AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Vinyl & Accessories (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Pink Floyd Vinyl (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38017)

jfray 12-17-2016 09:44 PM

Pink Floyd Vinyl

What is your favorite Pink Floyd vinyl album; I have every CD but am specifically curious about vinyl and am mostly curios about the sound quality........

I love the delicate sound of thunder vinyl album and have two of them, one that has never been opened since 1988. They are hard to find..... but its my favorite.

Please give me your thoughts.

Wasatch 12-17-2016 10:10 PM

For me probably Meddle, Obscured By Clouds also kicks ass, after that probably Wish You Were Here, or Animals. Momentary Lapse Of Reason, is also very nice.

jfray 12-17-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasatch (Post 820527)
For me probably Meddle, Obscured By Clouds also kicks ass, after that probably Wish You Were Here, or Animals. Momentary Lapse Of Reason, is also very nice.

Thanks I will pick up a couple of those [emoji106]....... What do you think of "The Wall" and "Division Bell" on vinyl?

Wasatch 12-17-2016 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfray (Post 820534)
Thanks I will pick up a couple of those [emoji106]....... What do you think of "The Wall" and "Division Bell" on vinyl?

The Wall, not enough great songs on it, for to me to keep anymore in my collection, I've heard it so many times, excellent album though.

Division Bell, a couple/few songs I like on it, again, not enough... Might be hard to find on vinyl (original), not sure

Another really good album is Ummagumma, especially the live stuff.

If you like guitar, get David Gilmour's first solo album, very spacy, excellent player, awesome tone/note selection on his playing.

vegaracer1 12-17-2016 11:46 PM

I love Division Bell on Vinyl.

AudioGremlin 12-18-2016 03:34 AM

For me its the Pulse vinyl box set. I also like the Wall very much and The Final Cut. With a surname of Gilmour how could I not love the Floyd (no relation btw).

jfray 12-18-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasatch (Post 820538)
The Wall, not enough great songs on it, for to me to keep anymore in my collection, I've heard it so many times, excellent album though.

Division Bell, a couple/few songs I like on it, again, not enough... Might be hard to find on vinyl (original), not sure

Another really good album is Ummagumma, especially the live stuff.

If you like guitar, get David Gilmour's first solo album, very spacy, excellent player, awesome tone/note selection on his playing.

Thanks and I will look at the Ummagumma album!

jfray 12-18-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioGremlin (Post 820575)
For me its the Pulse vinyl box set. I also like the Wall very much and The Final Cut. With a surname of Gilmour how could I not love the Floyd (no relation btw).

Hmmm..... I don't own the the Pulse box set on CD or vinyl. Will have to try it out! Thanks for the recommendation

GreginNH1 12-18-2016 03:25 PM

Dark side of the moon.

AudioGremlin 12-18-2016 03:36 PM

Pulse is an analogue recording mixed at Astoria in QSound, mastered at The Mastering Lab. Love the vinyl but haven't heard it on CD's yet.