AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PS Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   P10 Settings for Amplifiers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44047)

ps7256 10-11-2018 11:20 AM

P10 Settings for Amplifiers

Just wondering what other members have their P10 Settings at for their Amplifiers when connected to HC at back of P10.

Wondering what best setting is: (Always On, Switched, Boot, Auto-boot)? Thx

tdelahanty 10-11-2018 01:06 PM

I use the multi-wave #3 setting. I do not use the high current receptacles because they have electronic devices which limit current inrush during power up. My amp employs the same devices and seems to sound better using the regular receptacles.

scirica 10-11-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdelahanty (Post 935261)
I use the multi-wave #3 setting. I do not use the high current receptacles because they have electronic devices which limit current inrush during power up. My amp employs the same devices and seems to sound better using the regular receptacles.

That's interesting. I may have to experiment with that. However, if I always keep my amplifier on (and the P10 on), would there be any benefit?

tdelahanty 10-11-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scirica (Post 935268)
That's interesting. I may have to experiment with that. However, if I always keep my amplifier on (and the P10 on), would there be any benefit?

There's always the benefit of thermal equilibrium (warmed up stable circuits). However this would not mitigate the effects of thermal inrush circuits. In my case I believe having two such circuits one after the other is detrimental. If memory serves me correctly these devices are thermistors and after the inrush these devices return to zero ohms letting the power supply draw as much current as needed. That said nothing is absolute (only in the world of theory) so they are not truly zero ohms and might slightly limit current flow.

ps7256 10-11-2018 06:12 PM

Thx tdelahanty and scirica, what is your setting for control on P10, screen that indicates (Always On, Switched, Delayed, Boot, or Autoboot)?

scirica 10-11-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ps7256 (Post 935312)
Thx tdelahanty and scirica, what is your setting for control on P10, screen that indicates (Always On, Switched, Delayed, Boot, or Autoboot)?

Not sure if my settings are relevant, but they are attached.

scirica 10-11-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scirica (Post 935323)
Not sure if my settings are relevant, but they are attached.

Not sure that worked. I have everything in Switched mode except E, which is always on for my amps.

ps7256 10-11-2018 07:59 PM

Thx Scirica, makes sense.

tdelahanty 10-12-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdelahanty (Post 935303)
There's always the benefit of thermal equilibrium (warmed up stable circuits). However this would not mitigate the effects of thermal inrush circuits. In my case I believe having two such circuits one after the other is detrimental. If memory serves me correctly these devices are thermistors and after the inrush these devices return to zero ohms letting the power supply draw as much current as needed. That said nothing is absolute (only in the world of theory) so they are not truly zero ohms and might slightly limit current flow.

I used the device called thermistor as an inrush device, my memory is bad in this regard, it may be a thyristor???? OLD AGE :scratch2:

Masterlu 10-12-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdelahanty (Post 935400)
I used the device called thermistor as an inrush device, my memory is bad in this regard, it may be a thyristor???? OLD AGE :scratch2:

I think you mean thigh master. :D

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9onVS8mdT...er-600x330.png