AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Japanese Exotica (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Any views on Kondo Audio Note GE-1 Phono Stage and SFz SUT? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=29033)

FlexibleAudio 11-16-2014 11:42 PM

Any views on Kondo Audio Note GE-1 Phono Stage and SFz SUT?

Has anyone listened to the GE-1? Comments welcome......

FlexibleAudio 11-18-2014 10:16 PM

OK, if no one has a view on the new GE-1, how about Kondo phono stages generally??? (KSL-M77 etc.)

Masterlu 11-19-2014 12:55 AM

:lurk:

howiebrou 11-21-2014 10:01 AM

The Kondo phono stages are voiced to match their own cartridges and are basically a step up phono stage. I'm not sure I would use them with anything else. What cartridge did you have in mind?

howie

stargazerang 11-21-2014 12:24 PM

I am using the GE 1 phono and the Cfz SUT with the ortofon A95 cart and the matching is wonderful.

The Gain could be a tad low at around 34 db and thus you would need a higher gain preamp to compensate when used with a 5mv gain MM cart

FlexibleAudio 11-28-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howiebrou (Post 652394)
The Kondo phono stages are voiced to match their own cartridges and are basically a step up phono stage. I'm not sure I would use them with anything else. What cartridge did you have in mind?

howie

Sorry, I have been on vacation the last week and missed your responses. Thanks for the reply. I was planning on MC cartridges with with medium output (.5 mV range). With the GE-1and SFz it would be 68 db gain which should be adequate for something like the Lyra Atlas.

I am not sure what you mean by "voiced to match their own cartridges." I am interested because of the claim these units are exceptionally resolving, transparent and yet bring all of the positives of tubes. Can you elaborate?

FlexibleAudio 11-28-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargazerang (Post 652416)
I am using the GE 1 phono and the Cfz SUT with the ortofon A95 cart and the matching is wonderful.

The Gain could be a tad low at around 34 db and thus you would need a higher gain preamp to compensate when used with a 5mv gain MM cart

Thanks for the response, can you contrast the sound to any other tube phono sections you have listened to?

FlexibleAudio 12-02-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlexibleAudio (Post 654402)
Thanks for the response, can you contrast the sound to any other tube phono sections you have listened to?

One more time....thanks for any perspective you might have.

FlexibleAudio 12-06-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howiebrou (Post 652394)

howie

Where you referring to the Kondo Sut's only? That would maybe make sense to me but isn't the the GE-1 made to work with other gear??

Pojuojuo 10-16-2016 02:17 PM

I am reviewing these days the GE_1 with his step up, my first feedback is reeeeeally positive. Now I am playing a 0.2mV Koetsu Urushi Vermillion.
In a couple of weeks I will change to a 0.4mV Lyra Skala. I will feedback my final conclusions