AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ELROD new MASTER SERIES Statement Gold,a true surprise; changes the game considerably (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38644)

SCAudiophile 02-19-2017 12:33 AM

ELROD new MASTER SERIES Statement Gold,a true surprise; changes the game considerably

5 Attachment(s)
ELROD new MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Power Cord:

Installed ONE of these in the system today on my Esoteric A-02 power amp to replace a 2 year old Elrod Statement Gold next-gen cable as a test.

Cable was cooked for 6 days and then rounded out by David on his system to a full 2 weeks of burn-in.

To say the design changes are major would be a huge understatement....double the width of the widest ribbons used to date and double the count over what was already his latest generation design for Statement Gold; that's all that can be said. Furutech's latest FI-50 NCF connectors are utilized as they were determined to be superior to anything else available.

Within the first 12 hours the phrase (which I've only used once before for any cable) "component-level upgrade" came to mind. It's as if my amp had been further upgraded along with my entire system. This is no exaggeration and I'm surprised at the uplift from a single power cord from the level I already was experiencing. All frequency bands experienced significant changes for the better, an already 3-dimensional wrap-around soundstage on most recordings became an even more dense, musical energy-filled 3D wrap-around deeply immersive soundstage on EVERY recording, every note, voice, etc...became even more real and life-like, inner detail increased on most material (already have tons of inner detail thanks to the TAD R1s), musical energy increased in the room and the listener is pulled even deeper into the recording. I found myself rewinding or starting tracks over many times as the surprise factor with this change was extremely high.

I had talked to a couple of guys who had gone this route picking up this brand new cable family in the last month; they were saying that the Master Series Golds eclipsed the Diamond and MBX2 families of cables and simply blew the doors off the latest Statement Gold generation. That all sounded hard to believe (particularly the part about eclipsing MBX2 and Diamond/X2; after 12 hours, I do believe it to be true...

Tough part about the Elrod line is the website has not been updated in a long, long time as more time is spent on design and build than on marketing. My advice is to reach out to me or others using these cables and get some candid conversations going. Also, you can easily reach David Elrod via phone / email; he's a wealth of knowledge and will discuss cables, music, system design/synergy with any serious audio-nut.

It's been a very surprising day and yes, the cable is more impressive in person than it even is in these pictures.

Some basic pictures below....forgive the photo skills :music:

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...5&d=1487478961

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...4&d=1487478940

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...3&d=1487478917

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...2&d=1487478892

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...1&d=1487478869

crwilli 02-19-2017 10:20 AM

The new cable looks like it is digesting the one it replaced (ate)!!!

Congrats.

bodiezaffa 02-19-2017 10:26 AM

Are they available in Canada? What's the price point.
You're pretty convincing.

SCAudiophile 02-19-2017 10:40 AM

Yes I believe their is a distributor testing them in Canada....contact Elrod directly for details. I will see what I can find out as well.

SCAudiophile 02-19-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwilli (Post 832976)
The new cable looks like it is digesting the one it replaced (ate)!!!

Congrats.

Thanks Craig...LOL on the ingesting the cable prior note!

SCAudiophile 02-19-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodiezaffa (Post 832978)
Are they available in Canada? What's the price point.
You're pretty convincing.

Bodie,

Just talked with him to discuss my listening impressions overnight on the Master Series. He asked me to pass along his thanks to anyone who is interested and;

- contact him directly for any product/technical questions on anything he makes today for power cords, interconnects (analog XLR and RCA only) and speaker cables & jumpers. Note he does not make digital cables

- he also asked me to pass along that WorldWideWholeSales dot com in Canada is a new distributor for his cables; Robert Neill is the lead contact and reps several other high-end brands of components, etc....For pricing and another voice on what these and other cables do, Robert I am told is an excellent source of info....

Sorry I don't mention price and don't play in that grey area on any forum. David and I have been friends for years and we hang out listen to great music, grab lunch/dinner,often etc.... we talk cable design and music quite a few times in every month....Despite all that he has a VERY strict 'no direct sale, dealer only' policy even for his closest of friends. I respect that and buy from a known Elrod dealer; so please get with Robert in Canada or other dealer for details....

Candidly, I was already happier than ever with the prior power cords and my brain told me that I shouldn't be hearing the things that are undeniably coming into my ears from this single cable. I stand corrected as it were...

Not inexpensive by any means but at the very least are a benchmark against which all else should be weighed.

SCAudiophile 03-18-2017 11:51 AM

Well, it's official; I formally added a 10 ft. version of the Master Series Statement Gold to my A-02 amp and a 9 foot version between my C-02 pre-amp and Isotek EVO3 SIGMAS power conditioner. The 7 foot version has been turned in (it was on loan for testing) and is on its way to another demo situation.

All I can say is that after a lot of listening with the first cord and now with 2 in the system, and those being the only changes in quite some time since the TAD R1s arrived, I am left with only one thought; "HOW CAN A POWER CORD DO THAT?!?!?!". I don't want to step over any lines here, nor am an employee, dealer or what some people affectionately refer to as a "plant" or a "shill". I simply am extremely impressed with Elrod's cables over the years and had thought I was hearing everything my system is capable of. In short, I was wrong and there is a sound emerging from the system that is a step above (and then some) what I was already considering amazing. I'll keep my comments to this level; it's been a very good and musically enjoyable week!

rns 03-18-2017 01:14 PM

Exciting (and educational) story, thanks for sharing with us. Congrats on the upgrade.

I'll have to keep this in mind if ever in the power cord market.

ryan

Masterlu 03-18-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 837381)
Well, it's official; I formally added a 10 ft. version of the Master Series Statement Gold to my A-02 amp and a 9 foot version between my C-02 pre-amp and Isotek EVO3 SIGMAS power conditioner. The 7 foot version has been turned in (it was on loan for testing) and is on its way to another demo situation.

All I can say is that after a lot of listening with the first cord and now with 2 in the system, and those being the only changes in quite some time since the TAD R1s arrived, I am left with only one thought; "HOW CAN A POWER CORD DO THAT?!?!?!". I don't want to step over any lines here, nor am an employee, dealer or what some people affectionately refer to as a "plant" or a "shill". I simply am extremely impressed with Elrod's cables over the years and had thought I was hearing everything my system is capable of. In short, I was wrong and there is a sound emerging from the system that is a step above (and then some) what I was already considering amazing. I'll keep my comments to this level; it's been a very good and musically enjoyable week!

Mark... considering that cables don't make any difference, your post is intriguing. :twisted:

SCAudiophile 03-18-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 837410)
Mark... considering that cables don't make any difference, your post is intriguing. :twisted:

LOL! oh yes they do! [emoji2]