AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Lamm (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Amps Stands for Lamm Amps... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=10336)

thesaint519 10-11-2011 12:14 AM

Amps Stands for Lamm Amps...

My Lamm M1.2s arrived today. They've made me a happy man. Now I need to get them off of the wood floor. I'm leaning toward Silent Running Audio Ohio XL isoBASE amp stands. Has anyone had any experience with these products?

thesaint519 06-27-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesaint519 (Post 215137)
My Lamm M1.2s arrived today. They've made me a happy man. Now I need to get them off of the wood floor. I'm leaning toward Silent Running Audio Ohio XL isoBASE amp stands. Has anyone had any experience with these products?

Just to update everyone: the Lamms are currently being supported by a set of Silent Running Audio VR Series isoBases. The addition of the bases has, to a great extent, given the images more stability & solidity. They no longer drift in, out of, and around in the sweet spot. At some point, I'd like to replace the isoBases with either Ohio XLs from Silent Running Audio or Harmonic Resolution M3X shelves with an accompanying SXR stand.

Any suggestions? :scratch2:

thesaint519 06-27-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tima

You might ask Marc Mickelson at The Audio Beat - he has the Lamm M1.2 Refs, the SRA Ohio Class XL Plus2 and Harmonic Resolution Systems M3.

I don't think he uses the M3 shelf for the amps. I'm sure he uses the Ohio Class stands for the amps. I'm dying to try the HRS stuff. So much so, that I've sold half of my Grand Prix Audio Monaco Modular rack to finance an HRS SXR rack. I like that it grows or collapses as your needs change.

JackD201 07-19-2012 06:33 AM

I use 4 Critical Mass System Black Diamond Filters on PXK Frames. I bi-amp and my combinations are M1.2 Reference/M2.2 or ML1.1/M1.2 Reference. I like that the filters are not component specific unlike some others so I can switch combinations more quickly.

Myles B. Astor 07-19-2012 08:10 AM

Vlad has used both the SRA and Critical Mass stands/racks at CES.

thesaint519 07-19-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor
Vlad has used both the SRA and Critical Mass stands/racks at CES.

I wonder why HRS products, therefore, haven't been in the lineup.

Smp 06-04-2013 05:09 AM

I have had great success with Finite Elemente HD 9 and HD 10 amplifier stands under my Lamm preamps/amps. Also went a bit further and added Finite Elemente Cerebases under the equipment as well but not quite as significant gains as the stands.

thesaint519 06-04-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smp (Post 498680)
I have had great success with Finite Elemente HD 9 and HD 10 amplifier stands under my Lamm preamps/amps. Also went a bit further and added Finite Elemente Cerebases under the equipment as well but not quite as significant gains as the stands.

Really? I've never been a fan of Finite Elemente. I have a Grand Prix Monaco Modular Rack for the equip, and SRA VR Series IsoBases for the M1.2s. I'll probably stay with SRA for the Lamms (but upgrade to Ohio Class XLs), but move from GPA to an HRS SXR rack for the equip.

Smp 06-06-2013 06:44 AM

Interesting Saint - I use two Grand Prix Monaco SE stands for equipment. I had my Lamm ML2s on a sprung Australian jarrah wood floor (jarrah is a very hard Western Australian wood) for about six months, reasonably close (probably too close) to a pair of SF Stradivaris. I eventually got them onto the FE stands and experienced a really significant overall improvement.

thesaint519 06-07-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smp (Post 499466)
Interesting Saint - I use two Grand Prix Monaco SE stands for equipment. I had my Lamm ML2s on a sprung Australian jarrah wood floor (jarrah is a very hard Western Australian wood) for about six months, reasonably close (probably too close) to a pair of SF Stradivaris. I eventually got them onto the FE stands and experienced a really significant overall improvement.

Nice!! Pics?