AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   new Wire World power cords (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=417)

Yardbird 04-21-2009 12:21 AM

new Wire World power cords

I was skeptical about a power cable's ability to make a difference. Electricity is only the energy that makes it possible for the SYSTEM to make the sound, right? So if you're going to spend money on cabling, spend it on interconnects and speakers cables, right? Right, but Wrong! I have learned that if you leave your power cabling out of the equation, you could be ignoring a significant potential system enhancement. Over the past week, I've been listening to my system with Wire World Silver Electra power cables connected to my power amps, and only my power amps.

My system sounded quieter, the bass firmed up, and my highs were sweeter. I can't believe I'm writing this, but I have just purchased those cords, and I will be purchasing more for my oither components. :thumbsup:Ted.

jdandy 04-21-2009 12:35 AM

Ted.......Same here. I am the world's biggest skeptic on power cords, or was. Once I heard the bottom octaves firm up with a richer texture, and tighter slam, I became a convert. I went back and forth between the stock power cords and the Wireworld Silver Electra power cords. The improvements came and went like someone had a switch that was being turned off and on. I don't pretend to understand the engineering that allows this improvement to happen, but my ears clearly identified an improvement each time the Silver Electra power cords replaced the stock cords. I made the initial test with just two Silver Electra power cords on my 501's based soley on Ivan's testimony of his experience. His comments were right on. I now have seven of the two meter Wireworld Silver Electras on my main system, including the new PPP, and three more on the Mac gear in the studio. These power cables are the cats meow, in my opinion.

-E- 04-21-2009 01:39 AM

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr. And meeee-ow.

Yeah, can you tell I like em, too? :D

Highly recommended, and from a cabling perspective, probably the most audible sound improvement from any cable within your system.

Masterlu 04-21-2009 07:50 AM

A cable thread with no controversy, now cut that out! :slap:

:D

jdandy 04-21-2009 08:15 AM

For me, the audible improvement was discernable immediately. I don't know how anyone with a high-end system would be able to ignor, or not notice the improvement from the Silver Electra power cord.

-E- 04-21-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 6537)
A cable thread with no controversy, now cut that out! :slap:

:D

Enough :typing: Ivan. Let us catch up to you!

Masterlu 04-21-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vesuvius (Post 6572)
Enough :typing: Ivan. Let us catch up to you!

Pfftt, not a chance... :zoom:

PHC1 04-21-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yardbird (Post 6513)

My system sounded quieter, the bass firmed up, and my highs were sweeter. :thumbsup:Ted.

Very typical of a good power cable upgrade. :yes:

jetblack 04-21-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yardbird (Post 6513)
My system sounded quieter, the bass firmed up, and my highs were sweeter. I can't believe I'm writing this, but I have just purchased those cords, and I will be purchasing more for my other components. :thumbsup:Ted.

And that's the improvements I've experienced with the power cable upgrades. And we're not talking quantum leaps of improvement, but improvements none the less. Tweaking & peaking...............:music:

Yardbird 04-21-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 6540)
For me, the audible improvement was discernable immediately. I don't know how anyone with a high-end system would be able to ignor, or not notice the improvement from the Silver Electra power cord.

One reason I took a week. I kept telling myself to listen AGAIN, more carefully! I couldn't be hearing what I thought I was hearing! Not from a power cord,,,