AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Dynaudio Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Any add. info. about Evidence Platinum ? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=15152)

TOGA 07-20-2012 10:58 PM

Any add. info. about Evidence Platinum ?

Hi,
Just would like to know where is the new Platinum stand in Evidence Series.
Is it a replacement for Temptation ? This new speakers look fantastic. And when was the last time the the Master has been updated ? with new technology may be the Platinum step ahead of the Master sonically. Would be great to learn more about Evidence Platinum. Thanks
Toga

joeinid 07-20-2012 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
see photo

TOGA 07-20-2012 11:05 PM

Thanks, yep I knew about it from that picture too.
from the sound I heard from C4, the Platinum must be fantastic.
Toga

joeinid 07-20-2012 11:09 PM

I am sure it is wonderful.

Dafos 07-21-2012 06:33 AM

Hi toga, there was a static display at Munich Hi End Show. The platinum shares the same platform as the temptation. They said it will slot in between the temptation and the Evidence which remains their top speaker. While it carries the tag platinum, it still retains the same MSP drivers and Esotar tweeters so I don't really know what the updates are. Neither the Evidence or the Temptation have been updated since their introduction.

VT Skier 07-21-2012 09:02 AM

I believe the drivers are all new, as are the crossovers, and that the cabinet design has also been changed to make it stiffer and less resonant. It's considered to be a "concept" speaker now, but I hope Dynaudio will introduce it formally at CES in January. Maybe they'll even have a private introduction for Dyn owners, as Wilson has done in the past.

I don't know anything about their sales, but the Master design is over 10 years old, so this would seem to be overdue. Lots of new companies (Magico, YG, etc) have come along since Dyn created the Master and then the Temptation.

TOGA 07-21-2012 12:30 PM

I dream to own Dynaudio since Contour 1.3MKII time when I was young. Now I have just
purchased a set of XEO and Focus Series, from what I heard it make me interested in
upper model like Evidence Series. But Evidence Master is way too expensive...
Toga

VT Skier 07-21-2012 07:59 PM

The Master was the best speaker I ever heard, but that was over 10 years ago. I'd love to hear the Q7 now.

Dynero 08-19-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT Skier (Post 339508)

I don't know anything about their sales, but the Master design is over 10 years old, so this would seem to be overdue. Lots of new companies (Magico, YG, etc) have come along since Dyn created the Master and then the Temptation.

I think Dynaudio has to do a serious re-boot of their flagship speaker if nothing else for the fact in 10 years time time Dynaudio has certainly learned a thing or two about advancing even the Evidence standard. If they're serious about this being the state of the art speaker it has to be refreshed.

EightZeroZeroDelta 08-19-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 339399)
see photo

That is beautiful looking. I have never seen a decent pic of it in gloss black. At that looks like gloss black.