AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wireworld owners pictures - how flexible are your cables? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=11340)

Masterlu 12-13-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronenash (Post 239336)
The only WW cable I have flexibility problems with is the Equinox 6 Speaker cable. I have bannana plugs on the speaker end as I tend to switch amplifiers often. The connection of the cable to the connector is not stiff enough end seems like it will break soon. Because of the cable weight this point always flexes back and forth.

Wireworld has a lifetime warranty.

Rod#S 12-13-2011 07:49 AM

Wow! Awesome resposne everyone, thanks very much. Great info and great pictures. My setup is very similar to some of the pictures with respect to distance between the back of the gear and the wall and I'm very pleased to see your cables bend into those confines nicely. The power cords definitely appear to be as flexible if not more than my only after market power cord to date, a Kimber PK10 Gold which is a thick and heavy cable at 10 AWG and 10' long.

Rod#S 12-13-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 239335)
Very busy day for me, I'll post some tomorrow. :yes:

No worries. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures and something tells me I'm not the only one here interested ;)

Masterlu 12-13-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod#S (Post 239417)
No worries. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures and something tells me I'm not the only one here interested ;)

Gonna have to break out the wide angle lens. :)

Rod#S 12-13-2011 10:53 AM

I like the sounds of that :D

Rilands 12-13-2011 11:40 AM

My wireworld eclipse cables are to long for my application and they do not bend to well to tuck behind my cabinet. I bought them a few feet to long just in case i needed more length later on, i haven't needed it yet. I plan on selling them soon and tidying up my cables.
They are well built and do sound good.

Fabiano 12-13-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rilands (Post 239470)
My wireworld eclipse cables are to long for my application and they do not bend to well to tuck behind my cabinet. I bought them a few feet to long just in case i needed more length later on, i haven't needed it yet. I plan on selling them soon and tidying up my cables.
They are well built and do sound good.

Can't you just reterminate them to shorter length?? I sure Wireworld can arrange something in this direction. This should be much cheaper then selling them second hand and buying the correct ones all over...
just my 2c.
rgds

Rilands 12-13-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabiano (Post 239518)
Can't you just reterminate them to shorter length?? I sure Wireworld can arrange something in this direction. This should be much cheaper then selling them second hand and buying the correct ones all over...
just my 2c.
rgds

If I were going to get the same cables your idea would be the way to go, but I'm planning on going a different direction.

Masterlu 12-13-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabiano (Post 239518)
just my 2c.
rgds

Fabiano... How do you like yours?

ronenash 12-14-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 239344)
Wireworld has a lifetime warranty.

Thanks Ivan, that's very helpful.