted advisors that set my expectation bias to positive for MQA. However, I have yet to hear even a first level unfolding, so I can only imagine. However, with the differences I hear between the DAC in my Marantz 8802a vs my Bel Canto 2.7, I believe that not all digital sounds the same. MQA is my only interest in the A10 because my current DAC and Streamer are otherwise delightful. I should find a dealer where I can hear MQA. Seems like a good excuse for a field trip!

And I do like the OLED display.

Karl.......Yes, I agree with you, a field trip to a dealer who can provide you with an MQA listening experience would likely satisfy your curiosity. It has been my experience that the first unfold of MQA files sound atleast as good as a well mastered 16/44.1 file. It may be worth some phone calls to locate a dealer who can accommodate your interest in MQA.

PlanarSpeakerFan 08-11-2017 11:47 PM

Hi Dan,

I will be taking delivery on my Berkeley Reference DAC2 in one week. My unit has been set up for MQA rendering by Berkeley. I was planning to purchase the Aurender N10 in short order but now I have to wait to see if the N10 will do core MQA unfolding like the Lumin U1. Very frustrating. I want the N10 in the worst way but I'll have to go with the U1 if Aurender can't deliver on N10 core MQA unfolding. In the meantime, I could use my Mac Mini with Audirvana, which provides MQA core unfolding but then I'll first need to purchase the Berkeley Alpha USB device. An expensive add on.

Best,
Ken

imprezap2 08-12-2017 04:17 AM

N10 will deliver MQA to your DAC, but your DAC needs to be able to handle MQA, there is a list on the MQA website with MQA capable hardware.
(A10 has an internal DAC)

audio bill 08-12-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan (Post 861252)
Hi Dan,

I will be taking delivery on my Berkeley Reference DAC2 in one week. My unit has been set up for MQA rendering by Berkeley. I was planning to purchase the Aurender N10 in short order but now I have to wait to see if the N10 will do core MQA unfolding like the Lumin U1. Very frustrating. I want the N10 in the worst way but I'll have to go with the U1 if Aurender can't deliver on N10 core MQA unfolding. In the meantime, I could use my Mac Mini with Audirvana, which provides MQA core unfolding but then I'll first need to purchase the Berkeley Alpha USB device. An expensive add on.

Best,
Ken

Hi Ken - Congrats on getting the latest MQA rendering Berkeley! Please keep us informed what you find regarding the Aurender N10's support of MQA Core decoding. I've also seen confirmation that the Lumin U1 will be adding MQA Core decoding very soon via a firmware update.

imprezap2 08-12-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 861283)
Hi Ken - Congrats on getting the latest MQA rendering Berkeley! Please keep us informed what you find regarding the Aurender N10's support of MQA Core decoding. I've also seen confirmation that the Lumin U1 will be adding MQA Core decoding very soon via a firmware update.

The Lumin's have a (suitable)DAC incorporated into the streamer, so easier for them to fully incorporate MQA

justubes 08-12-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Hi Dan,

Best,
Ken

Doesnt the Berkeley do the full MQA from any bit perfect source. So as any streamer will work for the full MQA experience.

I did email them but did not get a reply.

jdandy 08-12-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Hi Dan,

Best,
Ken

Ken.......Congratulations of purchasing the exceptional Berkeley Reference 2 DAC with the MQA option. You will have no problem with the Aurender N10 passing the MQA data to Your DAC. Member j3brow (Jason) had this to say in another thread about his N10, "The N10 handles MQA perfectly as is. It needs the DAC to finish the stew. The N10 passes MQA perfectly to my Meridian 808 DAC, I streamed a 352kHz file this evening via the N10."

audio bill 08-12-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imprezap2 (Post 861301)
The Lumin's have a (suitable)DAC incorporated into the streamer, so easier for them to fully incorporate MQA

The Lumin U1 I referred to is a server only with digital outputs, not like some of their other models which have an onboard DAC to function as a complete player.

audio bill 08-12-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justubes (Post 861310)
Doesnt the Berkeley do the full MQA from any bit perfect source. So as any streamer will work for the full MQA experience.

I did email them but did not get a reply.

No, Berkeley ended up just implementing MQA rendering in their newly updated Reference DAC. So it requires a server which performs MQA Core decoding (the first unfold) to then render fully decoded MQA.

audio bill 08-12-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 861314)
Ken.......Congratulations of purchasing the exception Berkeley Reference 2 DAC with the MQA option. You will have no problem with the Aurender N10 passing the MQA data to Your DAC. Member j3brow (Jason) had this to say in another thread about his N10, "The N10 handles MQA perfectly as is. It needs the DAC to finish the stew. The N10 passes MQA perfectly to my Meridian 808 DAC, I streamed a 352kHz file this evening via the N10."

The Meridian 808 does full MQA decoding on its own, so it doesn't require any MQA Core decoding of the signal it receives. The newly updated Berkeley is only an MQA renderer so it would require a server which performs MQA Core decoding to provide fully decoded MQA.

jdandy 08-12-2017 02:31 PM

Bill.......Thanks for the information on MQA decoding. I am no MQA expert, only someone who is marginally interested in MQA. I am certain those with interest in MQA appreciate your input.

Earlier in post #8 I said while playing Tidal Master files my Esoteric K-01X displays 16Bit/48kHz when playing Tidal Masters. That was incorrect. According to my Conductor App the Tidal Master files are playing at 24Bit/48KHz, and my K-01X displays shows 48KHz during Tidal Master playback. I played the CD version from Tidal of Fleet Fox - Crack-Up and the Conductor App shows 16Bit/44.1KHz, and the K-01X shows 44.1KHz. The same Tidal recording of the Master files shows 24Bit/48KHz as does the K-01X. This indicates to me that the first level of MQA unfolding is happening either in the Tidal software or the Aurender N10 processing. Again, I'm no expert, just reporting on what is happening with my Aurender N10 music server.

imprezap2 08-12-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 861330)
The Lumin U1 I referred to is a server only with digital outputs, not like some of their other models which have an onboard DAC to function as a complete player.

Your are correct, had the other lumin's in my mind

audio bill 08-12-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 861338)
Bill.......Thanks for the information on MQA decoding. I am no MQA expert, only someone who is marginally interested in MQA. I am certain those with interest in MQA appreciate your input.

Earlier in post #8 I said while playing Tidal Master files my Esoteric K-01X displays 16Bit/48kHz when playing Tidal Masters. That was incorrect. According to my Conductor App the Tidal Master files are playing at 24Bit/48KHz, and my K-01X displays shows 48KHz during Tidal Master playback. I played the CD version from Tidal of Fleet Fox - Crack-Up and the Conductor App shows 16Bit/44.1KHz, and the K-01X shows 44.1KHz. The same Tidal recording of the Master files shows 24Bit/48KHz as does the K-01X. This indicates to me that the first level of MQA unfolding is happening either in the Tidal software or the Aurender N10 processing. Again, I'm no expert, just reporting on what is happening with my Aurender N10 music server.

Dan - In no way am I questioning your first hand experience with the N10. From what I've read Roon is working on adding MQA Core decoding but in the meantime they are similarly limited to 48kHz playback of MQA files as you're seeing with your Aurender N10. I also saw an Aurender dealer stating that Aurender is considering adding MQA Core decoding to the N10 but they are in the feasibility phase. The Lumin U1 will have it soon and other Lumin players now have full MQA decoding or can provide MQA Core decoding and output via coaxial digital output to an external MQA rendering DAC for full MQA decoding. Hope this helps to clarify MQA decoding status a bit but it certainly isn't very straightforward! The article in Computer Audiophile which I previously linked to is the most detailed explanation of MQA I've found.

PlanarSpeakerFan 08-12-2017 09:43 PM

Hi Bill,

Seems like you and I are in a similar place with MQA. I have an incoming Berkeley Reference 2 DAC with MQA rendering. I love the Aurender N10 but with no commitment as of yet to do core MQA unfolding like the Lumin U1 is promising, I'm extremely hesitant to pull the trigger on the N10 right now. As Dan has stated (thank you Dan!), the N10 is apparently delivering the first level of MQA through Tidal. But if you're in my shoes, you want the whole enchilada! (192/24 I believe).

Best,
Ken

audio bill 08-12-2017 10:16 PM

Hi Ken,

You might be surprised to know that some Lumin users with the latest firmware on their complete players which do full MQA decoding are currently able to achieve 352kHz/24bit resolution on some MQA files as shown in the image below. If you use a server which performs MQA Core decoding along with your updated Berkeley MQA DAC performing rendering you should be able to achieve that as well when playing back the highest resolution MQA files. :thumbsup: Congrats on the Berkeley, it was an already superb piece of gear which should be significantly better with the latest MQA upgrade!

Good listening!
- Bill

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017...a7aded7c66.jpg

PlanarSpeakerFan 08-12-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 861389)
Hi Ken,

You might be surprised to know that some Lumin users with the latest firmware on their complete players which do full MQA decoding are currently able to achieve 352kHz/24bit resolution on some MQA files as shown in the image below. If you use a server which performs MQA Core decoding along with your updated Berkeley MQA DAC performing rendering you should be able to achieve that as well when playing back the highest resolution MQA files. :thumbsup: Congrats on the Berkeley, it was an already superb piece of gear which should be significantly better with the latest MQA upgrade!

Good listening!
- Bill

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017...a7aded7c66.jpg

Holy crap, go Lumin! Is that on the Lumin U1?

Thanks Bill!

Ken

jdandy 08-12-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 861382)
Dan - In no way am I questioning your first hand experience with the N10. From what I've read Roon is working on adding MQA Core decoding but in the meantime they are similarly limited to 48kHz playback of MQA files as you're seeing with your Aurender N10. I also saw an Aurender dealer stating that Aurender is considering adding MQA Core decoding to the N10 but they are in the feasibility phase. The Lumin U1 will have it soon and other Lumin players now have full MQA decoding or can provide MQA Core decoding and output via coaxial digital output to an external MQA rendering DAC for full MQA decoding. Hope this helps to clarify MQA decoding status a bit but it certainly isn't very straightforward! The article in Computer Audiophile which I previously linked to is the most detailed explanation of MQA I've found.

Bill.......I did not think you were challenging anything I said. I am only reporting what is happening with my Aurender N10 when I play MQA Master files while stream from Tidal. I don't understand any of what may be allowing me to achieve 24Bit/48KHz playback but I am pleased to see it happening. Does it sound better than the same albums streamed from 16Bit/44.1KHz files? Not enough that I can be confident of any perceived improvement. My point is that some kind of MQA unfolding is happening, either in the Tidal software or the N10, to allow a 24Bit/48KHz file to play when I select an MQA Master file on Tidal. Beyond that I am clueless and not truly interested enough in MQA to dig any deeper, let alone wade through the Computer Audiophile article. I am extremely pleased with the Aurender N10 and the sound in delivers with my sound system sans MQA. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me which way that cookie crumbles.

audio bill 08-13-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan (Post 861392)
Holy crap, go Lumin! Is that on the Lumin U1?

Thanks Bill!

Ken

I'm not certain which Lumin that was with, but if it was with the U1 it would have been with their beta firmware since MQA is not yet implemented in the U1's current firmware. It could be another Lumin player which already has full MQA decoding with their recent update.

After a bit more research I must correct my previous statement though specifically regarding the Berkeley; it appears that its DAC is limited to a maximum resolution of 192kHz so I don't think it will be able to achieve the 352kHz shown on the Lumin's MQA playback. Sorry for getting your hopes up but I'm certain their implementation will still provide an exceptional performance, and in addition they're claiming that their MQA upgrade also improves the audio quality of standard PCM, non-MQA recordings! :thumbsup:

jdandy 08-15-2017 01:42 PM

Bill.......After having done some reading I think I am catching on. The reason my Aurender N10 handles Tidal MQA files at 24Bit/48KHz and passes them to the K-01X DAC has nothing to do with any hardware or software decoding going on in the N10 or Tidal. The MQA files themselves are stored in a folded fashion on the Tidal servers in 24Bit/48KHz or 24Bit/44.1KHz depending on the fully unfolded resolution when using an MQA DAC. All that is happening is my N10 passes the 24Bit/48KHz MQA file directly to the DAC.

If I was streaming from Tidal’s desktop app, the first unfold would take place even without an MQA DAC, so a 24bit/48kHz MQA file streamed via the Tidal desktop app will arrive at my DAC as a 24bit/96kHz file. This happens whether that DAC is or is not MQA certified. With my Aurender N10 the folded MQA file stored on Tidal's servers is simply being passed right through to the DAC. As I interpret what I have been reading, that is all that is going on with my Aurender N10 music streamer.

richardallred 08-15-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 861893)
Bill.......After having done some reading I think I am catching on. The reason my Aurender N10 handles Tidal MQA files at 24Bit/48KHz and passes them to the K-01X DAC has nothing to do with any hardware or software decoding going on in the N10 or Tidal. The MQA files themselves are stored in a folded fashion on the Tidal servers in 24Bit/48KHz or 24Bit/44.1KHz depending on the fully unfolded resolution when using an MQA DAC. All that is happening is my N10 passes the 24Bit/48KHz MQA file directly to the DAC.

If I was streaming from Tidal’s desktop app, the first unfold would take place even without an MQA DAC, so a 24bit/48kHz MQA file streamed via the Tidal desktop app will arrive at my DAC as a 24bit/96kHz file. This happens whether that DAC is or is not MQA certified. With my Aurender N10 the folded MQA file stored on Tidal's servers is simply being passed right through to the DAC. As I interpret what I have been reading, that is all that is going on with my Aurender N10 music streamer.

Does that mean to get the benefit of the first unfolding, we should connect the laptop straight to DAC?

audio bill 08-15-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 861893)

Dan - I knew your curiosity would get the better of you to understand exactly what was happening and I think you've got it correct! Aurender is currently looking at the possibility of adding MQA Core decoding to their N10 via a firmware update, and if they do that you'll then be providing the higher resolution unfolded data to your DAC. If your DAC can act as an MQA renderer then you'd get fully decoded MQA, but if not you'll still end up benefiting from the first unfold which MQA Core provides. It's all a bit complicated and a whole new world of technical issues to understand, but the bottom line is if it helps us to better enjoy our favorite music that's what it's all about! :music:

audio bill 08-15-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardallred (Post 861895)
Does that mean to get the benefit of the first unfolding, we should connect the laptop straight to DAC?

The problem with that is there would be trade-offs involved... If you connected your laptop directly to your DAC via USB, using the desktop Tidal app or other software which provides MQA Core decoding you would benefit from getting the first unfold higher resolution data to your DAC. You would however then be sacrificing the lower noise and higher quality server performance which the Aurender N10 provides compared to most PCs. The only way to know which would be better is to compare them in your specific setup. Hopefully in time Aurender will add MQA Core decoding to make it even more competitive in the marketplace and then you'll have the best of both worlds. :thumbsup:

DrunkPenguin 09-11-2017 10:36 PM

Guys, a quick question as I do not currently use Tital but would like to move in that direction. Does streaming Tital from the A10 using MQA titles allow full access and control from iPad? No mini required using the desktop app?

I'm looking to remove my mini completely out of my chain.

Thanks
Rick

lschoonaert 09-12-2017 06:55 AM

I have an N10, but the app is the same, so yes you can play MQA content just from the app on your ipad.

DrunkPenguin 09-12-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lschoonaert (Post 866734)
I have an N10, but the app is the same, so yes you can play MQA content just from the app on your ipad.

Thanks very much-

I'm a simple guy and prefer the on-board dac. It seems this is great unit for me to try out.

mrbooboy 09-12-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkPenguin (Post 866767)
Thanks very much-

I'm a simple guy and prefer the on-board dac. It seems this is great unit for me to try out.

I've had an A10 for about a week now and think it a fantastic unit. The on-board DAC sounds great.

jdandy 09-13-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbooboy (Post 866853)
I've had an A10 for about a week now and think it a fantastic unit. The on-board DAC sounds great.

mrbooboy.......I would not expect anything less from Aurender. They manufacture fabulous digital components.

jdandy 10-16-2017 11:49 PM

The new Aurender A10 music server/DAC/digital preamp has caught my eye. The A10 is quite the digital package with its 4TB of internal hard drive storage and 120GB of solid state caching playback. The A10 features dual mono 768KHz/32Bit AK4490 Asahi Kasei Microsystems DACs, Tidal integration, full MQA decoding, an optical digital input to the dual DACs, plus volume adjustment of the analog outputs from the Conductor App, IR remote, or front panel rotary control. In classic Aurender engineering fashion the A10 employs full linear power supplies for its various digital and analog sections, meticulous isolation between the digital stages, analog stages, and power supplies, plus delivers a world class jitter-reducting precision clock generation system. All of this technology is packaged in a premium close tolerance aluminum enclosure with front panel controls, an AMOLED display, plus unbalanced and balanced analog outputs. Retail pricing is $5500.00 in Silver or Black.

The Aurender A10 really does deliver a feature packed music server/DAC/preamp, plus full MQA decoding at an attractive price point. It is simplicity at its finest when it comes to digital audio playback, a one box home run that takes the complex and makes it easy. The preamp section can be bypassed if you wish to use the A10 strictly as a music server/DAC, or it can be the heart of a streamlined digital sound system that needs nothing more than a quality two channel amplifier and speakers to put you in the high-end camp. I find the Aurender A10 to be a remarkable product.

Does anyone else here own the Aurender A10? Comments would be appreciated, especially since this unique Aurender music server has managed to piqued my interest.

http://www.moremusic.nl/aurender/a10/front.jpg

https://www.gcaudio.com/images/uploa...ront_black.jpg

http://www.aurender.com/website/imag..._d2124ed/datas

Timobi 10-17-2017 12:26 AM

Could one use the A10 as a network streamer and bypass the DAC? Like the N10 but knowing the N10 has no DAC...Been busy the past couple of months updating my preamps and Amps and the next item is something along the lines of the Aurender N10. But like Dan, the A10 has my interest. However the DAC in the McIntosh D1100 is stellar.

PHC1 10-17-2017 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 872773)
[B].

Comments would be appreciated, especially since this unique Aurender music server has managed to piqued my interest.

Dan, you already own it, your conscious is just late with relaying the command from the subconscious. :D

mrbooboy 10-17-2017 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timobi (Post 872787)
Could one use the A10 as a network streamer and bypass the DAC? Like the N10 but knowing the N10 has no DAC...Been busy the past couple of months updating my preamps and Amps and the next item is something along the lines of the Aurender N10. But like Dan, the A10 has my interest. However the DAC in the McIntosh D1100 is stellar.

Yep. The A10 can be used with an external DAC. However, it only has USB Audio out - unlike the N10 which has various digital outputs.