AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Latest email scam/threat making the rounds (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46319)

jdandy 07-23-2019 09:13 PM

Latest email scam/threat making the rounds

Got this in my email box this evening. I disabled the active links for safety purposes.

Hi, I know one of your passwords is: GusTheHorse

Your computer was infected with my private malware, your browser wasn't updated / patched, in such case it's enough to just visit some website where my iframe is placed to get automatically infected, if you want to find out more - Google: "Drive-by exploit".

My malware gave me full access to all your accounts (see password above), full control over your computer and it also was possible to spy on you over your webcam.

I collected all your private data and I RECORDED YOU through your webcam, I must say - the result is some good material!

After that I removed my malware to not leave any traces and this email was sent from some hacked server.

I can publish the videos of you and all your private data on the whole web, including the darknet, where the very sick people are, social networks, over email of all contacts.

But you can stop me and only I can help you out in this situation.

Transfer exactly 800$ in bitcoin (BTC).

It's a very good offer, compared to all that horrible shit that will happen if I publish everything!

You can easily buy bitcoin here: paxful.com , coingate.com , coinbase.com , or check for bitcoin ATM near you, or Google for other exchanger.
You can send the bitcoin directly to my wallet, or create your own wallet first here: login.blockchain.com/en/#/signup/ , then receive and send to mine.

My bitcoin wallet is: 191chSfN28Qniupjv7DyJcJ9EVLouW33rL

Copy and paste my wallet, it's (cAsE-sEnSEtiVE)

I give you 3 days time to pay.

As I got access to this email account, I will know if this email has already been read.
If you get this email multiple times, it's to make sure that you read it, my mailer script is configured like this and after payment you can ignore it.
After receiving the payment, I will remove everything and you can life your live in peace like before.

Next time update your browser before browsing the web!

Mail-Client-ID: 1429249238

rnrmf1971 07-23-2019 09:21 PM

3 days and counting....

jdandy 07-23-2019 09:57 PM

No password like that and no webcams. Makes me wonder how many people fall for this crap.

Masterlu 07-23-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 973968)
No password like that and no webcams. Makes me wonder how many people fall for this crap.

I’ve been getting similar garbage like that for at least a year.

Masterlu 07-23-2019 10:12 PM

Our AudioAficionado Admin account receives between 300~500 spam emails a day!

rnrmf1971 07-23-2019 10:29 PM

About a year ago, I received the first email in this style and what was disconcerting was that it addressed me by NAME.
This particular email account was never opened with my real name so I was taken aback by the personal salutation.

Poppyhome 07-23-2019 11:13 PM

Yes, there are sick people in the world. :tears:

Be cautious, always know what URL you are going to. :yes:
Even experts can be fooled. :D

Ron

bart 07-24-2019 03:06 AM

Same mails here.

A patient of mine, a police man who works at the department of burglary investigation, tells that he has considerably less work lately.
Cyber crime has taken over, because it is less dangerous for a criminal to break into a pc than a house, where they can wait for them, armed with a weapon.

So yes, people fall for this crap...

Sharp 1080 07-24-2019 10:30 AM

The first day I had my laptop/tablet I taped over my camera and microphone! Recommended for everyone that doesn’t use theirs.

Kal Rubinson 07-24-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 973966)
Got this in my email box this evening. I disabled the active links for safety purposes.

Hi, I know one of your passwords is: GusTheHorse

Transfer exactly 800$ in bitcoin (BTC).

I give you 3 days time to pay.

I got a similar message a month or two ago. Changed passwords, reported message to the FBI (fwiw) and waited it out. No consequences (so far).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharp 1080 (Post 974025)
The first day I had my laptop/tablet I taped over my camera and microphone! Recommended for everyone that doesn’t use theirs.

Yes, of course, and that is how I know the sender was bluffing.