AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magnepan (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Magnepan 30.7 Loudspeaker (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41033)

Weirdcuba 02-13-2018 09:36 PM

Umm, do you have to have a room that’s about as big as a basketball court for these things? I love the price performance ratio, but without a darn big room ....

nicoff 02-26-2018 08:03 PM

Will Magnepan be demonstrating the 30.7 at the Expona show in Chicago in April?

timm 02-28-2018 11:36 PM

You know... you would think wouldn't you?? But haven't heard or seen anything.

I am not sure why magnepan thinks allowing users to hear their product is a bad thing. In particular their high end stuff like the 20/30s. It's almost like 'behind the curtain' marketing. Sure they are big - but really in a showroom may take up less space because they are only 1-2" thick.

limniscate 03-01-2018 01:02 PM

No, they don't believe in demoing flagship speakers at trade shows. I asked Wendell about this recently.

timm 03-01-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limniscate (Post 902573)
No, they don't believe in demoing flagship speakers at trade shows. I asked Wendell about this recently.

Well the statement 'they don't believe in ' is what has me in a quandary. I get that having them at shows is challenging ... but not having them at dealerships?? So you have them at very few dealers - my closest is Evanston Illinois that carries the 20.7... from Michigan. About a 5 hour drive. But here is the best part ... they WONT sell to you if you are across state lines. This happened to me. I know some here have purchased from them - maybe because there were no dealers by them. I had 1 50 miles away that did not have them. So not only is it difficult to find the product - or a dealer... it is also difficult to purchase!! Lol.

nicoff 03-02-2018 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limniscate (Post 902573)

Not a great marketing strategy in my humble opinion...

wildcat82 03-02-2018 06:10 PM

Magnepan Questionable Strategy

I'm not sure how many know this but Wendell will NOT give dealers demo pricing for the 20.7s and probably with the 30.7s either. For some reason he thinks anyone interested in either of these models would will be willing to travel to the factory to demo there. I wonder how any perspective customer would compare any Maggie against competition at the factory? And what about electronic (amps, pre-amps, DACs) comparisons, what options do they have at the factory?

All he does is hurt sales of his 2 flagship models since no dealer would pay full price for demo units.

The fact that he won't show up at major audio shows is also questionable thinking? I guess Wendell is satisfied with the limited sales he generates with his current strategy.

limniscate 03-03-2018 12:30 AM

You can't even hear the 20.7's or 30.7's at the factory; I asked. You might be able to hear the 20.7's at Audio Research, assuming they still have them and they have availability. This is also directly from Wendell.

doguniverse 03-03-2018 07:57 AM

My dealer down in south florida has a pair of 20.7 speakers with the better stands, and they are huge! I need to go down and those speakers again.

David

robfine 03-03-2018 05:50 PM

Who is your dealer in S. Florida?