AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   How passionate are you? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=964)

Masterlu 05-25-2009 10:15 AM

How passionate are you?

See where you compare with others on this one.

1KW 05-25-2009 10:20 AM

Your signature, now that's passion :D

Masterlu 05-25-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 16818)
Your signature, now that's passion :D

:bowdown:

US Blues 05-25-2009 10:34 AM

If I am home there is music playing. Period. :banana:

Except when my daughter commandeers the system to watch cartoons (Looney Tunes & Spongebob) or Discovery channel (any show where they blow stuff up!). :yes::yes:

I voted for budgets limitations, no deficit spending here.

gregswaim 05-25-2009 10:50 AM

I'm getting a new pickup for my LP12 and constantly buying new music, that's about it.
I'm very satisfied with the sound of both of my systems. Any upgrades in the future will only be for my LP12 in my second system, like a tonearm/pickup or possible power supply upgrade- everything is just right the way it is. :music: :D

Alberto 05-25-2009 10:54 AM

For me, the best fit was the last answer "reached the summit of perfection", but only because there was no option for "reached a point where my system sounds the way I want it to sound" - which is more subjective and less "final" than the summit of perfection.

I did not want to vote for "happy right where it is" because, in a question about passion, it makes it sound like I did not care enough to make an effort (i.e. "whatever").

I guess I can define myself as having a passionate but rational obsession, i.e., passionate and obsessed in a sense that I do care a lot and think a lot about my system and music (like most people on this forum) but rational in the sense that, apparently, know when to stop - even when my budget would allow me to do and spend more. There's no doubt in my mind that if I didn't like some aspect of my system right now, I'd be studying and shopping around for a fix. But it I am really satisfied with my well-matched, but not-so-holy grail of a system.

Alberto

80B 05-25-2009 11:22 AM

I've got a way to go still, but really enjoy what we have now. A second system for upstairs will have a different approach, informed by what I've learned here and in building the main system. To Greg's point, I've bought a lot more music in the past year than ever before. Good poll! :thumbsup:

Basite 05-25-2009 12:17 PM

limited by my budget.

and being a student, my budget is pretty limited :p

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Still-One 05-25-2009 01:59 PM

I will teak here and there but plan no major modifications. I will give the new MBL 111F's a listen and will consider a pre at some point.

KMC45 05-25-2009 02:26 PM

Had to say i'm pretty happy right where things are.