AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Aurender MQA Update (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42376)

jdandy 03-05-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akitared (Post 903590)
$54.99usd
$69.99 cad

akitared.......How does the software get loaded on the Aurender music server?

akitared 03-05-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 903601)

After updating the App, you navigate the new Purchase MQA option, it then performs a software upgrade on the device, about 5 mins. You can then purchase thru the app store on Itunes.

akitared 03-05-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akitared (Post 903603)
After updating the App, you navigate the new Purchase MQA option, it then performs a software upgrade on the device, about 5 mins. You can then purchase thru the app store on Itunes.

Forgot to add;

This update also adds SMB v2 functionality to the device for secure connectivity between PC and Aurender when copying music files across

Audio 1 03-05-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 903601)

Some details from Aurender:

http://www.aurender.com/blog/new-sof...p-2-9-3-93-189

PMCH 03-05-2018 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My cost was $49.99. I must be special. Sounds much better with full unfolding with my Berkeley MQA DAC so far. My IPhone camera skills are not very good though.

jameslrock 03-05-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rottikid (Post 903549)
Glad to hear it. How much of a difference does 1st unfold make.

Jim

Have not had a chance to determine but will give it a listen over the next few days. For now just making sure the update is working. Initial impression is positive.

jdandy 03-05-2018 09:03 PM

I have two Aurender music servers, N10 and N100H. Will I have to purchase two MQA Core Decoder licenses, one for each server?

richardallred 03-05-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 903633)
I have two Aurender music servers, N10 and N100H. Will I have to purchase two MQA Core Decoder licenses, one for each server?

Dan

I’m just wondering that since it seams like you will have the option to disable the unfold if you don’t like it, have you changed your mind?

I hope so, just because I like so many of us value your opinion and would love to see what you think

R

jdandy 03-05-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardallred (Post 903635)
Dan

I’m just wondering that since it seams like you will have the option to disable the unfold if you don’t like it, have you changed your mind?

I hope so, just because I like so many of us value your opinion and would love to see what you think

R

Richard.......I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I may hang back for awhile to be certain no bugs appear. I feel confident that Aurender has done their homework and that MQA has been all over their software package for licensing purposes, but I still remain completely satisfied with the way my two Aurender's are performing right now. I realize there is substantial interest in MQA decoding, but frankly I am barely lukewarm about MQA. It is quite probable I will follow suit and download the MQA Core Decoder on at least one of my music servers to see what all the hoopla is about, but I won't jump on the bandwagon right out of the chute.

jameslrock 03-05-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 903643)
Richard.......I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I may hang back for awhile to be certain no bugs appear. I feel confident that Aurender has done their homework and that MQA has been all over their software package for licensing purposes, but I still remain completely satisfied with the way my two Aurender's are performing right now. I realize there is substantial interest in MQA decoding, but frankly I am barely lukewarm about MQA. It is quite probable I will follow suit and download the MQA Core Decoder on at least one of my music servers to see what all the hoopla is about, but I won't jump on the bandwagon right out of the chute.

Dan, I think cost is per unit. My charge was $49.99 (plus tax?). Hard to say so soon if beneficial but first impression is positive. Depending on the master the MQA is from should depend on the improvement. Should we perceive improvement with the higher kHz on the display? Most will. :) I am optimistic by nature so I was fine to pay the price for the upgrade for about the cost of a few cds and be open to the Masters library with a higher resolution potential. Also I like to stay current and appreciate Aurender providing no or, in this case, low cost software upgrades.