AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magico (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   Q7 delivered (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=21182)

JohnThomas 07-24-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOGA (Post 515285)
Any tweeters are fragile. Yes, what I afraid of is that one day something may make contact with them.

I better make something to cover front of speakers when not in use.

I hear you. Anytime the cleaning lady comes or kids are in close proximity the speaker grills go on just in case a butt or elbow goes slips.

asiufy 07-24-2013 01:00 PM

I think Magico introduced grilles for the S5 (perhaps the S1 too). They're option, AFAIK...

alexandre

TOGA 10-18-2013 03:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Casters removed today.

Bodhisattva 10-18-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLEE (Post 515305)
You are already lucky to have dedicated audio room. I just wish Magico offer protection grille (that can be easily taken off).

Magico is also not systematic in providing user manuals. There is one for Q3 but nothing for S5.

My S5's also didn't come with a manual which is strange as it includes instructions on how to unload the crates and set up your speakers (information you presume Magico would want owners to know). I queried this with Magico & received a reply from Irv who emailed me the manual and provided this explanation which is fair enough -

"At Magico, we put performance first and foremost. We devote all of our resources into developing and manufacturing our loudspeakers"

Clee, pm me your email address & I'll email you the S5 manual :music:

Cheers,

Bodhisattva 10-18-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asiufy (Post 515399)
I think Magico introduced grilles for the S5 (perhaps the S1 too). They're option, AFAIK...

alexandre

Alexandre, Magico definitely do manufacture grilles for the S1's. It is simply a down-sized version of the S5 grille. My S5's came with the optional? grilles, although anecdotally a number of S5's have been delivered without them. All I know is i'm bloody glad to have them on hand in case of guests. They're the best grilles i've ever seen, so i'm saying nothing! :paranoid:

imprezap2 10-18-2013 04:48 AM

Hi Toga,

Any change in low frequency precision ? with my much more humble V3's it was a large difference, I am now using the original Magico spikes and african ebony (hardwood) blocks with a RVS insert.

Olaf

TOGA 10-18-2013 05:41 AM

Ok, I had just have energy to give some input, slept only 4 hours last night ( work).
I set both speakers to be exactly same height by adjusting feet. the right speakers have wider gap in its feet. each foot have two pieces screwed together and this is used to adjust height. Overall the sound changed quite a lot, I have to adapt myself too, all sound
are clearer, sharper, faster. it's like a slingshot that shoot when rubber spring has much more tension before releasing. that is it also less forgiving sound. bass is tighter and more compact. this kind of sound is associated with any spikes or foot I felt. I will allow time for carpet to be completely flatten by weight, to get a final sound.

Toga

jazzman 10-18-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imprezap2 (Post 542151)
Hi Toga,

Any change in low frequency precision ? with my much more humble V3's it was a large difference, I am now using the original Magico spikes and african ebony (hardwood) blocks with a RVS insert.

Olaf

Would never use the grills for any serious listening session- they just exist for protection when not listening to music. Problem is not so much low frequency but diffraction in high frequency.

BlueFox 10-18-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva (Post 542141)
"At Magico, we put performance first and foremost. We devote all of our resources into developing and manufacturing our loudspeakers"

Translation: We forgot to include the manual. :)

I always wonder how you know if all that internal bracing has been adequately tightened, and some type of lock tight applied. If something inside came loose that would be one annoying, and expensive, rattle.

imprezap2 10-19-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzman (Post 542257)
Would never use the grills for any serious listening session- they just exist for protection when not listening to music. Problem is not so much low frequency but diffraction in high frequency.

Hi Jazzman,

I don't understand what you mean, I was asking Toga regarding the spikes, not the grilles.

Olaf