AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PS Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   PS Audio PerfectWave Dac - Blinking Blue Light (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45863)

multiham 05-20-2019 08:43 PM

PS Audio PerfectWave Dac - Blinking Blue Light

Came home tonight and the Blue PS Logo button on the front was rapidly blinking. Pushing this button had no impact. Turned off unit via power switch in back and waited 10 minutes before turning back on. Still same problem. I've looked in my manual and on-line and can't find any information on this problem. I have not updated the unit in well over a month and it was working perfectly yesterday.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Weirdcuba 05-20-2019 08:50 PM

Is there a memory card in it from the last update? If so, take it out, try again and see what happens. Also, the forums at PSAudio are great for this sort of thing.

multiham 05-20-2019 09:36 PM

Thank you for the fast reply. Took out the card and now the light is a steady blue, but still won't work. I will try the ps audio forum also.

JMD 05-20-2019 10:03 PM

After you took the card out did you reboot it again? If not turn it off by the rear switch wait a few minutes and turn it back on no card.

multiham 05-20-2019 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMD (Post 965503)
After you took the card out did you reboot it again? If not turn it off by the rear switch wait a few minutes and turn it back on no card.

I did and the light comes on and stays a steady blue, but nothing else happens when you push the button or use the remote. Really hoping it is a simple solution. Thanks for the suggestion!

Poppyhome 05-20-2019 11:02 PM

Try reinstalling the software.

Ron

multiham 05-21-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppyhome (Post 965514)
Try reinstalling the software.

Ron

Tried that without success. Going to try and install older firmware and if that works update it to most current.

Poppyhome 05-21-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multiham (Post 965553)
Tried that without success. Going to try and install older firmware and if that works update it to most current.

:thumbsup:

Ron

audio bill 05-21-2019 02:26 PM

If you can't successfully get the software files to reinstall, you can contact PS Audio who can provide you with a download including a special loader file which does a forced install. I've read of some cases where this was able to resolve such problems and may be worth trying, but of course they'd be able to better determine if it's a viable alternative for your specific situation. If it turns out to be an issue which requires repair, PS Audio has very good customer service and they are generally quick to resolve such problems.

Masterlu 05-21-2019 05:50 PM

Steve... how old is this unit?

PS: I have connections if all else fails. :o