AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PS Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Surprised Again (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=400)

jdandy 04-20-2009 01:48 PM

Surprised Again

You know, sometimes when you are listening without the reviewer's hat on, just listening and enjoying the music, not in the critical evaluation mode at all, you still hear things that you hadn't noticed before. This has been happening to me ever since I installed the PS Audio Power Plant Premier into my main system. Yesterday as an example, I found myself listening to Paul Brown - The City CD, and hearing percussion sounds, wood blocks, faint triangle sounds, marimbas, and second level guitar chords that I had not ever focused on before. It seems the deeper the silence, the easier it is to hear into the background, and begin to notice audible events that had previously gone undetected, or buried. It is truly thrilling to hear these new discoveries. Just this morning I was listening to George Benson - Standing Together CD, the first track, "C-Smooth", and was amazed at the complete seperation of every sound, and every instrument. George's guitar floated around the room, the percussion instruments that set the beat were ever present in their own breathing space, never smeared with any other sound. Ricky Peterson's vibraphone blended so smoothly with the guitar and occasional moog synth, yet always had its very own uncrowded space. This entire CD is great, BTW.

It is such a treat to be caught out of the evaluation mode, and still find yourself surprised and blown away when new depths and demensions are revealed in your sound system performance. The PPP has made a welcomed improvement in my sound system that is still divulging new qualities as I write these word. In my opinion, the Power Plant Premier is a must have upgrade for all high-end systems.

jdandy 04-20-2009 06:31 PM

Am I the only one this is happening to?

Masterlu 04-20-2009 06:43 PM

Nope, I too have been quite amazed by the continuous pleasure from adding the PPP to my system.

I even notice a new sense of immersion when watching a movie. This has to be "The Best" improvement (bang for the buck) that anyone could and should do. I have added one to all my systems here in Florida.

I will let those that have inquired when they are back in stock again. :thumbsup:

hkval 04-20-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 6331)
Am I the only one this is happening to?

I am with you Dan, 100%. Every CD I put on sounds so much better than the last time I played it. Every sound is so natural, smooth, full and just fills the room with a relaxed musical quality. Some female voices that I thought were metallic are suddenly soft and so very human. I have pushed the levels to volumes that would even impress Ivan and the 1.2KW functions flawlessly plugged into the PPP. I ordered 2 PS Duets today which should give me added surge protection and also added conditioning of the AC at a very reasonable price. I talked with PS Audio direct and they were terrific and extremely helpful. This is an incredible product that everyone should consider.

1KW 04-20-2009 07:57 PM

:confused-18: You are getting sleepy :hypnotize:

MC352 04-20-2009 08:10 PM

:lurk:

jdandy 04-20-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2uberoller (Post 6361)
:confused-18: You are getting sleepy :hypnotize:

David.......At least I am still awake. You have been dreaming for months. :D

jetblack 04-21-2009 06:08 PM

Dan,

I can certainly relate to your observations on hearing new detail in the tunes. Because I upgraded with the PPP, Power Port, IC's, speaker cables, and power cords at the same time, I can't honestly say that it was all due to the PPP. What I can say is that 'It Works!'. :music:

jdandy 04-21-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetblack (Post 6719)
Dan,

I can certainly relate to your observations on hearing new detail in the tunes. Because I upgraded with the PPP, Power Port, IC's, speaker cables, and power cords at the same time, I can't honestly say that it was all due to the PPP. What I can say is that 'It Works!'. :music:

Danny.......When making that many upgrades at one time, it becomes difficult to put your finger on which change brought about which improvement. The best part, though, you are hearing a sweeter system than before all the parts went in, and that's a good thing. :thumbsup: