AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Classe' Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Classe CP-800 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=16973)

mbovaird 11-02-2012 07:22 PM

Classe CP-800

Anyone out there using the Classe CP-800?

I just bought one and was wondering if there is a way to run my Mac Mini into the CP 800 and then out of the CP 800 into my other preamp? If so, how? Can you send me instructions? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Mike

o0OBillO0o 11-02-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbovaird
Anyone out there using the Classe CP-800?

I just bought one and was wondering if there is a way to run my Mac Mini into the CP 800 and then out of the CP 800 into my other preamp? If so, how? Can you send me instructions? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Mike

Oooh a strike! No record in/out on the CP-800?

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

enatai252 11-02-2012 08:19 PM

Mike

Are you looking to use the CP800 as a DAC only for USB input sometimes and use CP800 volume control for USB input at other times?

If you go to the menu and select "source setup" Just select a source (I think you can set up 20)....name it what you want...like USB-DAC and "USB-MAIN". select the USB Back as the input for each of those sources....lastly....select the "pass through" box on the first source setup page for the USB DAC source...this will pass through the signal without volume control

and when you select the USB main input....where you did not check passthrough...you will have volume control....

To only use the passthrough signal for your second preamp....setup two different configuration settings one using the main xlr and a second using the aux xlr....you can then tie an input to an individual config....

Very flexible

Bill.....it looks like after further review...your strike call has be overturned

:)

o0OBillO0o 11-02-2012 08:39 PM

enatai252, good find! What a flexible pre-amp! Should have thought about the Hometheater Pass thru!

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Int...25_4121990.jpg

However is there a record in/out and perhaps a record monitor?

mbovaird 11-02-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o
enatai252, good find! What a flexible pre-amp! Should have thought about the Hometheater Pass thru!

However is there a record in/out and perhaps a record monitor?

It has HT pass through Bill, and I knew there was a way!

mbovaird 11-02-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enatai252
Mike

Are you looking to use the CP800 as a DAC only for USB input sometimes and use CP800 volume control for USB input at other times?

If you go to the menu and select "source setup" Just select a source (I think you can set up 20)....name it what you want...like USB-DAC and "USB-MAIN". select the USB Back as the input for each of those sources....lastly....select the "pass through" box on the first source setup page for the USB DAC source...this will pass through the signal without volume control

and when you select the USB main input....where you did not check passthrough...you will have volume control....

To only use the passthrough signal for your second preamp....setup two different configuration settings one using the main xlr and a second using the aux xlr....you can then tie an input to an individual config....

Very flexible

Bill.....it looks like after further review...your strike call has be overturned

:)

Thanks buddy! I tried to PM you (since I've seen your postings on it and it interested me)...but it you aren't accepting PM's. :(. Thanks for answering though.

What amps are you running with your CP-800? I'm running the CA-2300 and the combo sounds fabulous together. Makes me wonder how much better those CA-M600's could sound! Why no love for Classe gear? It's world class IMO.

jdandy 11-02-2012 11:05 PM

Mike.......enatai252 is not a subscriber, so he cannot send or receive PM's.

mbovaird 11-02-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy
Mike.......enatai252 is not a subscriber, so he cannot send or receive PM's.

Oh geez....sorry.

jdandy 11-02-2012 11:12 PM

Mike.......Glad to see you managed to get some advice that will work for your CP-800. Our members bring a wealth of knowledge to the table at Audio Aficionado. Perhaps enatai252 will see the greater value presented to a SUBSCRIBER.

mbovaird 11-02-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy
Mike.......Glad to see you managed to get some advice that will work for your CP-800. Our members bring a wealth of knowledge to the table at Audio Aficionado. Perhaps enatai252 will see the greater value presented to a SUBSCRIBER.

I hope so. :)