AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Battle of the power cords (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41354)

PHC1 11-30-2017 03:03 PM

Battle of the power cords

1 Attachment(s)
My first journey into the Shunyata brand began this morning as the Shunyata Venom HC arrived.

The Venom will eventually see use driving an amplifier in the near future but for the time being it will see duty driving my Bryston BHA-1 headphone amplifier which up until this point was fed the steady stream of electrons by my tried and proven, well aged and ripened Guerrilla Audio power cord, aka the "Kong".

I will give the Venomous snake some break in time and the battle of the Serpent vs Kong will begin. :thumbsup:

I gave the Venom a brief listen after my Bryston BHA-1 warmed back up and stabilized and it has some potential right out of the box but it will have to fight hard to prove itself against the mighty Kong. :yes: It doesn't quite measure up just yet in terms of body and midrange purity.

I will post my findings at some time in the near future for those that may be interested.

Mikado463 11-30-2017 03:20 PM

Now Serge I'm awaiting delivery today of my Venom HC as well (UPS guy obviously went to your house first). I'll be pitting it against my tried and true 'Signal Cable' power cord which resides between my Denali 6000/S and my wall outlet.

I'm looking forward to your results .............

PHC1 11-30-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 883028)
Now Serge I'm awaiting delivery today of my Venom HC as well (UPS guy obviously went to your house first). I'll be pitting it against my tried and true 'Signal Cable' power cord which resides between my Denali 6000/S and my wall outlet.

I'm looking forward to your results .............

Dave, I had "my people" speak to "his people" and the UPS driver was here bright and early... Supposedly they made him an offer he couldn't refuse. :lmao:

Yes, likewise, looking forward to your impressions as well. :thumbsup:

Puma Cat 11-30-2017 09:34 PM

Well, I'm looking forward to both of your impressions.

j3brow 11-30-2017 10:37 PM

Owning multiple Guerrilla Audio power cords myself, all resting in peace in my attic, I will be shocked if the Shunyata Venom HC isn’t the preferred PC.

Karl Maga 11-30-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 883099)

+1

PHC1 11-30-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j3brow (Post 883111)
Owning multiple Guerrilla Audio power cords myself, all resting in peace in my attic, I will be shocked if the Shunyata Venom HC isn’t the preferred PC.

We shall see. :D They carried me through for many years including seeing use with D'Agostino monoblocks before going Transparent.

Mikado463 11-30-2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 883099)

I've just get my wife comfortable with switching the cords out so as to do the test correctly (blind)

Once I've completed, I'll report back ............

crwilli 12-01-2017 12:10 AM

Oh to be a fly on the wall at Dave’s House.

PHC1 12-01-2017 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 883134)
Oh to be a fly on the wall at Dave’s House.

:yes:

:D