AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Acoustic Sciences Corporation (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   ASC Cinema/Tri-Panels (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=7402)

chessman 02-27-2011 12:42 AM

Thanks, Ivan. I made a bad assumption that the ASC site "Products" tab would be an aggregate listing. Turns out the tab is specific to the type of room use.

hkval 02-27-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 145148)
Howard,

What is the exact name of these? I have been on the ASC site and cannot seem to find anything that looks like yours.

They are called both Cinema Panels and Tri-Panels. They have 5 basic color fabrics and a large selection of special order fabrics. The Cinema Panels are on the general ASC website.

Masterlu 02-27-2011 12:44 AM

I use the Cinema Panels in most of my rooms. The construction and appearance is only exceeded by their acoustic performance.

hkval 02-27-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 145153)
Howard.......Excellent job. Adds to the beauty and character of your room, which by the way is lovely. It looks like a perfect, and most comfortable listening environment. Little by little, I think you may have exceeded your dreams with this magnificient sound system.

Thanks Dan. I just received the Nikon D3100 two days ago and, without reading the manual, took these pictures. This has definitely exceeded the dreams of 2 high school teachers. I am looking forward to spending the entire day tomorrow just listening to music.:thumbsup:

Vintage Pete 02-27-2011 01:21 AM

Howard....what Dan said, plus one. Really beautiful. These are also the first really good, full size photos of your room I've seen, and there is one additional photo there that helps put your room in perspective to the rest of the home. It is spectacular indeed.

These traps are very nice. I've always considered my room to not be a good candidate for ceiling traps, mainly due to the the popcorn finish on the ceiling, and the fact that there are quite a few eyeball lights in my ceiling that accent the system and some of the artwork in the room. Although I have quite a bit of acoustic treatment on the walls behind and around the system, I can't help but figure I'd benefit from some sort of ceoiling traps. Maybe I need to re-think my conclusions about not being able to do this, somehow. :scratch2:

Your room and system is to die for, Howard! :drool:

Pete

hkval 02-27-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 145167)
Howard....what Dan said, plus one. Really beautiful. These are also the first really good, full size photos of your room I've seen, and there is one additional photo there that helps put your room in perspective to the rest of the home. It is spectacular indeed.

These traps are very nice. I've always considered my room to not be a good candidate for ceiling traps, mainly due to the the popcorn finish on the ceiling, and the fact that there are quite a few eyeball lights in my ceiling that accent the system and some of the artwork in the room. Although I have quite a bit of acoustic treatment on the walls behind and around the system, I can't help but figure I'd benefit from some sort of ceoiling traps. Maybe I need to re-think my conclusions about not being able to do this, somehow. :scratch2:

Your room and system is to die for, Howard! :drool:

Pete

Thanks Pete and Dan and everyone. I am contacting Ivan to order more of them tomorrow because I am so pleased with the results. Buddy (Audio 1) was here last night and quite impressed with the improvements resulting from the Bass Traps and the Cinema Panels.
Howard

Masterlu 02-27-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkval (Post 145422)
Thanks Pete and Dan and everyone. I am contacting Ivan to order more of them tomorrow because I am so pleased with the results. Buddy (Audio 1) was here last night and quite impressed with the improvements resulting from the Bass Traps and the Cinema Panels.
Howard

I'll split a case of them with you Howard, I need some for my Cape Game Room. :thumbsup:

Michael TubeTrap 03-01-2011 04:28 PM

I have to give kudos to Howard for his attachment method. When he first told me about it, it sounded simple and effective. Now that he has run the experiment all the way through, it truly is an elegant way to attach panels.

Our product names can sometimes seem confusing. Those are called "CinemaPanels", but when we package them for sale through our dealers we package them in quantities of 8, and include some extra mounting hardware - voila, they become "TriPanels". Same great flavor, different name.

hkval 03-25-2011 03:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 145424)
I'll split a case of them with you Howard, I need some for my Cape Game Room. :thumbsup:

Thanks to Ivan's generosity and friendship, I was able to acquire 4 more Cinema Panels and installed them today. Thanks again to Mike and Chris at ASC for always being there when I needed them. The 2nd photo is an angle of the room that I have never taken before.

Vintage Pete 03-25-2011 03:39 PM

Your room really looks outstanding Howard....I bet it sounds spectacular!

Pete