AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Japanese Exotica (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Japanese culture (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=7631)

Talk2me 03-14-2011 10:27 PM

Japanese culture

I know this forum is for A/V gear, but I am honored to watch the Japanese people react to such a horrendous catastrophe, with such stoic dignity, under the circumstances.

John James 03-15-2011 06:31 AM

I concur.

woodlander 03-15-2011 11:09 AM

It is impressive. If I was Japanese, I would be proud.

joeinid 03-15-2011 11:52 AM

+1

They all get to work helping others and themselves to restore their lives. It's heartbreaking to see all the devastation. I know I could never survive such a major catastrophe.

f1 fan 03-15-2011 12:13 PM

+1...they are amazing people. If anyone can pull themselves back up after such devastation it will be them. Thoughts and prayers go out to these wonderful human beings.

Dave

howiebrou 03-15-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talk2me (Post 149461)
I know this forum is for A/V gear, but I am honored to watch the Japanese people react to such a horrendous catastrophe, with such stoic dignity, under the circumstances.

:goodpost:

Gene 03-16-2011 12:48 AM

My baby brother who is an engineer for Honda almost lost his life... It has been a frantic 48 hours for me as I finally was able to locate and get hold of him. He's traumatized but okay. Back in his house. His house was a complete mess but it did not take damage structurally from the quake.

We joked only thing that survived inside his house was a Sony PS3 and a Sony laptop...

He was working in his 3rd floor Honda office when the 4th floor came crashing down upon them. Amazing only 1 fatal casualty at Honda in Tochigi.

turntable 03-16-2011 06:42 AM

We could all learn from the respect and manners the Japanese have towards each other and others.

When I vistsed Japan for work, a few points stuck in my mind.

You do not see Japanese people eating on the street - they believe there is a time and place to eat and that is in the home or at a resturant or similar

Respect for elders and the esperience they possess.

Vending machines have beer in them - In the west they would be vandalised and beer stolen

You can leave your suitcase anywhere on a train and it will not be stolen

Taxi's are immaculately looked after and most drivers wear white gloves

I noticed on the TV today that many Japanese people up North were standing in line to be given small rations of food. They all passed a big pallet full of the boxes of the food however stayed in line waiting for their turn. In the West some greedy bastard's would have all ready tried to steal the food.

If there is ever a country and people that can be stronger after a disaster like this, it is the Japanese.

Talk2me 03-17-2011 07:37 PM

I am sorry, I don't know what country this came from but it is the nail that sticks out the furthest, gets hit by the hammer the hardest, or someting to that effect.:yes:

woodlander 03-17-2011 08:40 PM

They are giving us all a lesson in how civilized people deal with adversity.