AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Fine Art & Collectibles (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Acoustic Art for Pete (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9562)

Masterlu 08-19-2011 08:00 PM

Acoustic Art for Pete

Pete... Have you considered doing some of your work as litho's on acoustic fabric for "Functional Art Panels"?

You can do it! :thumbsup:

Vintage Pete 08-19-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 194830)
Pete... Have you considered doing some of your work as litho's on acoustic fabric for "Functional Art Panels"?

You can do it! :thumbsup:

Ivan....this was suggested a while back, and at the time I felt like this wasn't something I'd want to try. It would be geared toward a niche market for sure, and there would be more of an investment involved than my present situation will allow. I'm not presently even able to scan, frame, etc the last oil painting I created.

It's certainly a product that would have interest here....but there would be acoustic materials that would need to be purchased as well as other materials, research, etc. Add to that, I'd need to leard to paint on a fabric material as I don't think canvas would have the right acoustic properties. It's a whole different ballgame...you can right almost any mistake on canvas, fabric would be another story.

(As I think about it though....probably what would need to be done would be an original created, and reproduced on the fabric...:scratch2:)

The idea and the product itself, I like. For eaxample, Jim's panels I really like. But right now, the situation here isn't good, and the money just isn't there.

I'll be lucky just to find a regular job in the engineering/manufacturing industry...so I can start right back down the same dead end road again! :icon_thumbsdown:

It is food for thought though Ivan, and perhaps it is something I should think some more about. You never know...

I appreciate your thoughts...:thumbsup:

Pete

Masterlu 08-19-2011 09:02 PM

I have a pretty extensive background in litho printing; I'll do some research for you in my spare time. Yes, I do still have some. ;)

klipschfan 08-19-2011 09:11 PM

http://realtraps.com/cust_kelly.jpg

BEAUTIFY YOUR REALTRAPS! This fabulous mural was created by Angela Beloian for one of our customers. The art is drawn in ink on absorbent fabric that was applied onto the MiniTraps. If you'd like Angela to do the same for you, please visit her web site. Click the image for a larger view.

RealTraps - Home

klipschfan 08-19-2011 09:22 PM

Another way to create art-Wacom Intuos4 tablet
Intuos4 Pen Tablet

Can be used with a number of software programs such as Corel, Adobe etc.
Priced from 30.00 on up.
Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 - Photo Editing Software

Would allow you to create an original piece of Art and be able to send as a file to any one of the companies that do acoustic panels.

Vintage Pete 08-19-2011 10:02 PM

Thank you guys for all your thoughts and ideas....:yes: :scratch2:

Pete

W9TR 08-31-2011 10:11 PM

Pete,
Would one the wide format Giclée printers be able to handle the acoustically transparent cloth? It looks like the GIK Artpanels are made with this kind of process. After all it's just inkjet printing with archival materials and multiple colors above and beyond CMYK. Time to start looking for audio themed commissions!

Vintage Pete 08-31-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 199642)
Pete,
Would one the wide format Giclée printers be able to handle the acoustically transparent cloth? It looks like the GIK Artpanels are made with this kind of process. After all it's just inkjet printing with archival materials and multiple colors above and beyond CMYK. Time to start looking for audio themed commissions!

I don't know. If the ink sprays through the cloth it could be a problem. (This wouldn't happen with canvas).

Pete

1KW 08-31-2011 11:20 PM

Pete, I will be your first customer :D , I was talking about this very idea a few weeks ago. I and many others would like to put up some room treatments that are attractive . PM me if you want to . David