AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   McIntosh Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MCT500 and MVP901 ordered (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49909)

Charles 05-23-2021 10:30 AM

MCT500 and MVP901 ordered

These units are on order. I am putting my MCD1100 and MVP881 FS in Marketplace. I just got the itch to experience some new Mac.:yes:

Best

Charles

Most recent updates: AQ Diamond USB replaces AQ Coffee; Wilson Audio Specialties Alexx replaced by Wilson Audio Specialties XVX Chronosonic; new subwoofer crossover; new Galaxy Grey Thors Hammer; Wilson Pedestals; heating and cooling completely reworked and reinsulated resulting in a much quieter, cooler, and more efficient room (cost about 10,000.00).
Amps: McIntosh 1.25KW’s (3) set on floor on custom made cultured marble slabs
Preamp and DAC: McIntosh D1100
Sources: McIntosh MCD1100 SACD player, MVP881 BR player, MVP851 DVD player, MR87 tuner, Marantz 510LV Laser Disc player, ASUS laptop USB (JRiver Media Center 23)
Speakers: Wilson Audio Specialties XVX Chronosonic
Sub-woofer: Wilson Audio Specialties Thor’s Hammer (1) horizontal lie and Wilson Watch Controller (abbr: WC)
Cables main system: Audioquest Wel Signature speaker cables and balanced IC (preamp to amps); Wel Signature AES/EBU balanced digital IC for CD playback; Audioquest Diamond optical (1) for tuner, (1) for BR player, and (1) for LD player for total of (3); Diamond USB cable; McIntosh MCT cable for SACD playback; Dragon power cords (5 HC cords and 3 source cords for total of 8); Thunder HC power cord for tuner; cables for DVD player not listed
Cables subwoofer system: Audioquest Redwood speaker cable (1); Wolf balanced subwoofer IC from WC to amp; Wind balanced IC from preamp to WC; Hurricane HC (2) and Dragon HC (1) power cords
Power conditioners: Audioquest Niagara 7000 (1) and Niagara 5000 (3); (4) dedicated 20-amp lines with no. 10 wire straight out of fuse box
Isolation: Wilson Pedestals
Cabinet: Double Custom Woodwork & Design (CWD) solid walnut cabinet on large casters; holds all sources and preamp; also, Niagara 7000; 11 feet minimum distance from speakers
Acoustic Treatments: Room and Echo Tunes
AC: Dedicated to this room only, an ultra-high efficiency and quiet recently installed Ruud split system 3-ton heat pump.
Room (mancave): 40’L x 15.5’W A-frame; max ceiling height 8’ min 5’; wall within wall construction built of 2 x 6’s; built over garage with custom hardwood floor with gym seal with over 40 Lowes stiffened wooden I-beams supporting floor; complete isolation from rest of house.

W9TR 05-25-2021 09:45 AM

Nice updates Charles, enjoy!

prepress 05-25-2021 05:57 PM

An expensive itch, I'd say. Was there anything other than that to drive this move?

But then, I wouldn't mind having the 901. I can't afford it and couldn't justify it when the idea crossed my mind a couple of years or so ago, as I have 3 BD players here, 2 Pioneer Elites and the original Oppo 83.

80B 05-25-2021 11:40 PM

Enjoy Charles!

Charles 05-26-2021 10:30 PM

Thank you all. I'm soon having my XVX spiked with Alexx V acoustic diode spikes specially manufactured for me by Wilson. I hope the new Mac will be in by then. Basically, I think Mac is simply the best buy by many many miles on the market. I would rather have my Mac gear than any gear on the market. Put Wilson Pedestals under the MCT500 and MVP901, complement with a Niagara 7000 and top AQ cords and cables, the sonics can't be beat. I want my gear to age together and replacing the MVP 881 and MCD 1100 with current gear finishes my task. I already have sold the MCD1100. I am still mourning my wife's passing terribly, but life needs to go on. She wouldn't want me to do otherwise.

Best

Charles

prepress 05-28-2021 03:54 PM

I hope you will grace us with photos once everything is set up. It will be amazing, I'm sure.

Of course, now the 901 is in my head.

prepress 09-03-2021 05:06 PM

By the way Charles, did you come through the recent rough weather in Tennessee okay?

Charles 09-05-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prepress (Post 1044537)
By the way Charles, did you come through the recent rough weather in Tennessee okay?

Prepress, yes I did. I had lot's of rain for about 12 hours but very little wind. Thanks for your concern.

Best

Charles

LarsT 12-23-2021 05:34 AM

Hi Charles. What do you think of the 901? Have you listened to any Blu-Ray audio by chance, or is it solely for video?

Vintage Pete 12-23-2021 06:00 AM

Congratulations Charles....that's going to be one amazing setup. :yes: