AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Aurender W20SE (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46412)

joeling 08-11-2019 05:50 AM

Aurender W20SE

Any insights on this new model ? How much is ti better than the W20 ? Is this still the flagship ? What is better than W20 ?

Thanks

j3brow 08-11-2019 11:05 AM

Flagship, yes. The differences are many. Comparison chart is on their website. Im considering one.

dixon007 08-11-2019 11:27 AM

I’m a happy owner of a W20. Very nice. Can only image how much better the SE model would be, and with a clock, a DAC with dual mono outputs, and some great cables to fully take advantage of what it has to offer - it should have the “Wow” factor.

joeling 08-12-2019 04:23 AM

Thanks. I just noticed that internal storage is only 4TB. Does that mean users are expected to pull music from a NAS ?

j3brow 08-12-2019 09:50 PM

Aurender W20SE

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeling (Post 975882)
Thanks. I just noticed that internal storage is only 4TB. Does that mean users are expected to pull music from a NAS ?

Aurender would like to think users would pull from the ACS10 with its up to 24TB capacity. The W20SE 4TB storage is now a SSD and the cache is 1 TB SSD. The W20 is being replaced by the W20SE, confirmed by Aurender distributor.

SuperD 08-13-2019 11:24 AM

I'll look at this when more information comes out, but there is also the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme. I have read peoples preference for the latter over the oringinal W20. I know nothing about disc storage but remember reading the SS drive will improve its sound.

Dave

GW1800 10-08-2019 02:18 PM

Well pulled the trigger on a W20SE.

It will be 2-3 weeks by the time I get it, break it in at least some and transfer my files etc. Looking forward to what it will do. If you look at the comparison list on the web site there is quite a bit of a difference between the two. You would think between all the improvements and a good bit up on the price point it would of deserved to be a new model like a W30 possibly. They mention about the clock being updated I assume more accurate but there is little info on what was actually done in this area. I'm sure they have done a outstanding job on this update to squeeze out every last bit literally. Aurender is just the definition of quality and thoughtful intent in my opinion.

Really like the Aurender angle Vs Roon still have a dedicated PC that I used for a bit but just did not do it for me. More on this later.

dixon007 10-08-2019 03:35 PM

Congratulations. Enjoy. We will be looking forward to your impressions.

j3brow 10-08-2019 06:22 PM

Congrats Mike! I’m sure you will love it. I would like to own one .... one day.

GW1800 11-14-2019 05:04 PM

I've been listening to the W20SE for a bit now and it sounds glorious! The best way I can put it is when I had a N10 and moved up to the W20 that gain is there again moving from a W20 to a W20SE - its that big of a change. I had both units here for a bit so an A/B could be done reasonably quickly.

The extreme play mode sure makes a difference also. I do like to watch the screen so its a difficult choice at times. However this one selection sure is noticeable to my ears.

Would not of expected as much of a difference just by looking at the specs. Aurender surely shows there are differences on their web site but I think changes run even deeper then listed or acknowledged. They must of dug pretty deep since we are certainly aware of just how great the W20 was and is.

The only knock I would have is the new model should of had the A30 OLED screen. Other then that Aurender has done it again - another hi quality product in fit, function and sound quality!!