AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   BDP-2 and NAS (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38713)

robfine 02-26-2017 07:37 PM

BDP-2 and NAS

I have a BDP-2 which I used to run off of a USB drive and recently connected it to my Synology DS415. It sounds good. Works great, except...

When I add music to the Synology the Bryston does not recognize it being there. The music that was on the Synology is recognized and played. When I add new music to the USB drive and turn on the BDP-2, it recognizes it and all is good. But when I add new music to the Synology, it is not recognized. What am I doing wrong?

(The added music is recognized by iPeng which serves music to my Squeezebox Touch, just not the BDP-2. )

Thanks

nicoff 02-26-2017 08:10 PM

Sounds like an issue related to updating your music database. Which software does the Bryston use to communicate with the NAS? More than likely it is a simple setting that you need to turn on to tell the software to scan the NAS for new/changed folders on a routine basis.

Lassej 02-28-2017 08:46 PM

If I remember correct now? Go to the view "media player" then choose setting up in the left corner and check the box "MDP DB enable" then MPD will search when starting up.

MPD always find new files on my NAS, USB drive and my SSD drive and I think that this was what I did to get it working. I am not having my BDP-2 here right now so I can check to be 100% sure but I hope this will help?

robfine 03-01-2017 06:59 AM

Thanks. I will give it a try.

James Tanner - Bryston 03-01-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lassej (Post 834603)
If I remember correct now? Go to the view "media player" then choose setting up in the left corner and check the box "MDP DB enable" then MPD will search when starting up.

MPD always find new files on my NAS, USB drive and my SSD drive and I think that this was what I did to get it working. I am not having my BDP-2 here right now so I can check to be 100% sure but I hope this will help?

Hi

Thanks Lassej - that is correct.

james

robfine 03-01-2017 05:19 PM

It worked so thank you both.

alegar 03-04-2017 12:26 PM

I have BDP1-USB connected to a Nas DS 916+ Synology with 12 songs of music in Flac and the BDP1 when it has completed about 35% is blocked, it always gives me this problem, when only you have connected three USB memories of 128 g, Is perfect, BDP Blocking is normal.

unincognito 03-09-2017 10:37 PM

There is a button labeled update in media player and on the dashboard which will also check your drives/network shares for new music. If your using 3rd party programs, they to should have a button for this.

unincognito 03-09-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alegar (Post 835237)
I have BDP1-USB connected to a Nas DS 916+ Synology with 12 songs of music in Flac and the BDP1 when it has completed about 35% is blocked, it always gives me this problem, when only you have connected three USB memories of 128 g, Is perfect, BDP Blocking is normal.

When you have the synology connected, how many songs does the BDP register? You can check under the system page. If it's north of 30,000 songs it's likely running out of system memory, if it's less then this then something is likely wrong and you should contact our tech support.

Cheers
Chris