AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Any one heard devialet to sonus faber speaker? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46290)

n_brio 07-20-2019 10:46 AM

Any one heard devialet to sonus faber speaker?

How is the match between devialet and olympica 3 or amati futura?

NickW 07-29-2019 12:54 PM

Hi n_brio,
I own a pair of Sonus Faber Amati Futuras and Devialet Expert 1000 Pros. I love the combination and the sound. The pairing is well matched. If you like Sonus Faber loudspeakers, then I believe you will enjoy the smooth sound the Devialet can provide from them. I've also heard the same Devialet amps driving the Olympica 3s. That works really well too, and the difference is really down to the sound from the individual loudspeakers.
I previously owned ARC valve power amps and so joined the Devialet camp from a very different place. I have no regrets.
Regards, Nick W

Masterlu 07-29-2019 07:18 PM

NickW... Welcome to AA! :wave:

delfi87 08-02-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickW (Post 974571)
Hi n_brio,
I own a pair of Sonus Faber Amati Futuras and Devialet Expert 1000 Pros. I love the combination and the sound. The pairing is well matched. If you like Sonus Faber loudspeakers, then I believe you will enjoy the smooth sound the Devialet can provide from them. I've also heard the same Devialet amps driving the Olympica 3s. That works really well too, and the difference is really down to the sound from the individual loudspeakers.
I previously owned ARC valve power amps and so joined the Devialet camp from a very different place. I have no regrets.
Regards, Nick W

Nick, how would you describe the sound difference between the Olympica 3 vs Futura?

NickW 08-13-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delfi87 (Post 974845)
Nick, how would you describe the sound difference between the Olympica 3 vs Futura?

Hi Delfi87,
Tricky to answer this one. They both have the classic Sonus Faber 'house sound' and are therefore quite different to some other speaker brands. I describe the Sonus Faber sound as 'lush', 'romantic' and of great 'tonal' quality. The difference between them comes down to individual preference of course. For me, the Amati has a smoother, fuller and richer tone. I would summarise it as the Amati just has 'more'.

Apexorca 08-18-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delfi87 (Post 974845)

I'v heard a lot of both speakers. I'v also heard them side by side. For me it's a big difference. Amati is so much better en every aspect. The speakers are not fair to compare due to music reproduction. It's just a matter of you could spend the extra money for Amati Futura.
Amati is more like a real full range speaker and the music gets more full body and powerfull when needed. Soundstage is bigger, you get more involved in the music. The bas gets deeper and more controlled. The midrange is free and the voices is more natural and outside the speaker.

Results:
Olympica 3 - Amati Future: 4 - 10 :thumbsup:

RLF 08-19-2019 03:55 AM

,d

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apexorca (Post 976594)
I'v heard a lot of both speakers. I'v also heard them side by side. For me it's a big difference. Amati is so much better en every aspect. The speakers are not fair to compare due to music reproduction. It's just a matter of you could spend the extra money for Amati Futura.
Amati is more like a real full range speaker and the music gets more full body and powerfull when needed. Soundstage is bigger, you get more involved in the music. The bas gets deeper and more controlled. The midrange is free and the voices is more natural and outside the speaker

Since I have been a good customer of my local SF/Wilson dealer for many years and have a great relationship with them, I was able to reserve their best listening room with both the Olympica and Amati Futura on separate afternoons using the same amp and preamp which I owned at the time—ARC Ref 6 and Ref 75 SE. I used my own recordings as a reference. No contest! The Amati Futura trumped the Olympia 3 by quite a margin as described by the gentleman above.

My only regret is that the Stradavari was no longer available and I sure would have liked to have heard it due to all the great things that I’ve read about it here including Ivan’s impressions. That being said, I would have had to hear the Stradavari myself and trust my own ears as to which I liked best.