AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Isolation, Tips & Tweaks (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tripoint Audio Grounding Component (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41666)

SuperD 12-27-2017 01:46 PM

Tripoint Audio Grounding Component

2 Attachment(s)
Anyone on AA familiar with these products? I started thinking about grounding years ago because I noticed all of my components have a ground post that i never paid attention to. I have read post after post about signal cables but not much about grounding. I started to look into things and came across Tripoint Audio.

Miguel Alvarez started Tripoint in 2008 and just recently released the Tripoint Troy Elite grounding component that is said to eliminate EFI/RFI from the signal and significantly enhance reproduced music. Miguel has sold Tripoint all over the world and his work can be seen at the AudioExotics website. I have known Miguel for a few years and was close to pulling the trigger until my wife became pregnant and all stereo dreams were put on hold. Three and a half years later and 2 sons, I have finally oredered a Tripoint Troy Elite with 5 Thor SE grounding cables. A cable for each monoblock, K-01X, G-01, and pre. I'm really excited to hear it in my system this January.

SCAudiophile 12-27-2017 02:10 PM

Not personally only by online mention and talking with Miguel several times over the years. Fan feedback seems to be extremely positive. Congratulations on your purchase and happy holidays!

SuperD 12-27-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 888788)
Not personally only by online mention and talking with Miguel several times over the years. Fan feedback seems to be extremely positive. Congratulations on your purchase and happy holidays!

Mark,
Happy Holidays! Tripoint seems to be well known overseas and I have only come across one unit on the pre-owned market. I have spoken to a number of owners whose ears I trust that swear by his tech. Anything on the horizon for you in 2018?

Dave

SCAudiophile 12-27-2017 03:10 PM

Happy Holidays!

I have Grandioso dreams in various forms for 2018 to 2019,...the rest is up to the deal closure and quota retirement gods 🤣

Masterlu 12-27-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 888814)
Happy Holidays!

I have Grandioso dreams in various forms for 2018 to 2019,...the rest is up to the deal closure and quota retirement gods 🤣

https://www.underconsideration.com/b...con_detail.png

You’re in Good Hands! ;)

For The Love of Music 12-28-2017 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperDave (Post 888774)
Anyone on AA familiar with these products? I started thinking about grounding years ago because I noticed all of my components have a ground post that i never paid attention to. I have read post after post about signal cables but not much about grounding. I started to look into things and came across Tripoint Audio.

Miguel Alvarez started Tripoint in 2008 and just recently released the Tripoint Troy Elite grounding component that is said to eliminate EFI/RFI from the signal and significantly enhance reproduced music. Miguel has sold Tripoint all over the world and his work can be seen at the AudioExotics website. I have known Miguel for a few years and was close to pulling the trigger until my wife became pregnant and all stereo dreams were put on hold. Three and a half years later and 2 sons, I have finally oredered a Tripoint Troy Elite with 5 Thor SE grounding cables. A cable for each monoblock, K-01X, G-01, and pre. I'm really excited to hear it in my system this January.

Not familiar with TriPoint, but the box looks impressive.

I am a major believer and user of a grounding system, curious on your comments once you install.

Consider pausing for each connection and hearing how the sound changes as you add each grounding wire.

Best!

SuperD 12-28-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 888960)
Not familiar with TriPoint, but the box looks impressive.

I am a major believer and user of a grounding system, curious on your comments once you install.

Consider pausing for each connection and hearing how the sound changes as you add each grounding wire.

Best!

After reading your thread, I decided to see if anyone here has any experience with Tripoint or any other grounding solution. Entreq and Tripoint are the two grounding devices that I compared and almost everyone that uses them hears a benefit. It seems more manufacturers are developing grounding solutions and I think I remember reading Shunyata was working on a grounding cable. It will be interesting to see where it all leads. Really looking forward to getting the "magic box" setup. Will keep you posted.

Dave

SCAudiophile 12-29-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperDave (Post 889007)
After reading your thread, I decided to see if anyone here has any experience with Tripoint or any other grounding solution. Entreq and Tripoint are the two grounding devices that I compared and almost everyone that uses them hears a benefit. It seems more manufacturers are developing grounding solutions and I think I remember reading Shunyata was working on a grounding cable. It will be interesting to see where it all leads. Really looking forward to getting the "magic box" setup. Will keep you posted.

Dave

I've used Granite Audio's Ground Zero grounding station and bespoke grounding cables for years with great results. The lead designer for Esoteric many years ago turned me on to star-grounding as a critical aspect of a key means to get Esoteric 1, 2, 3 and 4 box stacks to sound their best (counting clock) and the overall benefits; I've been using the GA product since 2006.

I've looked at Entreq and Tripoint plus others and the cost particularly is prohibitive and scary to me plus the overt size of the larger ground cables (I have enough issues with the size of the other cables in my system :D) seems out of proportion to their function but I could be dead wrong here.

I've looked intently at Shunyata's approach of integrating the grounding device/plane directly into the power distributor (Denali and Triton) together with their new levels of grounding cables, and this strikes me as brilliant and 'about damn time...' someone brought the 2 (component) worlds officially together.

All that aside, grounding is an important way I've been able to drop the noise floor in my system a bit further and in very noticeable ways for over a decade. I'd advise it for anyone looking to improve their system.

SuperD 12-29-2017 07:05 PM

I hear you on the price but I'm hoping it does what everyone says it does. I took a leap of faith and ordered one after talking with an audio friend in the Netherlands and buying his Thor cables. I have spoken with a few different people with different tastes, setup, and equipment that have all come to the same conclusion...its an essential piece that they would not want to be without. The Thor cables are about the size of my thumb and they are dense! Miguel personally makes them and the guy is an absolute perfectionist. I'm all in on grounding at this point. Keep me posted on the Grandioso:yes:

Happy New Year!
Dave

For The Love of Music 12-29-2017 08:18 PM

Super Dave Osbourne

I believe Mark to be dead-on and also believe you will hear things in an amazing way - keep us posted!