AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Clearaudio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Clearaudio Concept. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=8106)

KingRT 04-23-2011 01:07 PM

Clearaudio Concept.

Purchased this Turntable for my office and it really sounds good.
I use a Phonomena 2 and the Concept tables MC cartridge, with a McIntosh MA2275 Int Amp.

Not near as noisy as my Pro-ject, Perspective TT (blackbird)in regard to: (Pops and clicks). I was happy with that, before I heard this.

Jeff at A/V solutions is like Ivan when it comes to after the sale help. Perfect!

Puma Cat 04-23-2011 01:30 PM

I have one I use as a mono only deck, and think it's a great table for the money; sounds amazing for it's price class. Quality control seems to be variable; I've read of and have personally encountered some (in my case, minor) quality issues, but if you get a good one, enjoy it.

KingRT 04-24-2011 12:33 AM

Solid on day 3.
What should I look for?
I have only read excellent reviews and agree.
Now my MA2275 did visit the shop...

dhizzle 06-06-2011 06:14 AM

Did you guys have to tweak anything or was the setup good right out of the box?

Puma Cat 06-08-2011 01:09 AM

No, I just installed the cartridge and then used a protractor to check alignment.

dhizzle 06-09-2011 02:55 AM

I ordered one about a month ago but it was on backorder. I think it should be here next week. I'm new to turntables so I don't know that much about proper setups, I need to learn somehow though.

Puma Cat 07-01-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhizzle (Post 171440)
I ordered one about a month ago but it was on backorder. I think it should be here next week. I'm new to turntables so I don't know that much about proper setups, I need to learn somehow though.

Did you order with or without a cartridge installed? If the latter, you should not need to worry about setup as it will be ready from the factory.

dhizzle 07-01-2011 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 176517)
Did you order with or without a cartridge installed? If the latter, you should not need to worry about setup as it will be ready from the factory.

I ordered it with the MC cartridge. I checked the setup with the HiFi News test LP and protractor. The lines on the protractor are slightly off but probably isn't an issue. It passed tracks 6 & 7 on side one, had distortion in the right speaker on track 8, and totally jumped track 9. I don't expect it to pass track 9. Evertythig was good on side two except the last track (innermost trackability) had some distortion in the right speaker.
I'm not sure if I should try to adjust the anti skating until track 8 evens out the distortion to both speakers or just leave well enough alone. All of the lp's I've played so far sound alright. I just want it set up to play the best it can.

Puma Cat 07-01-2011 07:33 PM

I would also let the cartridge run in a bit as well.

Most importantly, how does it sound?

KingRT 07-01-2011 09:47 PM

The Concept sound amazing!
I could not be happier for the dollars spent.