AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Alexia versus Sasha II versus Sasha I (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=26730)

dcvibe 05-15-2014 11:38 PM

Alexia versus Sasha II versus Sasha I

Hi Guys... it has been a while since I have posted here. I have been enjoying my Sasha I's for a number of years now. I'm looking for advice on what differences people are hearing between Sasha I, Sasha II, and Alexia as I have the upgrade bug and am currently trying to sell my Sasha's to finance the next upgrade into newer Wilson technology!

jax4736 05-16-2014 12:12 AM

I am a Sasha II owner with Alexia on the way. I'll post my impressions when the Alexia's arrive.

dcvibe 05-16-2014 12:14 AM

Thanks. What did you have before sasha II?

2fastdriving 05-16-2014 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcvibe (Post 607190)
Thanks. What did you have before sasha II?

Jax had Sophia 3, I believe. You can see other threads where we discussed Sasha's (1 and 2) and Alexia.

I just went from Sasha 1 to 2. Main difference is that the treble is smoother, less fatiguing, and blends better with the mid to make voices seem more seamless and realistic. I hear no difference in bass. They need to be toed in a bit more than the Sasha 1, for some reason.

It's a great improvement though. Gets you pretty close to alexia. Almost makes it a "bargain", lol!

What equipment and wires are you using?

Ritmo 05-16-2014 06:46 AM

There is a review of the Sasha 2 in HiFi News. The reviewer reaches the same conclusion as Marc - the 2s are excellent.

Mikeoz 05-16-2014 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 607195)
Jax had Sophia 3, I believe. You can see other threads where we discussed Sasha's (1 and 2) and Alexia.

I just went from Sasha 1 to 2. Main difference is that the treble is smoother, less fatiguing, and blends better with the mid to make voices seem more seamless and realistic. I hear no difference in bass. They need to be toed in a bit more than the Sasha 1, for some reason.

It's a great improvement though. Gets you pretty close to alexia. Almost makes it a "bargain", lol!

So the Sasha 1's treble is fatiguing ? - a genuine question.

I plan to upgrade to this in time but you only generally hear positive things about current models. I certainly dont find the treble fatiguing with my Sophia 2 and I've not read this observation previously.

dcvibe 05-16-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikeoz (Post 607231)
So the Sasha 1's treble is fatiguing ? - a genuine question.

I plan to upgrade to this in time but you only generally hear positive things about current models. I certainly dont find the treble fatiguing with my Sophia 2 and I've not read this observation previously.

I have been with Sasha I now for several years and I do not find the treble fatiguing. I'm sure it was a relative statement. Obviously much of the character of the sound is going to be determined by your associated equipment and cables.

dcvibe 05-16-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 607195)

Marc

I am using a Theta Casablanca III HD preamp with extreme Dacs along with an Electrocompaniet AW250R solid state amp and Transparent Ultra MM2 interconnects/cables and various Transparent higher end power cords. I also have a couple of Transparent PIMM power conditioners and a Transparent PIR power conditioner. For critical listening I have moved to computer based MacBook Pro USB out through a Transparent Reference cable into my Theta extreme Dac and I use Audirvana on my MacBook for playback of my HD music. I'm using an M2 Tech USB to Coax converter.

I watch a lot of movies as well so the Theta is very versatile for me!

2fastdriving 05-16-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcvibe (Post 607240)

I have been with Sasha I now for several years and I do not find the treble fatiguing. I'm sure it was a relative statement. Obviously much of the character of the sound is going to be determined by your associated equipment and cables.

A few people on here have said that tweeter is very fatiguing to them. One guy said it makes him run out of the room. I never really felt it was fatiguing until I got the new Sashas. The new tweeter is a bit less harsh. It's more natural. And this is coming from a Sasha 1 lover. Not a hater!

dcvibe 05-16-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 607252)
A few people on here have said that tweeter is very fatiguing to them. One guy said it makes him run out of the room. I never really felt it was fatiguing until I got the new Sashas. The new tweeter is a bit less harsh. It's more natural. And this is coming from a Sasha 1 lover. Not a hater!

LOL… run out of a room on the Sasha I's. That is hysterical to me. The Sasha 1 is a tremendous loudspeaker. I've spent hours listening to them. In my room with my equipment it reminds me of live music. You are always going to have opinions out there… I'm sure the Sasha 2 is better… Wilson doesn't do upgrades for no reason. I'm just trying to figure out if it is worth it (financially) to upgrade? I know that is a personal decision but hearing others impressions that have made the move to Sasha 2 or Alexia is very helpful!