AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable ~ (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37784)

vinod_david 11-28-2016 02:48 AM

Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable ~

I am planning to get them (single wired) 2.5 m. What is the character of them and are they big improvement from Chord Carnival cables?

Folks you use them, can you share, please.

Samac 11-29-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinod_david (Post 816225)
I am planning to get them (single wired) 2.5 m. What is the character of them and are they big improvement from Chord Carnival cables?

Hi, vinod_david,

I've been using WW Oasis 7 in my system for a couple years now. The rest of my cables (Equinox) and PC (Stratus) are also WW 7. In the context of my system they sound great; excellent tone, detail and resolution. They sound natural, balanced and to me neutral. I'm very happy with them. So much so that if/when I try different cables it will be up the WireWorld line.:thumbsup:

Sorry, but I don't have any experience with Chord cables so I can't compare. For reference the WireWorld cables replaced Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval IC and Oval 9 SC.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,

Scott

vinod_david 11-30-2016 03:46 AM

Thank you.

Levitator 11-30-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samac (Post 816507)
Hi, vinod_david, I've been using WW Oasis 7 in my system for a couple years now. The rest of my cables (Equinox) and PC (Stratus) are also WW 7. In the context of my system they sound great; excellent tone, detail and resolution. They sound natural, balanced and to me neutral. I'm very happy with them. So much so that if/when I try different cables it will be up the WireWorld line.:thumbsup: Sorry, but I don't have any experience with Chord cables so I can't compare. For reference the WireWorld cables replaced Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval IC and Oval 9 SC. Hope this helps a bit. Cheers, Scott

Hi Samac - I'd be interested in your findings when comparing the Oval 9's with the WW Oasis as I currently use the Oval 9's for speaker cables but have been moving my IC's down the Wireworld path. Anything you could share would be really useful at the risk of spending more money!!

Thanks.

jdandy 11-30-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinod_david (Post 816225)

vinod_david.......I use the Wireworld Oasis speaker cable on my vintage sound system, a McIntosh MA230 integrated tube amplifier driving a pair of JBL 4312A speakers. The Oasis speaker cable replaced generic Home Depot 14 gauge speaker wire I had used for several years. The Oasis speaker cable improved the vintage system sound, delivering better resolution from bottom to top. I am still using Oasis with the vintage system. Wireworld Oasis delivers very good performance at an attractive price.

vinod_david 11-30-2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 816660)
vinod_david.......I use the Wireworld Oasis speaker cable on my vintage sound system, a McIntosh MA230 integrated tube amplifier driving a pair of JBL 4312A speakers. The Oasis speaker cable replace generic Home Depot 14 gauge speaker wire I had used for several years. The Oasis speaker cable improved the vintage system sound, delivering better resolution from bottom to top. I am still using Oasis with the vintage system. Wireworld Oasis delivers very good performance at an attractive price.

Thank you.

Samac 11-30-2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitator (Post 816638)
Hi Samac - I'd be interested in your findings when comparing the Oval 9's with the WW Oasis as I currently use the Oval 9's for speaker cables but have been moving my IC's down the Wireworld path. Anything you could share would be really useful at the risk of spending more money!!

Thanks.

Hello, Levitator-

The Analysis Plus cabling is excellent but I prefer WireWorld cables presentation. My perception is that my WireWorld cables are more neutral and balanced; nothing jumps out at you. The music sounds very natural with an ease to it. Detail and resolution is very good as well; and this is with the low and mid tier lines. I can imagine that the higher end WireWorld would be outstanding.

Someone might prefer the AP cables if they like a more upfront presentation. The APs have very good bass and good treble but the mids to me are pinched and pushed; a bit too forward. The AP cables have very good detail and resolution as well.

I believe WireWorld cabling would fit into a wider range of systems whereas the AP cabling might be tougher to incorporate; especially in systems that have a more up front presentation.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers,

Scott

Masterlu 11-30-2016 02:36 PM

David... I concur, you will be very happy with Oasis speaker cables. :yes:

vinod_david 12-02-2016 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 816694)
David... I concur, you will be very happy with Oasis speaker cables. :yes:

Thank you.

vinod_david 12-03-2016 12:09 AM

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/images/Oasis7_spkfs_xs.jpg

WW Oasis here I come...