AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aerial Acoustics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Aerial Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=32483)

Ricjor1 07-25-2015 12:49 PM

Aerial Speakers

Any news on when Aerial will release the 12T or any knowledge on what type of drivers will be used?

Forte 4A 07-25-2015 05:49 PM

A couple of year away He's currently finishing up on the crossover for the 5T which should be out in a month. On wall 7T's are also on the agenda too.:thumbsup:

Ricjor1 07-25-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forte 4A (Post 715879)
A couple of year away He's currently finishing up on the crossover for the 5T which should be out in a month. On wall 7T's are also on the agenda too.:thumbsup:

Thanks. I heard a rumor that they would be introduced in January 2016? Maybe it's time to look for a used pair of 20Ts, instead of waiting on the 12Ts.

Masterlu 07-25-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricjor1 (Post 715894)
Thanks. I heard a rumor that they would be introduced in January 2016? Maybe it's time to look for a used pair of 20Ts, instead of waiting on the 12Ts.

You just missed a pair in our Marketplace.

BlueFox 07-25-2015 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forte 4A (Post 715879)

What do you mean by on wall 7Ts? Mine are pretty heavy, and I can't imagine them hung on a wall.

------------------------------------------------
Lumin S1
Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
Magico S5 speakers

Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon for source, Cyclops v2 (2) for amps
Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
Revelation Audio Passage Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Masterlu 07-25-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueFox (Post 715932)
What do you mean by on wall 7Ts? Mine are pretty heavy, and I can't imagine them hung on the wall

It's the wood cabinet that makes them so heavy.

BlueFox 07-25-2015 11:17 PM

True, but the cabinets help give the speaker its sound. I suspect that putting the drivers and crossover in something you can hang on the wall will sound different from the 7T. At least, that's my guess until proved different. :)

--------------------------------------------------
Lumin S1
Magico S5 speakers

Three 20 amp circuits.

Forte 4A 07-26-2015 12:42 AM

The bass will not be as deep but these will be for HT use along w/an on wall center. Michael figures customers will be using subs to cover the lower end. He's also developing new on wall rears.:thumbsup:

BlueFox 07-26-2015 12:52 AM

My 7Ts are used as the fronts for my HT/Surround system. I use it almost as much for music as HT.

-------------------------------------------------------
Lumin S1
Magico S5 speakers

Three 20 amp circuits.

Ricjor1 07-26-2015 01:26 PM

I have been on an upgrade path lately to build around my Aerial 7ts...Jeff Rowland Continuum S2 integrated amp, Bryston BDP2, Bricasti M1 DAC, Dual SVS SB13 Ultra subs, all Wireworld cables. With each upgrade the sound was clearly improved, not always night and day, but easily heard. Now I'm looking for suggestions between 15-17K, new or used to maybe replace the Aerial7ts. So far I have listened to Dynaudio C2 Platinums, Vienna Acoustics Liszt, and a friends Raidho C 3.1. Vienna and Dynaudio are nice, but not I would never sell the 7Ts for either one of them. The Raidho's are fantastic, but way out of my price range. Any suggestion? Just like with my other upgrades..I would like a little more detail, a little more space between instruments, in general just a little more of what the 7Ts excel at.