AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Audio Racks & Furniture (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Quadraspire - Bamboo (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45836)

btn2803 05-16-2019 04:04 PM

Quadraspire - Bamboo

Hi all AAs,

I am contemplating adding a new audio rack and the Quadraspire SV2T looks very nice. I read about the quality of sound from Bamboo (see link from Quadraspire), and want to know if you have comments/advice on 1) bamboo versus the regular wood veneer, and 2) is it worth to add the Bronze upgrade for the top shelf, or is it better to add StillPoints to the components later on.

Hi Ivan - I believe I saw a picture you posted of your Bryston components with SV2T and I think it was wood veneer. If it is wood veneer, I would be interested to know why you did not select bamboo. Thanks.

https://quadraspire.co.uk/bamboo-evo...tion-flyer.pdf

Masterlu 05-16-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn2803 (Post 965032)
Hi all AAs,

I am contemplating adding a new audio rack and the Quadraspire SV2T looks very nice. I read about the quality of sound from Bamboo (see link from Quadraspire), and want to know if you have comments/advice on 1) bamboo versus the regular wood veneer, and 2) is it worth to add the Bronze upgrade for the top shelf, or is it better to add StillPoints to the components later on.

Hi Ivan - I believe I saw a picture you posted of your Bryston components with SV2T and I think it was wood veneer. If it is wood veneer, I would be interested to know why you did not select bamboo. Thanks.

https://quadraspire.co.uk/bamboo-evo...tion-flyer.pdf

I ordered Black to accent all my Silver gear on it. :ok:

Antonmb 05-16-2019 04:49 PM

I’m on my second Quadraspire rack and love it. Bamboo was not an option when I purchased my most recent rack. The logic of their claims for audio improvement make sense, but had it been available, I would have bought it even if it didn’t improve the sound, for no other reason than the looks and sustainability.

I would also lean towards the X Reference rack if it’s in your budget. Again, this is new since I bought mine. I know there are many different experiences with Stillpoints, but I had mixed results with them on my Quadraspire: they provided a modest improvement with my digital streamer/preamp, until I went to a separate preamp, after which I couldn’t really hear a difference. My conclusion, right or wrong, is that they helped the digital streamer/preamp because the preamp function was the weak link, so I believe results can be component and system dependent.

Masterlu 05-16-2019 05:09 PM

BTW, I do use Stillpoints with both of my Quadraspire racks. I’m very happy with mine, especially at this price point. :ok:

btn2803 05-16-2019 05:40 PM

Thanks Ivan and Tony.

Both of you own 2 Quadraspire racks so that says something about its built quality. That's great.

Tony - yes, I would love their X product but I plan to have racks for my 6+ components, and the X is a bit pricey for 2 racks, each with 3-4 shelves. So, I think the SV2T with 4 shelves in bamboo would work well for my needs.

Ivan - when the time comes, I will reach out to you :thumbsup:

Masterlu 05-16-2019 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn2803 (Post 965043)
Thanks Ivan and Tony.

Both of you own 2 Quadraspire racks so that says something about its built quality. That's great.

Tony - yes, I would love their X product but I plan to have racks for my 6+ components, and the X is a bit pricey for 2 racks, each with 3-4 shelves. So, I think the SV2T with 4 shelves in bamboo would work well for my needs.

Ivan - when the time comes, I will reach out to you :thumbsup:

Sounds good. :o

Levitator 05-16-2019 06:39 PM

I use the SV2T rack for my amps, pre amp, source and power conditioner and find it excellent.

I previously used the QV racks and while they are solid and well finished, the bamboo rack does seem to add something to the sound quality.

cdobson 05-16-2019 07:25 PM

Love my two black sv2t racks!! Well priced, packed and shipped. Solid and great looking. Have all my gear on them.

btn2803 05-16-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitator (Post 965053)
I use the SV2T rack for my amps, pre amp, source and power conditioner and find it excellent.

I previously used the QV racks and while they are solid and well finished, the bamboo rack does seem to add something to the sound quality.

Thanks.
I was looking at the QAVX but it does not have bamboo as option. I also thought the SV2T is better built.

btn2803 05-16-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdobson (Post 965055)
Love my two black sv2t racks!! Well priced, packed and shipped. Solid and great looking. Have all my gear on them.

Great. Thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup: