AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   LCP86 vs. PCL86 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=25816)

guitardave 03-16-2014 10:25 AM

LCP86 vs. PCL86

I notice that a search for one of these tubes brings up both names, as if they are the same. So I am wondering if they are the same tube structure, with the only difference being the Telefunken only manufacture of the LCP86? I know the Aurieges uses one, and the Masseto uses the other. Also, one is available, and the other is pretty rare. Anyone know the difference?

KenSea 03-16-2014 04:32 PM

Pcl86

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardave (Post 590090)
I notice that a search for one of these tubes brings up both names, as if they are the same. So I am wondering if they are the same tube structure, with the only difference being the Telefunken only manufacture of the LCP86? I know the Aurieges uses one, and the Masseto uses the other. Also, one is available, and the other is pretty rare. Anyone know the difference?

Yes, Shindo reverses the letters to throw off reverse engineering .

JPrest 03-16-2014 06:49 PM

Just a note that NIB NOS Telefunken's tend to slightly red plate and will not last as long as the Siemens, I have rolled Mullard, Mazda, and Amperex. The Telefunkens seem to lift the music up and forward, more air. All are reasonably priced. I also noted that they should be close in current draw and mutual conductance or one of tubes will definitely red plate.
I have no schematic to determine how they are tied together or whats common to them.

KenSea 03-16-2014 06:57 PM

Tubes

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPrest (Post 590276)
Just a note that NIB NOS Telefunken's tend to slightly red plate and will not last as long as the Siemens, I have rolled Mullard, Mazda, and Amperex. The Telefunkens seem to lift the music up and forward, more air. All are reasonably priced. I also noted that they should be close in current draw and mutual conductance or one of tubes will definitely red plate.
I have no schematic to determine how they are tied together or whats common to them.

I use the 7316 for the 12au7 and its great and for the 12at7 i am using a Telefunken ECC801S . I really like this combination.

ken

kev313 03-20-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenSea (Post 590283)
I use the 7316 for the 12au7 and its great and for the 12at7 i am using a Telefunken ECC801S . I really like this combination.

ken

The sailor can shape the boat to suit his purposes, but not the sea. The sailor should allow himself to be shaped by the sea.

Buying a boat or staying on land is an easier path to satisfaction.

(Sticker for dog slapping head. Sticker for Beaker matador.)

privilegia 03-21-2014 03:54 PM

LCP86 and PCL86 are the same tubes!
The Telefunken are the best tubes for Aurieges.

KenSea 03-22-2014 12:30 PM

Telefunken

Quote:

Originally Posted by privilegia (Post 591644)
LCP86 and PCL86 are the same tubes!
The Telefunken are the best tubes for Aurieges.

For the high level section i totally agree.....

squad05 08-03-2019 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenSea (Post 591868)
For the high level section i totally agree.....

May you please share your exeprience with PCL86 tubes in Aurieges ?
My Aurieges got a pair of PCL86 branded Lorenz but they were made in Yugoslavia. I just got a pair from Mullard factory in Blackburn and I am curious about Telefunken.