AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sonus Faber GM's in the House! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=2837)

'cisco 12-06-2009 05:01 PM

Sonus Faber GM's in the House!

7 Attachment(s)
From my previous Pic threads about Sonus Faber speakers.....I have finally satisfied my lust and infatuation . I had listened to a pair in the late 80's (don't recall the model) and they sounded absolutely beautiful. I was not able to pull the trigger then as they were out of my budget. Thanks to previous posts from Serge,Alberto,TommyC,onemug, and others....I had to revisit past memories for these speakers. But the person who pushed me over the edge was Dan's great review and pics. :thumbsup:

How do these GM's sound you ask? Well...I don't have a Pulitzer for writing like Dan or Serge but I will say that they sound very,very good. :yes: I particularly enjoy female vocals like Renee Olstead,Melody Gardot,Diane Krall and others coming thru my GM's and into my living room. I also enjoy Fourplay,Boney James,Euge Groove, and others performing for me as if they were right in my room. These are definitely keepers....you gonna have to pry my tight gripe shaloin master fingers if you want these....... a pair of D's might do it. :D

This might be an unfair comparison with my former PMC GB1 i's....retail...the GM's are 5X the cost. If I had too, I probably could have lived with the PMC's but the GM's takes it to a whole new level with a flow and clarity in the mids and highs that the i's can't attain. The GM's low end is slightly weaker than the i's but it is something I can live with. Of course I can add a sub like so many others have done but I don't believe I need it at this point.The icing on the cake for the GM's of course is its sheer beauty and Italian craftsmanship. IMHO.... the i's and the rest of the PMC line up can't touch this. :no:

Masterlu 12-06-2009 05:11 PM

Just beautiful, Congrat's & Enjoy them! :thumbsup:

Big Air 12-06-2009 05:42 PM

Stunningly gorgeous - enjoy them (no need to say it really is there!!)

I was wondering how you did the pics as thumbnails on your post?

KMC45 12-06-2009 05:58 PM

Those are beautiful speakers, now about that TV.

TommyC 12-06-2009 06:16 PM

How about that! another GM owner. The force is strong :D

Let it settle down for a couple of days and you will be in heaven.

How far apart are your GM?
Btw, congrats!

PHC1 12-06-2009 06:31 PM

Congrats on the GM's. You made an excellent choice. :thumbsup:

1KW 12-06-2009 06:50 PM

Cisco,

I am very happy for you, congratulations . You have wanted those speakers for quite awhile and now that you have them you will likely be happy for several years . Whether or not you want to ad a sub. is up to you, they do look fabulous. Enjoy :buddy:

Vintage Pete 12-06-2009 07:01 PM

Cisco....very beautiful indeed. Congratulations on a wonderful acquisition, I'm sure you'll enjoy them for a very long time.

I'm in for a treat tomorrow as I'll be having a chance to hear these beauties for myself tomorrow. I'll be paying a visit to a fellow AA'er here in Florida, and I will of course report back to the forum. (Hmmmm...who could it be, now? :scratch2: :D)

Pete

Waboman 12-06-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'cisco (Post 51855)
...I have finally satisfied my lust and infatuation.

Congrats 'cisco! Those speakers look gorgeous and I'm betting they sound as good as they look.:yes:

jdandy 12-06-2009 07:04 PM

'cisco.......Holy Mackerel!

My, oh my, what beautiful speakers. Sure, blame it on me. After we chatted, I wasn't sure you would really pull the trigger, at least not until I saw your one comment in the post on my GM thread. Then I knew it was happening. Congratulations. I know you are in audio heaven, beacuse I am right there with you. My GM's are playing this very minute. You are one happy person, I am sure.

You might like to pick up a copy of the SACD, Doc Powell - 97th and Columbus. I know you will like the disc, especially on the Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento's.

Looking good, my friend. I'm thinking you will have these speakers for a long, long time.

http://audioaficionado.org/attachmen...-memento-2.jpg