AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Power Conditioners (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Battery backup, do you have it? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=33207)

Rod#S 10-05-2015 01:26 PM

Battery backup, do you have it?

I'm curious, are people using a power unit with battery backup with gear such as servers, projectors, DVR's, etc? If so what models are you using and do you only connect units that benefit from battery backup or are you using these units as your main power conditioners thus plugging all of your gear into them?

I've been thinking about this type of unit for a while for my gaming consoles, DVR and NAS and a couple names come to mind, Furman and APC

-E- 10-05-2015 01:58 PM

Things E recommends for UPS:
1) NAS
2) Internet Modem
3) Wifi/router
4) Wine cellar cooling unit

1 is to keep the array in good health in the event of a power outage.
2/3 is to keep online via a mobile or portable device in the event of a power outage.
4 will drain all but the largest UPS units - but in hot summer months it is better to have something at the ready for an emergency.

Antonmb 10-06-2015 12:02 AM

UPS for network: modem, router, network switches, NAS and backup drives. NAS does an orderly shutdown after 10 minutes on the UPS, unless I switch over to generator power.

Masterlu 10-06-2015 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 731337)
UPS for network: modem, router, network switches, NAS and backup drives. NAS does an orderly shutdown after 10 minutes on the UPS, unless I switch over to generator power.

+1

In addition I use the original Pure Power units on all of my Processors, and source components only.

cmarin 10-06-2015 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 731340)
+1

In addition I use the original Pure Power units on all of my Processors, and source components only.

Masterlu,

I also use the Pure Power units on my DAC, USB converter and preamp. Are you a dealer for Pure Power? Can you send me a PM please?

Thanks

pweg 10-06-2015 04:00 AM

my house runs on 20kwh of lithium batteries fed by solar during the day.

So never have power outages also my power is super clean.

Antonmb 10-06-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pweg (Post 731352)
my house runs on 20kwh of lithium batteries fed by solar during the day. So never have power outages also my power is super clean.

excellent - where do you live?

Rod#S 10-06-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pweg (Post 731352)
my house runs on 20kwh of lithium batteries fed by solar during the day.

So never have power outages also my power is super clean.

Impressive

Rod#S 10-06-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 731340)
+1

So do you plug the Pure Power units into conditioners or are you confident enough with their capabilities in withstanding electrical issues like surges, etc.?

Rod#S 10-06-2015 11:49 AM

So what specific units are you guys using? I would like to check them out to see what their capabilities are with respect to battery life, do they double as power conditioners, regulators, etc.