AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Focal Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Scala Utopia Mk. 2 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=23077)

steve ringler 09-20-2013 09:04 PM

Scala Utopia Mk. 2

Has anyone out there heard the new version of the Scala? Supposedly the bass driver has been changed with resultant improvements in the bass and midrange.Due to changes in the cabinet, the upgrade is not retrofittable.Damn!!! Steve :drool:

enit 09-20-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve ringler (Post 533056)
Has anyone out there heard the new version of the Scala? Supposedly the bass driver has been changed with resultant improvements in the bass and midrange.Due to changes in the cabinet, the upgrade is not retrofittable.Damn!!! Steve :drool:

Indeed Steve, the crossover has also been redesigned. It sound great out of the crate!
The woofer produces a deeper, and stronger sound. First song I played when listening to the Scala V2 was Hell Freezes Over, by the Eagles- Hotel California. It was sublime. If you had a chance to audition a very seasoned Alto Utopia, this V2 kinda takes the bass from it, but faster, with the much improved mid and highs from the Scala V1. Overall, a much better sounding to my ears.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

-E- 09-21-2013 01:44 AM

Enit has a correct assessment.

steve ringler 09-21-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enit (Post 533068)
Indeed Steve, the crossover has also been redesigned. It sound great out of the crate!
The woofer produces a deeper, and stronger sound. First song I played when listening to the Scala V2 was Hell Freezes Over, by the Eagles- Hotel California. It was sublime. If you had a chance to audition a very seasoned Alto Utopia, this V2 kinda takes the bass from it, but faster, with the much improved mid and highs from the Scala V1. Overall, a much better sounding to my ears.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado

Enit,do you know msrp of new Scalas? Thanks,Steve

-E- 09-21-2013 09:05 PM

32k iirc.

dkrm 10-27-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -E- (Post 533394)
32k iirc.

Hi this is my first post. I just took delivery of Scala V2. I am a happy camper. It is connected to MC275LE running as monoblock.

How do i post a photo? Sorry for a noob question

chessman 10-27-2013 06:22 PM

dkrm, welcome aboard! :wave:

jdandy 10-27-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkrm (Post 544899)
Hi this is my first post. I just took delivery of Scala V2. I am a happy camper. It is connected to MC275LE running as monoblock.

dkrm.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado. :wave:

Here's how to do it.

On the photo you wish to post on AA, first upload it to a photo sharing site like Flickr or Photobucket, then click the photo to show it full size in its .jpg format, then right click the photo, then left click Properties, and Copy the URL address.

On Audio Aficionado, left click on the yellow box with the mountain in it, paste the copied URL address and click the OK button. Now click the Preview Post button to make sure your photo shows up, then click Submit button. That's it.

Bodhisattva 10-27-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkrm (Post 544899)

Welcome to the forum Dkrm :wave: Great to hear of your success with the Scala V2's. As they break in please share more about their sound.

There are two ways you can post photos. Firstly from a website, just copy the URL for the image, click on the yellow postcard-looking icon & paste the URL into the window. Or secondly, you can upload photos to photo sharing sites like photo bucket, copy the image URL & paste it directly into the body of the thread/post :thumbsup:

Bodhisattva 10-27-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -E- (Post 533394)
32k iirc.

That would put the Scala V2's in direct competition with the Magico S5's. Can anyone offer an opinion on the two speakers? :scratch2: