AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Vivid Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Vivid G3 Giya's in Bound (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38682)

Masterlu 02-23-2017 09:32 PM

Vivid G3 Giya's in Bound

I have a pair of Vivid G3 Giya's in Bound for demo purposes prior to taking on the line.

Stay tuned for photos, and listening impressions. :music:

80B 02-23-2017 10:00 PM

Ivan, looking forward to your pictures and impressions!

vinod_david 02-23-2017 11:00 PM

Wow, Vivid, the shape...

cma29 02-23-2017 11:55 PM

Heard the Giyas at Bart's place in Belgium. Excellent transducers.

bart 02-24-2017 03:56 AM

Carlos, thank you.

Worthy addition to your already fabulous systems Ivan. :yes:

crwilli 02-24-2017 10:01 AM

Leaving us in suspense on your color choice? I like suspense!

joey_v 02-25-2017 04:36 AM

Coool... I look forward to your thoughts, Ivan!

Briz Vegaas 02-26-2017 05:36 AM

If the G3s are for demo dolphins ........porpoises.......purposes........If they are loaners then they will not be in the colour of choice. :-)

I also look forward to hearing how they work. Can i suggest trying these speakers with a few different partnering components if there are options available. In my own B1 setup i have just introduced a Nordost Valhalla 2 interconnect into my otherwise Valhalla 1 wired system. Despite hesitating to buy this cable ( for financial reasons, although it was second hand which helped) it does make a significant impact on the character of the sound. I have heard the B1 demoed with Luxman gear and it had that super detailed but not particularly full bodied sound, then with my Valhalla and CJ valve amps it was slightly cold and hard. Introducing the V2 has given the sound a different character again, which is more warm and full bodied. You would almost think its three different speakers.

While i am sure that the OP has enough experience to have this on his radar, its still well worth reminding yourself of this. I have seen the G3 discounted because it was not singing it tune with one particular setup. If you only have one setup then compatibility is critical, if you have options then its worth trying out those options.

PS So, how does Valhalla 2 get on with my system. I like Beth Orton's particular style and i have a copy of her album "Comfort of Strangers" which had a bonus disc of simply recorded tracks, including a version of the title track titled Comfort of Strangers #9. This track always had an immediacy, but the lack of grain and stress in vocals and simple instrumentation makes it an absolute joy for this particular fan, particularly as its my own personal taste in music rather than some special audiophile recording.

Masterlu 03-11-2017 01:57 PM

G3 Giya's are inbound... :)

audioguy3107 03-11-2017 03:05 PM

Ivan - can't wait to see them in your demo space.....when the time comes the Giyas may be the ones for me! Which system are you going to pair them with if you've decided yet??

- Buck