AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   DENALI 6000S Version 2 Just Ordered (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46997)

Audiophilehi 11-07-2019 01:23 PM

DENALI 6000S Version 2 Just Ordered

I couldn't take it anymore and I just had to join the Shunyata party. :banana::banana: (Thanks a bunch Ivan):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lets see how the DENALI 6000S Version 2 compares to my PS Audio P15. :smoking:

Masterlu 11-07-2019 01:40 PM

Paul... Prepare to be Amazed! :yes:

salamander 11-07-2019 01:43 PM

I recently replaced a P10 with a Shunyata 6000/S v2 and a Sigma EF power cord (thanks again Ivan). It turned out to be one of the best upgrades I have ever made to my system! The performance improvement is simply remarkable. Highly recommended!

Audiophilehi 11-07-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 984964)

Thanks Ivan! I’m now salivating.

Audiophilehi 11-07-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 984964)

Quote:

Originally Posted by salamander (Post 984965)
I recently replaced a P10 with a Shunyata 6000/S v2 and a Sigma EF power cord (thanks again Ivan). It turned out to be one of the best upgrades I have ever made to my system! The performance improvement is simply remarkable. Highly recommended!

Now I’m salivating even more.

oddeophile 11-07-2019 02:30 PM

Yup. I did as well selling off both P10’s for a Triton v3/Typhon QR. never could have thought the improvement wrought. Makes my P10’s boat anchors in comparison.

Audiophilehi 11-07-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oddeophile (Post 984971)
Yup. I did as well selling off both P10’s for a Triton v3/Typhon QR. never could have thought the improvement wrought. Makes my P10’s boat anchors in comparison.

Wow! This sounds very promising. :thumbsup: I'll be counting the days.

Puma Cat 11-07-2019 05:14 PM

Yep, I had a Power Plant Premier in my system for an entire month; it did virtually nothing to improve the sound of my specific system, whereas even my old Hydra 4 sounded better.

I came to conclusion that "AC Regeneration" is a fix for something that is not a problem.

In my experience, DTCD (dynamic transient current delivery), component-to-component isolation, noise suppression WITHOUT impactng DTCD, and the quantum reserve functionaliy of the QR/BB provide significant functional responses that impart "listening ease" and create engaging, involving, and beguiling musical experiences.

I've come to the conclusion that improving my power condiitiong and distribution system provides more benefits, and at uaually lower prices, than (another) component upgrade.

jimtranr 11-07-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 984982)
I've come to the conclusion that improving my power conditioning and distribution system provides more benefits, and at usually lower prices, than (another) component upgrade.

What I've concluded, too. With sonic improvements that don't require one to strain to hear.

Audiophilehi 11-07-2019 07:03 PM

Would I get an additional benefit if I plug my PS Audio P15 into the Denali 6000s v2?

Masterlu 11-07-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 984993)
Would I get an additional benefit if I plug my PS Audio P15 into the Denali 6000s v2?

Nope, and not recommended.

Audiophilehi 11-07-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 985004)
Nope, and not recommended.

Gotcha! Thanks Ivan. :thumbsup:

oddeophile 11-07-2019 09:45 PM

You’ll probably want to sell your P15 after hear the Denali in your system.

Audiophilehi 11-07-2019 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oddeophile (Post 985024)
You’ll probably want to sell your P15 after hear the Denali in your system.

I will eventually. In the meantime I’ll use the P15 to power the rest of my equipment in a separate receptacle.

Is it possible to plug my PS Audio Dectet into the Denali 6000s v2?

Masterlu 11-07-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 985025)
Is it possible to plug my PS Audio Dectet into the Denali 6000s v2?

Since the Dectet is an active three zone, ten outlet power center, you could although I don’t recommend it.

It’s never a good idea to daisy chain active/passive power units from different manufacturers.

If you do need extra outlets, adding a Shunyata PS8 is the way to go.

https://www.musicdirect.com/Portals/...UNVENOMPS8.jpg

Audiophilehi 11-07-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 985028)
Since the Dectet is an active three zone, ten outlet power center, you could although I don’t recommend it.

It’s never a good idea to daisy chain active/passive power units from different manufacturers.

If you do need extra outlets, adding a Shunyata PS8 is the way to go.

https://www.musicdirect.com/Portals/...UNVENOMPS8.jpg

Thanks Ivan!
I’ll definitely have to wait on that until funds are available. In the meantime I’ll use my P15 in a separate receptacle to power the rest of my equipment.

Masterlu 11-07-2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 985029)
Thanks Ivan!
I’ll definitely have to wait on that until funds are available. In the meantime I’ll use my P15 in a separate receptacle to power the rest of my equipment.

Sounds like a good plan. :ok:

RLF 11-07-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 984963)
I couldn't take it anymore and I just had to join the Shunyata party. :banana::banana: (Thanks a bunch Ivan):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lets see how the DENALI 6000S Version 2 compares to my PS Audio P15. :smoking:

First off, congratulations on your purchase of the Denali 6000S V2 and be prepared for a wonderful surprise when you hear it in your system:thumbsup:

I’ve owned numerous power conditioners and regenerators in my stereo system and home theater systems; both at my main home and vacation abodes. Nothing so far can compare with Shunyata, at least to my ears. I now have 4 of them as well a Triton and Typhon QR. These things are addicting :D

While I’ve never heard the P15 or P20 in any of my systems, I do have extensive experience with the P10 in both my stereo and home theater in my main home. To my ears and in my systems, I would say that the P10 is like a model T Ford while either the Denali 6000S V2 or Triton is a Ferrari and that is not even when either the Denali V2 or Triton V3 is paired with a Typhon QR.

Audiophilehi 11-07-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLF (Post 985033)
First off, congratulations on your purchase of the Denali 6000S V2 and be prepared for a wonderful surprise when you hear it in your system:thumbsup:

I’ve owned numerous power conditioners and regenerators in my stereo system and home theater systems; both at my main home and vacation abodes. Nothing so far can compare with Shunyata, at least to my ears. I now have 4 of them as well a Triton and Typhon QR. These things are addicting :D

While I’ve never heard the P15 or P20 in any of my systems, I do have extensive experience with the P10 in both my stereo and home theater in my main home. To my ears and in my systems, I would say that the P10 is like a model T Ford while either the Denali 6000S V2 or Triton is a Ferrari and that is not even when either the Denali V2 or Triton V3 is paired with a Typhon QR.

Thank RLF....In the words of Ivan “I’m preparing to be amazed” The days will be long until the 6000S V2 is delivered.

audiohippo 12-09-2019 04:51 AM

What’s the latest Paul?

Audiophilehi 12-09-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiohippo (Post 988393)
What’s the latest Paul?

Still waiting. Hoping that it will be shipped soon.

RLF 12-09-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 988427)
Still waiting. Hoping that it will be shipped soon.

I had to wait a bit for mine too, but the wait was definitely worth it for me.

I will be anxious to hear your thoughts once you get it and how it compares with your P15. I bet you’ll love it. :thumbsup:

Audiophilehi 12-09-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLF (Post 988431)
I had to wait a bit for mine too, but the wait was definitely worth it for me.

I will be anxious to hear your thoughts once you get it and how it compares with your P15. I bet you’ll love it. :thumbsup:

I will most definitely report back with my findings when I receive the Denali 6000S v2. :yes:

Masterlu 12-10-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 988434)
I will most definitely report back with my findings when I receive the Denali 6000S v2. :yes:

Paul... I just received a tracker from Shunyata. I will send you a PM. :ok:

Audiophilehi 12-10-2019 08:25 PM

That’s great news!

Thanks so much Ivan!

oddeophile 12-11-2019 02:32 AM

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Audiophilehi 12-17-2019 07:26 PM

Denali 6000s v2 and Delta NR PC are in the house. Not hooked up yet so more to come.

Tie_breaker 12-20-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 989340)
Denali 6000s v2 and Delta NR PC are in the house. Not hooked up yet so more to come.

Hi Paul, looking forward to your comments on the Denali 6000s v2. Thank you..

Audiophilehi 12-20-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tie_breaker (Post 989565)
Hi Paul, looking forward to your comments on the Denali 6000s v2. Thank you..

The Denali has been in my system for only 3 days now and not sure how much burn in is required but I will say right off the bat the Denali is a winner.

The first thing that strikes you is that there is more punch in the bass. Male voices have more weight to them, female voices are now so seductive, (Nora Jones, Maria Muldaur) bass lines just pop out, guitars and piano have more sustain. (I’m a guitar player)

On the higher frequency range the little bit of the tizzy sound I was getting on cymbals and wind instruments are now eliminated. Soundstage is now a little bit deeper and wider but not that much over the PSA-P15.

I also hear more separation when there are multiple singers. For instance when John, Paul, and George are harmonizing they are not on top of each other but now have some separation to them. Same goes for Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.

Hey, the P15 is no slouch. It’s a great performer. It took my system to another level replacing the PSA Power Plant Premier (PPP) The Denali 6000s v2 just took my system up another level.

Bravo Shunyata!

Masterlu 12-20-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 989619)
The Denali has been in my system for only 3 days now and not sure how much burn in is required but I will say right off the bat the Denali is a winner.

The first thing that strikes you is that there is more punch in the bass. Male voices have more weight to them, female voices are now so seductive, (Nora Jones, Maria Muldaur) bass lines just pop out, guitars and piano have more sustain. (I’m a guitar player)

On the higher frequency range the little bit of the tizzy sound I was getting on cymbals and wind instruments are now eliminated. Soundstage is now a little bit deeper and wider but not that much over the PSA-P15.

I also hear more separation when there are multiple singers. For instance when John, Paul, and George are harmonizing they are not on top of each other but now have some separation to them. Same goes for Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.

Hey, the P15 is no slouch. It’s a great performer. It took my system to another level replacing the PSA Power Plant Premier (PPP) The Denali 6000s v2 just took my system up another level.

Bravo Shunyata!

Outstanding! :ok: