AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Acoustical Treatments (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Synergistic Research HFTs - any experience by the Gang? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45361)

Puma Cat 03-16-2019 05:21 PM

Synergistic Research HFTs - any experience by the Gang?

1 Attachment(s)
I've been thinking of picking up a set of Synergistic Research HFTs to treat my small listening area in my "living room".

I've actually heard these being used in audio show to improve the acoustics in hotel rooms and they do work...

Anyone here use them or have any experience with them?

Still-One 03-16-2019 05:50 PM

I purchased some several years ago after attending a demo at RMAF. I couldn't hear a difference in my room so I sold them a few months later. It was worth a try. :dunno:

Puma Cat 03-16-2019 10:16 PM

Thanks, guys, for the input. Much appreciated.

There's a 3 for 2 sale on right now at SR, so if you buy two packs of any model, you get a 3rd for free, so I bought a 2-pack and came home with a 3-pack.

My room is quite unorthodox, and a skosh one the lively side, so it will be interesting to see what these do. I've seen the improvements they can make in a demo room at an audio show.

Cheers, guys.

Puma Cat 03-17-2019 12:18 AM

So, I installed 3 sets of HFTs tonight.

The first set brought more focus and spaciousness to the musical presentation, and helped control some degree of "riniging" I had in the space (my available wall space is actually quite low as my townhome is small but populated with many windows which take up a considerable portion of the overall wall space, so there's very little room for acoustical panels).

When I installed the second set midway between the first two mid-height HFTs that are Level 1, things really snapped together, and all of a sudden, the sound field and presentation become more palpable, 3-dimensional and fully articulated. As soon as put them on, it was like "Wham!" Better imaging and sound field. Pretty nice.

Now all I have to do is keep the cats away from them on my "ledge" (the half-wall behind my audio rack and the front entrance stair well). That black leopard Ringo went after one within minutes of my putting Level 1 on the half-wall.

So far, so good, very nice on the whole.

johndoe21ro 03-20-2019 06:08 AM

Sounds interesting. Keep us updated! :)
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

timztunz 03-20-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 957552)
So, I installed 3 sets of HFTs tonight.

The first set brought more focus and spaciousness to the musical presentation, and helped control some degree of "riniging" I had in the space (my available wall space is actually quite low as my townhome is small but populated with many windows which take up a considerable portion of the overall wall space, so there's very little room for acoustical panels).

When I installed the second set midway between the first two mid-height HFTs that are Level 1, things really snapped together, and all of a sudden, the sound field and presentation become more palpable, 3-dimensional and fully articulated. As soon as put them on, it was like "Wham!" Better imaging and sound field. Pretty nice.

Now all I have to do is keep the cats away from them on my "ledge" (the half-wall behind my audio rack and the front entrance stair well). That black leopard Ringo went after one within minutes of my putting Level 1 on the half-wall.

So far, so good, very nice on the whole.

I would love to see some photos, especially of Ringo the black leopard!:thumbsup:

Puma Cat 03-20-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timztunz (Post 957948)
I would love to see some photos, especially of Ringo the black leopard!:thumbsup:

Check the Show Us Your Pal thread; I posted a pic of Ringo in there yesterday.

Meantime, you can watch this little video I made of him last week when he was climbing a tree for the very first time. I ran the video in the middle in slo-mo so you can see him climbing. What struck me was his innate ability to climb and his single-mindedness and determination to get into the tree. Just like a leopard! LOL. :scratch2:

https://youtu.be/A-363_3P7EM

Antonmb 03-21-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 957994)
Check the Show Us Your Pal thread; I posted a pic of Ringo in there yesterday.

Meantime, you can watch this little video I made of him last week when he was climbing a tree for the very first time. I ran the video in the middle in slo-mo so you can see him climbing. What struck me was his innate ability to climb and his single-mindedness and determination to get into the tree. Just like a leopard! LOL. :scratch2:

https://youtu.be/A-363_3P7EM

Cool.

Puma Cat 03-21-2019 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 958040)
Cool.

Yep, he's a leopard, I tell ya... :yes:

Antonmb 03-21-2019 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 957552)
Now all I have to do is keep the cats away from them on my "ledge" (the half-wall behind my audio rack and the front entrance stair well).

That would be an irresistible challenge to any cat I’ve ever had.